DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Post by Nurin »

Really guys? I will say only this, if you want the images translated, pick the translations and do it by yourself, lol (The smallest knowledge of japanese is necessary), just don't put them in the page of the chapter.

And please, finish the subject about colored illusts :evil:
Call me Nurin!

yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

RikiNutcase wrote:
yoyoyo5678 wrote:I know it is a bit late but regarding the coloured illustrations - I think the reader will love it if you instead of removing them you will add the translated text of the text which is written there.

I'm suggesting it - since the purpose of translation and the clean-up is for the readers' enjoyment.
I will not translate off format. Like i said, i only translate from the book not play with the book. We are already hurting the author by making this free to the public, pouring more salt on the wound isnt my cup of tea.
Well, I agree and understanding that way of thinking- do as you please since I just suggested the suggest of the readers :wink:
Link to my user on B-T
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

RikiNutcase wrote:
I will not translate off format. Like i said, i only translate from the book not play with the book. We are already hurting the author by making this free to the public, pouring more salt on the wound isnt my cup of tea.
Hmmm.... Highly debatable, but I won't say anything more since that's your opinion.

In any case, I am personally liking the look of DAL main page so far. Looks way more interesting than before. I don't really understand the spoiler thing though.

How exactly is looking at chapter titles or volume titles a spoiler? Even if they are, the current option only allows you to either hide the main story volumes or the side story volumes.

Making it collapsible may serve the purpose of having the page neater, but I think a change in the description is required?
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Good, I would like if people give their feedback with the new MainPage, remembering the deadline for any staff that is not satisfied with the current position is 03/31/2014 this day heads will roll... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! :twisted:
Call me Nurin!

royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

As it should be, in the first place having so many editors on a project is.... a little to much.

Add to that the fact that, as you have mentioned, quite a few haven't even done much edits yet, I don't know...

To me, a project editor (PE) is someone who should be responsible of keeping the TL's as accurate as possible. Terms changes and other such matters that are decided by the translators can also be told to the PE to carry out, since it is usually pretty tedious.

In addition, a sizable amount of edits is definitely a plus. Not just the number of times a person edits, but the amount of edits made every single time the person makes an edit.

Also, I edited my comment above, please take a look and see if you agree with me? There is also the typo of "they are spoilers.." but I guess maybe it might work that way? :lol:

Edit: Errr thanks for adding me? Haha I just can't stand seeing something that is not grammatically correct. However, that is not to say that I am always correct. In fact, I have been scolded for my edits by some anon before. In any case, a second/third/forth opinion is always much appreciated and welcomed.
Don't you just love reading? I think it is one of the joys of life, where we can escape the cold reality of the world and exist in something so much more fun and exciting! ^_^
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Hmm... I dunno, I think you should talk about that with Vallor, since I think it's fine the way it is, but if it can be improved more, I think you should go for it.

In a Side note:

DISCLAIMER: As per having enough contributions, Royaloyalz was oficially added to the editors team.

Best Regards.
Call me Nurin!

RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

Be careful! They are spoilers below this!
If you don't want to be spoiled, click on the right button here:

I don’t think we need this.It shows the volume and well.......it isnt spoilers if you don't read ahead.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

RikiNutcase wrote:Be careful! They are spoilers below this!

I don’t think we need this.It shows the volume and well.......it isnt spoilers if you don't read ahead.
Just a comment, the japanese font suck to write in english. But like I said, tell this to vallor, he should have his reasons to add that.
Call me Nurin!

RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Post by RikiNutcase »

Nurin wrote:
RikiNutcase wrote:Be careful! They are spoilers below this!

Just a comment, the japanese font suck to write in english. But like I said, tell this to vallor, he should have his reasons to add that.
I am translating now and its a drag to turn this back to english mode.
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

RikiNutcase wrote:
I am translating now and its a drag to turn this back to english mode.
All the best for your translations then! :D

vallor will probably get back to us once he sees this, so it's just a matter of waiting.

Plenty of time to the dateline set by you guys anyways :lol:
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

RikiNutcase wrote:I am translating now and its a drag to turn this back to english mode.
Riki, it's easy, Shift + caps lock :D :roll:
Call me Nurin!

vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Post by vallor »

No problem, I deleted it. More, I made the 'hiders' closed by default when we reach the page.
The only problem it causes is that the links to the volumes in the ToC don't work, but does it really bother?

Nura asked me to reduce the size of the page; Mission accomplished (I think) :D

Edit:
Ow and, please, tell me if you find any mistake I made. I understand English quite well but write it properly is a different story. :lol:
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
Yascob99
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Campione!

Post by Yascob99 »

if thr TOC is not working by default put a note up there so people know they hve to toggle it for the toc to work. It also might be a good idea to move the open all toggle to right above the TOC so people can use the TOC reletively easily if they need to. Otherwise it seems pretty useless to have it because by the time you scroll down to use the toggle it would be easier to just open the volume you want to read.
- Yascob99 =)
royaloyalz
Project Editor

Post by royaloyalz »

Yascob99 wrote:if thr TOC is not working by default put a note up there so people know they hve to toggle it for the toc to work. It also might be a good idea to move the open all toggle to right above the TOC so people can use the TOC reletively easily if they need to. Otherwise it seems pretty useless to have it because by the time you scroll down to use the toggle it would be easier to just open the volume you want to read.
Good suggestion and I agree with it.

Placing it right below might be a good idea, since people can easily toggle it opened or closed whenever they want to access the TOC.
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Post by vallor »

I changed a bit the toggle and moved it, tell me if you like it now.
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.

Return to “Date A Live”