DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Post by Nurin »

Well, I was looking on the DAL's wiki page just now, and I thought it was a bit... too full... We have 9 volumes(10th coming soon), 6 side stories volumes, 4 active translators, 3 inactive, 14 active editors and 1 inactive.

My propose, is to make as the To aru majutsu no index series page have, and make a clean up on the page, also, I want to check who are active and inactive in the staff, and when I say active, is not the people that are wandering around BT some times, I am talking about people that are really editing in DAL.

Thoughts?

DISCLAIMER: If you got here through DAL's wiki page and is an active staff read this, if you want to be one read this, if you are not one and don't want to be one, read this
First of all, we have to find someone that understand of codes, because I don't have any idea about codes and stuff.

Second, we will need to check which editors are editing in the wiki, I will place a disclaimer on DAL page redirecting to this topic so the people alive will post here, anyone against? Even if you post here saying that you are alive, but you don't have editing lately you risk to have your name removed of the page.

Third, we will check the translators, which I think there's no problem, because I have seen almost all of them active in the last months.

Fourth, the deadline to the clean up will be to the end of the month, to 03/31/14 we need to have
  • One Admin
  • One Supervisor
  • A list of the ones that are really working on the project
Fifth, after the clean up, no one will be allowed to add his own name on the list, the rule will be
  • Start your edits first
  • When you think that you have done significant contributions to the project, you request to the project supervisor to have your name added, and if he conclude that you have done enough work, you will have you name added.
  • If you have you name added in the list and stop working, you risk having your name removed for inactivity.
Sixth, Everyone is happy
more stuff
So, some statements, I checked the staff, and here's the list
The dates are the last contributions and 【合格】 is approved, 【拒否】 is negated.
Translators
  • Rozenbach - 01/14/14 合格
  • RikiNutcase - 03/02/14 合格
  • Tsuchiura - 02/09/14 合格
  • Restiaest - 02/09/14 合格
Editors
  • Zeker - 06/30/12 Only one edit 拒否
  • Alexpte - Never edited 拒否
  • Xanga - 06/30/13 6 months of inactivity 拒否
  • Cliff - Never edited 拒否
  • Kira0802 - 02/10/14 - against my will, I will give an 合格
  • Dual Blades 12/11/13 - 合格
  • Daylighter - 05/15/13 - 拒否
  • Monsterbandage - 03/01/14 - 合格
  • Flowers-LavDai - 01/03/14 (Illustrations)- 合格
  • FERVENT - 07/26/14 - 拒否
  • ProxY - 07/28/14 - 拒否
  • DarkeKyuubi - 08/29/13 - 拒否
  • Insanitizer - 03/01/14 - 合格
  • Sideswipe - Never edited - 拒否
I listed only the active people, like this, I judged all the TLers as active, and reduced the number of active editors to 5, if you think it's unfair, state your reasons for this conclusion here.
The names listed with 拒否 were moved to inactive for the period to appeal, the deadline is 03/31/14.
Call me Nurin!

RikiNutcase
Project Translator

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Post by RikiNutcase »

I am alive!! i am alive!! don't delete me

Recently i've only seen bakapervert, monster and one anonymous actively editing the translations.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

No Riki, don't worry, I am sure that you are alive. The translators I think most of them are, but the problem is the Editors, we have tons of them, but I don't see half of them working... :/
Call me Nurin!

Insanitizer
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Insanitizer »

Due to trying to defend, this is my semester from hell, but I'm still editing. (I might have been the the anonymous).

As for page cleanup....not sure what you mean. Seems OK to me. It's no where near the size of index(which could actually use one).
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

I mean reducing the size of the bar in the right side of my screen by clean up... DAL is extending loooong.... not as long as index, but soon will be... 8)
Call me Nurin!

Devenk83
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Devenk83 »

Yes, why not ? A little organization can't be so bad... Even through I know some project pages who really need one asap.

But it's only the consequences of the absence of a administrator and a supervisor for this project.
Normally, it would be the task of the administrator to handle the organisation of the wiki.
Normally, it would be the task of the supervisor to know the status of the current staff.
But, as there are none... those things keep waiting to be done.

Maybe we can make advantage of this clean-up to name some people for those roles ? It will probably be Riki for the supervisor's role as he is an active translator of the project, and an active member in the wiki and the forum.
Ancien traducteur amateur EN/FR / Ex-Amateur EN/FR Translator
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Exactly Devenk, that's why I thought and took myself to act like the two of them lol.

Sometimes I can't stand somethings, like disorganization and people that are in the list but not work lol. Maybe for the fact that I am doing Uni for Administration and work in the administrative of a company lol.

Some times we have to take some attitudes, to make our work environment better.

P.S. Devenk, you shouldn't name "probably" because he is working on it, you will have to ask him if he wants to lol...
Call me Nurin!

Devenk83
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Devenk83 »

It was only a supposition from me, I know we need to ask him first.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Ok, good that you understand lol

First of all, we have to find someone that understand of codes, because I don't have any idea about codes and stuff.

Second, we will need to check which editors are editing in the wiki, I will place a disclaimer on DAL page redirecting to this topic so the people alive will post here, anyone against? Even if you post here saying that you are alive, but you don't have editing lately you risk to have your name removed of the page.

Third, we will check the translators, which I think there's no problem, because I have seen almost all of them active in the last months.

Fourth, the deadline to the clean up will be to the end of the month, to 03/31/14 we need to have
  • One Admin
  • One Supervisor
  • A list of the ones that are really working on the project
Fifth, after the clean up, no one will be allowed to add his own name on the list, the rule will be
  • Start your edits first
  • When you think that you have done significant contributions to the project, you request to the project supervisor to have your name added, and if he conclude that you have done enough work, you will have you name added.
  • If you have you name added in the list and stop working, you risk having your name removed for inactivity.
Sixth, Everyone is happy
Call me Nurin!

Devenk83
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Devenk83 »

I have nothing against it.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

So, some statements, I checked the staff, and here's the list
The dates are the last contributions and 【合格】 is approved, 【拒否】 is negated.
Translators
  • Rozenbach - 01/14/14 合格
  • RikiNutcase - 03/02/14 合格
  • Tsuchiura - 02/09/14 合格
  • Restiaest - 02/09/14 合格
Editors
  • Zeker - 06/30/12 Only one edit 拒否
  • Alexpte - Never edited 拒否
  • Xanga - 06/30/13 6 months of inactivity 拒否
  • Cliff - Never edited 拒否
  • Kira0802 - 02/10/14 - against my will, I will give an 合格
  • Dual Blades 12/11/13 - 合格
  • Daylighter - 05/15/13 - 拒否
  • Monsterbandage - 03/01/14 - 合格
  • Flowers-LavDai - 01/03/14 (Illustrations)- 合格
  • FERVENT - 07/26/14 - 拒否
  • ProxY - 07/28/14 - 拒否
  • DarkeKyuubi - 08/29/13 - 拒否
  • Insanitizer - 03/01/14 - 合格
  • Sideswipe - Never edited - 拒否
I listed only the active people, like this, I judged all the TLers as active, and reduced the number of active editors to 5, if you think it's unfair, state your reasons for this conclusion here.

The names listed with 拒否 were moved to inactive for the period to appeal, the deadline is 03/31/14, after that date they will be deleted from the page.

Different opinions?
Call me Nurin!

Insanitizer
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Insanitizer »

Nurin wrote: Fifth, after the clean up, no one will be allowed to add his own name on the list, the rule will be
  • Start your edits first
Sixth, Everyone is happy
I would not do the 5th one. I mean...that's basically what people do now. It's just more informal. People only doing a few edits don't bother adding. Doing it that way just seems excessively bureaucratic.

I guess, I'd rather not do anything to discourage people from contributing that isn't actually need. I (or someone) can just cull the lists every once in a while. Translators I would just move to inactive.

I'm cool with Nurin or anyone being administrator.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

We have 5 people that added their names there and NEVER edited anything... lol

Then, remove the 5th rule and make the supervisor control lol :lol:
Call me Nurin!

Devenk83
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Devenk83 »

Here is a small list of more or less important suggestion :
  • Smaller illustrations on the page. There are some people who are against illustrations on the page.
  • Alternative languages link in the alphabetic order. So people can find their language more easily.
  • Less than 3 updates on the page. Too much update is not really useful and it's a little ugly.
  • Separate the side stories from the main stories. For a little more organisation.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Devenk83 wrote:Here is a small list of more or less important suggestion :
  • Smaller illustrations on the page. There are some people who are against illustrations on the page.
  • Alternative languages link in the alphabetic order. So people can find their language more easily.
  • Less than 3 updates on the page. Too much update is not really useful and it's a little ugly.
  • Separate the side stories from the main stories. For a little more organisation.
First one is good, reducing the size of the images will not hurt anyone. Left to after Vallor finish the template

Links in alphabetic order, doing this right away 成功

Less than three updates, too much updates spam the page 成功 Devenk did it lol

Separate side stories and main story, good, I will leave this one for Vallor since he will do the Template.

Different opinions?
Call me Nurin!

Return to “Date A Live”