DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Sideswipe
Astral Realm

Re: DAL Wiki Page Clean-Up

Post by Sideswipe »

Hi, ive just stated reading Date a Live after Highschool DxD and wanted to contribute to it, i cant translate unless i have a RAW text file (not a physical book). I am picking up grammar with the new translations.
I only just signed up a few days ago so i don't fully know the rules Sorry for breaking any if i have done. All i know is that ill be reading this series with great interest and will correct any errors (grammar) i spot.
Thanks,
Sideswipe
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Nurin »

Sideswipe wrote:Hi, ive just stated reading Date a Live after Highschool DxD and wanted to contribute to it, i cant translate unless i have a RAW text file (not a physical book). I am picking up grammar with the new translations.
I only just signed up a few days ago so i don't fully know the rules Sorry for breaking any if i have done. All i know is that ill be reading this series with great interest and will correct any errors (grammar) i spot.
Thanks,
Sideswipe
FIne, do your work, your name will be added back if you are active editing.
Call me Nurin!

trojan13ic
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by trojan13ic »

Just aa clarification... :D

Umm... What will happen to those past Translators? Will their name be removed for not being active in Translating, even though they've Translated a chapter or a full volume in the past? will they still be posted as inactive?

Just confused... :?:
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

no, people that never did nothing will be removed, otherwise will be inactive
Call me Nurin!

Yascob99
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Campione!

Post by Yascob99 »

Nurin wrote: First of all, we have to find someone that understand of codes, because I don't have any idea about codes and stuff.
I may be able to work on some of the code I'm not amazing at html but I am probably good enough. I may be able to slowly do it but I have quite a bit of free time and would be willing to do so for the time being. I can also probably have it complete within the month time limit. All I need is to know what I need to do.

Just so If I mess up somewhere I could set up a dropbox folder with a copy of the page in html form so that it can be previewed before changes are actually made

Please tell me what you think as I would love to help out this awsome site in some way but can't easily due to my insufficient understanding of Japanese.

Thank you
- Yascob99 =)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

You can help on the maintenance of the code, updates and such, since the template is already done(So fast? Seriously?)

P.S. Once the code is approved by the council it will be made a template (We have a council? Seriously?)
Call me Nurin!

Yascob99
Kyonist

Post by Yascob99 »

Nurin wrote:You can help on the maintenance of the code, updates and such, since the template is already done(So fast? Seriously?)

P.S. Once the code is approved by the council it will be made a template (We have a council? Seriously?)
Good to know. I already figured out how it works from looking at the Toaru ones so if we need new ones or something breaks I'm pretty sure I can fix or write them. Also I would like to comment the colour scheme that vallor used does not really look to good to me but that is easily changed. I think it might be cool to use the colour of the spirits to colour the specific arc buttons. ie story arc 1 - purple, story arc 2 - green etc... though i'm not sure what could be done for the short stories.

P.S. It would be much easier to communicate about it via pms or maybe vallor's page's discusion because waiting for a mod to aprove my posts every time is a hassle.
- Yascob99 =)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

If you have a twitter, try twitting to @_Vallor_, so you two can discuss this, I will be apart of the color schemes as I have no knowledge about colors... :roll:
Call me Nurin!

Flowers-LavDai
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flowers-LavDai »

Please don't delete me...
I'm busy with schoolwork and don't really have time to serve my role as an editor. Sorry for that...
But can I keep my position as editor?
I'll get back as soon as Spring Break comes...
Yascob99
Kyonist

Post by Yascob99 »

Here is something like the colour scheme i'm proposing. The side stories and stuff could be changed as well but idk what to do for them.
- Yascob99 =)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Flowers-LavDai wrote:Please don't delete me...
I'm busy with schoolwork and don't really have time to serve my role as an editor. Sorry for that...
But can I keep my position as editor?
I'll get back as soon as Spring Break comes...
Hello flowers, as you can see, you were kept as a editor, because you have significant contributions on the last months or so, I moved to inactive the ones that never edited, edited almost nothing and the ones that are really inactive (Which are over 60% of the editors), you were kept there.
Yascob99 wrote:Here is something like the colour scheme i'm proposing. The side stories and stuff could be changed as well but idk what to do for them.
Good, discuss it with Vallor
Call me Nurin!

Insanitizer
Literature Club Member
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Insanitizer »

My comments on the template would be

1)I would put the volume names with the arc names.
First Arc(volume 1)
Second Arc(volume 2)
Third Arc(volumes 3 and 4)

2)Would it be possible to arrange them vertically? The table format is kinda weird and will look odd
First Arc(volume 1)
Second Arc(volume 2)
Third Arc(volumes 3 and 4)
Also, I think the across format will look bad when the 7th arc starts. And it makes it less clear what order they are in.

While coloring the buttons according to the spirits is a nice idea, I'm not sure how to do it.

First Arc - Tohka - Purple
Second Arc - Yoshino - Not sure. The predominant color for her is green, but that is the most obvious choice for the sixth arc(Natsumi) also. Blue would be another choice, but that conflicts with arc 5.
Third Arc - Kurumi/Kotori - Red - fits them both at least
Fourth Arc - Yamai - Yellow? - no real good option here
Fifth Arc - Miku - Kinda a Lavender maybe? If you made Yoshino blue, this seems like it might be to similar.
Sixth Arc - Natsumi - Green? I guess. again, no real good choice. Her predominant color is purple again.

It's a neat idea, but I'm on not sure how you could do it.

It probably doesn't matter all that much, as I think we are past the halfway point of the series(sadly enough), so there won't be that many more books I think.
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Post by vallor »

I thought it would be simplier for everyone if I write here, so here I am!

So:

1) Done
2) Done
3) I won't do it as long as I don't have precise instructions. :lol:
And if you want the characters' true colours, these are the good ones (based on Sephiroth's):
Spoiler! :
- Tohka => Brown (Surprising, huh?)
- Yoshino => Blue
- Kurumi => Black
- Kotori => Red
- Yamai twins => Yellow
- Miku => Mauve
- Natsumi => Green
- Origami => White
Edit:
Sorry Yascob99, I was faster than you. :lol:
But if you have suggestions, go ahead and tell me. ;)

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... or_-_Tests
If you want to make comments, feel free to write them here or in the discussion page.
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
Flowers-LavDai
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Flowers-LavDai »

Thanks for the reply!!!
I'll get back to the job when Spring Break comes.
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Flowers-LavDai wrote:Thanks for the reply!!!
I'll get back to the job when Spring Break comes.
No problem mate
vallor wrote: 3) I won't do it as long as I don't have precise instructions. :lol:
And if you want the characters' true colours, these are the good ones (based on Sephiroth's):
Spoiler! :
- Tohka => Brown (Surprising, huh?)
- Yoshino => Blue
- Kurumi => Black
- Kotori => Red
- Yamai twins => Yellow
- Miku => Mauve
- Natsumi => Green
- Origami => White
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... or_-_Tests
I liked the concept of the colors Vallor, even me can say that is better than before. lol (This was supposed to be a praise)

OFF TOPIC: I will wait until the vol 10 comes to buy my next shipment of LNs(Even though I didn't read 8 and 9 yet)
Call me Nurin!

Return to “Date A Live”