Date A Live: Anime Discussion

General discussions related to Date A Live series

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rynz
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Danganronpa

Re: Date A Live: Anime Discussion

Post by Rynz »

RikiNutcase wrote:If they introduced Natsumi in S2. i'll give up on it before it starts. i mean 5 volume in 12 episodes...are you serious?
-hahaha,i just thought they were created 20+ ep for the S2 :lol: maybe...
denormative wrote:Because animating five volumes in 13 episodes to finish the Natsumi arc will result in the same mess as Campione!'s anime?
Unless they've announced a VA for Natsumi, I imagine they'll just animate the next three volumes and pad it with short stories if necessary.
-hmm...you're right...and about Natsumi VA...if possible?yap i want it too :D ....I just can't stop thinking that...what will Shidou do with "them" in the end? :lol:
Shadowsinner
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shadowsinner »

Get with the times people. It's just gonna be volume 5-7 for this season.
tsuchiura
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by tsuchiura »

Eh, if im not mistaken it should be 12 episodes, like the previous one. Considering Kurumi's popularity, I doubt they're going to bother cutting too much of Miku's arc. I can't really estimate how much is Yamai's arc, especially when it's just one volume. If they're going by the "3 episodes 1 volume" formula again though, you've got 3 extra episodes... Expect fillers I guess. Or some of the short stories dumped in. Yoshino Fireworks is a possibility considering it wraps up what happens in episode 11. Maybe Yamai Lunchtime too (come on, new girls, more love <3)

Inverse Tohka is pretty much built as a climax, so having more things after it would be really weird IMO. In fact, I'd say, because of IT, Natsumi has literally zero chance of ever appearing in S2. Time to wait for a S3 then...
3 prong translator with the speed of a munchlax. Translating from both Chinese fansubs and JP raws.
I write random stuff too, on occasion.

Completed projects: Date A Live Volume 7: Chapter 6, 7
Working on: Date A Live Volume 7: Chapter 8, 10
Crimsonflair
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crimsonflair »

Funimation has announced an English dub for the first season.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2014/02/ ... debreaker/
Shadowsinner
Haruhiist Sensei
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Shadowsinner »

Anime are so awkward to watch in english. Why do people even bother?
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Like, I think the same when I see anime dubbed to Portuguese, the anime becomes really awkward, because there's loads of changes and it really does become awkward!

But, if you think about that, it is good for kids, who don't know how to read or have difficulties to read the subs and watch the anime.
Call me Nurin!

stellarroze
Senior Project Translator

Post by stellarroze »

Not all English dubs are bad...

On another note, since all the blu-rays for season 1 should have been subbed by now, I guess I can finally watch Date A Live. :D
Megasupremox
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Megasupremox »

Here another PV, this one doesn't show anything new but well something its something. Finally, this second season will have 12 episodes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEhxA3kdKwA
Devenk83
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Devenk83 »

An OAV for Kurumi Starfestival will be released on December 9, 2014.

Source : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... me-episode
Ancien traducteur amateur EN/FR / Ex-Amateur EN/FR Translator
Crimsonflair
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Crimsonflair »

English Dub trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VUBMtLmis

Another clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CA7RDDhz2Q

Thoughts on the English dub:
Acting was kind of meh. I would say it is passable (just like the anime itself). These were only small clips of their voices so don't give them full verdict.
Megasupremox
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Megasupremox »

What do you guys think about this second season?.
In my opinion too fast but well, It was good while it lasted.
Arcsol93
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by Arcsol93 »

Dunno yet, I have to catch up on the recent ones they released.

On another note, looks like they are releasing a movie. I wonder if it will be a compilation or a standalone.
"It's true that the real world is a shitty game. It's both unreasonable...and illogical...But a happy end will never come to those who want to finish a difficult game with ease." -The World God Only Knows
Darwen Gwein
Haruhiist Disciple

Post by Darwen Gwein »

Season 2 started well, I thought, but fresh after watching episode 9 I feel like the animation dropped in quality some, the dialogue became chees-y/ier, and someone chucked the pacing out the window.

It made me giggle when Shido pretty much said "I have to save Tohka; I can't waste time here... But seriously now, let's stand in this stairwell and talk about your past for a bit." That was a lampshade that needed hanging.

Otherwise, the creepy evil guy is a creepy evil guy; the ruthless, emotionless peon is a ruthless, emotionless peon; Tohka, who has already BSOD'd before witnessing Shido survive certain death in season one, BSODs again as Miku just stands off to the side with her Angel completely prepared yet doing nothing; and I still have no idea what a "territory" is, except that it's used by "wizards" against spirits. it really feels like the director is just saying "Heck, if they haven't started reading the light novel by now, we can't get them interested. Screw it all."

Or... Some of these things just don't translate well from the original format? Is this the usual pattern for LN-adapts? Eh, I'll just start reading eventually, I guess.
Wiki name: Darwen G'wein (note the apostrophe)
Pesterchum Handle: umbralCatalyst
Founding Member of the Institute of Slowly and Painfully Working Out the Surprisingly Obvious [ISPWOSO]

Return to “Date A Live”