All Projects Startup Guidelines

Please read before posting! Also contains wiki policies and rules.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Hei
Astral Realm

Re: All Projects Startup Guidelines

Post by Hei »

I can't send a PM so I'm writing this here. I have translated the prologue of mondaiji in italian and I'm slowly translating SAO. Is it possible to do something like the english version of durarara? There are a lot of external links there.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Hei wrote:I can't send a PM so I'm writing this here. I have translated the prologue of mondaiji in italian and I'm slowly translating SAO. Is it possible to do something like the english version of durarara? There are a lot of external links there.
It's possible. Please create the project topics in the Alternative Language Forum, it'll be easier for me to help and answer your questions there.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
NiwaKonzen
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by NiwaKonzen »

Hello! I'm new too and I'm also trying to translate Mondaiji to Italian. So after I read Hei's discussion I would like to know if He/she is also on that project.
I'm starting to work on the prologue too, so if Hei already had done it I'll start with Chapter 1.
I've already asked the authorization to Firebird to start the project and he said that was ok, but I'm new to the wiki-system.
I did find a lot help page with the layout ecc.. but I couldn't find anything on how to create/add new page.
I know I'm strange.....
Please don't kill me!!!

I'm already working on the translation, so if someone can help me I would really grateful.

Thank You!
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

NiwaKonzen wrote:Hello! I'm new too and I'm also trying to translate Mondaiji to Italian. So after I read Hei's discussion I would like to know if He/she is also on that project.
I'm starting to work on the prologue too, so if Hei already had done it I'll start with Chapter 1.
I've already asked the authorization to Firebird to start the project and he said that was ok, but I'm new to the wiki-system.
I did find a lot help page with the layout ecc.. but I couldn't find anything on how to create/add new page.
I know I'm strange.....
Please don't kill me!!!

I'm already working on the translation, so if someone can help me I would really grateful.

Thank You!
Hello Niwa! Welcome to Baka-Tsuki!

You'll need to see if you can contact Hei. Try sending Hei a PM, or locate his User Talk page on the Wiki (if it exists).

If you're having difficulty figuring out how to make a new page, here's a quick way to do it:
  • Type the name of the page you want to create on the search bar
  • Click on the red link to make the page!

Other ways to make a new page is to make a Red Link (by editing a page), and then make the new page from there.

Or you can type in the URL for the page you want, and if the URL doesn't exist, you'll go straight to making the new page.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
NiwaKonzen
VOID UNDEAD SPECTOR

Post by NiwaKonzen »

cloud wrote:
Hello Niwa! Welcome to Baka-Tsuki!

You'll need to see if you can contact Hei. Try sending Hei a PM, or locate his User Talk page on the Wiki (if it exists).

If you're having difficulty figuring out how to make a new page, here's a quick way to do it:
  • Type the name of the page you want to create on the search bar
  • Click on the red link to make the page!

Other ways to make a new page is to make a Red Link (by editing a page), and then make the new page from there.

Or you can type in the URL for the page you want, and if the URL doesn't exist, you'll go straight to making the new page.
Thank You! Then I'll start with the index page of Mondaiji.
Hei isn't registered on the wiki. I can't send PM because I'm a new member and Hei too.
I'll wait and see if He/She will reply.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Don't forget to create a thread for the project in the Alternative Language Forum (unless it's already done).

It'll allow you to post messages until you'll be able to send PMs.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

I just wanted to bring up that KuroiHikari and I were working on a Wiki page version of the New Project Startup Guidelines.

The benefits of this having a Wiki page, is that many new BT users are confused by the forums (it's intimidating!), and its difficult to navigate from help topic to help topic. The idea of the Wiki Help Pages is to solve these problems. I'd like to propose that we use the Wiki Help page as the official page, protect that page so only Supervisors can edit, and then archive the (slightly outdated) forum threads regarding BT policy.

In the mean while, I'd like to bring up some outdated elements of of the Startup Guidelines.

For example:
  • The one week time limit to translate your chapter
  • What in the world does the warning ATP tag even mean?
  • Do people actually email TLG when new projects are added? (is it overlooked?) If we're supposed to be emailing TLG, it should be clearly codified in the rules so that people are emailing TLG with new projects.
  • Rules for Teaser projects have never been officially put down. Do they also get the warning ATP tag? Should supervisors be notified when a random translator creates a Teaser Project Page? We really need to write down, for example, that Teasers cannot be posted if its series is already licensed by a publisher.
A lot of this stuff is intuitive to us, because we've been on BT for a long time, but it isn't intuitive to new members.

Feedback from everyone would be appreciated, especially if Oni-kami could come to this thread. *prays upon the heavens of baka-tsuki*
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

cloud wrote:one week time limit to translate your chapter
Plain crazy. Thank god this isn't taken seriously.

We need the "full project one volume" stuff. Also no considerable progress for 3-6 months on the project = chapter registration void.

Does this even belong here?
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

Did I miss when it was decided that full project needed one volume instead of one chapter???
onizuka-gto or anyone else, can you tell me?
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by krytyk »

Vaelis wrote:Did I miss when it was decided that full project needed one volume instead of one chapter???
onizuka-gto or anyone else, can you tell me?
During general meeting. http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php ... arch302014 It should be somewhere there. Since it was decided back then as far as I can remember. It was decided together when we were changing rules on how projects become full projects.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

krytyk wrote:
Vaelis wrote:During general meeting. http://baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php ... arch302014 It should be somewhere there.
I didn't find anything about it there.
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by krytyk »

It should be. As I edited the post above, it was decided when we changed the way teaser projects become full projects.

Edit: Mmm logs say it was 1 chapter not including prologue (its even my line >.>). I'm not entirely sure now, but I think it was decided around that time.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10303

It was proposed when cloudii drafted the startup guidelines and call for a community vote.
DragoMuseveni
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Highschool Dxd

Post by DragoMuseveni »

Hello . I am kinda lost so i hope to get an answer . On the wiki there is a romanian category , but i dont find highschool dxd . i want to translate it , i already have the life 0 translated . I cant send a pm , and also i didn`t find any romanian supervisor . So what should i do ? Sorry for posting here ......
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

DragoMuseveni wrote:Hello . I am kinda lost so i hope to get an answer . On the wiki there is a romanian category , but i dont find highschool dxd . i want to translate it , i already have the life 0 translated . I cant send a pm , and also i didn`t find any romanian supervisor . So what should i do ? Sorry for posting here ......
You should make a project page. Go here...

https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... ction=edit (or similarly named page)

Then copy the format of one of the other Romanian projects (or translate the important parts of the English project page) to create a project page. If you want, there are guidelines here and there, but I personally think it's easier to just copy another page then change things. You're also supposed to notify the admins after you create the page (just say "I made this page and am starting this project..."). Then after that you'll have a place to put your translation(s).

Return to “Rules”