Let's Renovate Baka-Tsuki: Master List

Have a question? Not sure what you're doing? How to start a project? Why isn't the android app working? Preferably use Discord or wiki's admin talk, but you can ask it here.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Forum rules
This is a pruned topic. If nobody responds to your post before it is pruned, please post again.
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Let's Renovate Baka-Tsuki: Master List

Post by cloudii »

If you haven't heard the news, Simon as received access to the Baka-Tsuki server! We are planning on implementing numerous upgrades in the upcoming future, so if you have anything that comes to mind, please post here. Bugs, suggestions, ideas — currently we welcome anything. This post will be used as a master list to track all issues that come to the table.

Rules For Suggestions:
  • Please keep suggestions technical in nature. This thread is not for discussing rule changes, ethical things, or fluffy humanities business. Simon is a sysadmin. Ask yourself, what kinds of things and issues concern a sysadmin?

Trivial tasks that an ordinary supervisor can handle should be directed to the Administration Contact Page. This page is for the big fish.

If your suggestion has an existing forum post, please link it.
Activity Log:
March 2015:
Spoiler! :
2015.03.29 - Oni receives access to BT server. Oni and Cloudii disable registration. Spam stops.
2015.03.31 - Simon receives access to BT server. Simon installs zabbix and Extension:Mediawiki-reCaptcha. Registration is re-enabled. Blog wordpress version is updated. Cloudii receives admin access to blog.
2015.04.01 - Cloudii installs new theme on blog. Simon gets admin access to Forums. Mail sent to TLG.
Note to forum supervisors: please keep this post up to date!
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
cloudii
Project Translator

Re: Let's Renovate Baka-Tsuki: Master List

Post by cloudii »

Server/Wiki
  • - Optimize Server performance.

- Fix caching of wiki pages, particularly during editing

- Download as PDF not working

- View counter

- Dynamic, User-customizable Sidebar
Forum
  • - Reorganize boards

- Add strikethrough tag, and image resizing
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
yoyoyo5678
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by yoyoyo5678 »

Wiki + Forum:

Option to restore deleted pages
Link to my user on B-T
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

yoyoyo5678 wrote:Wiki + Forum:

Option to restore deleted pages
Higher ups have that possibility in the wiki.

I personally want the viewcounts/popular pages back if it can be done without affecting a lot the other stuff.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Uhm, and that wasnt an aprils fool gag?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

We'll probably have up to 24 hours of downtime sometime within the next few weeks. Reminder to list things that need to be fixed in the wiki/forums, or things you think should be added or changed, so it can get done during the downtime if necessary.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I don't think we need edit rights on everyone with some sort of rank.
I think mainly the admins, mods, senior tl, senior edit ranks(? just a suggestion).
(of course, this would mean we would need more actual mods)
We can keep the approval of post rights the same, it's been working out fine so far.

Edit:
Oh ya, can either forum 01 not be Cognitive Dissonance Zone, or global threads not fall back to forum 01?
All global threads accessed from like "new post" appear locked due to forum 01 being locked.
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

KuroiHikari wrote:I don't think we need edit rights on everyone with some sort of rank.
I think mainly the admins, mods, senior tl, senior edit ranks(? just a suggestion).
(of course, this would mean we would need more actual mods)
We can keep the approval of post rights the same, it's been working out fine so far.
Start a poll on this in the admin forums and give it one/two weeks. If it passes I can change that setting myself.
KuroiHikari wrote: Edit:
Oh ya, can either forum 01 not be Cognitive Dissonance Zone, or global threads not fall back to forum 01?
All global threads accessed from like "new post" appear locked due to forum 01 being locked.
Not sure if I'm able to do that. I'll look, but I can't really promise anything.
dalek
Kyon's Imouto-Chan
Favourite Light Novel: Date A Live :)
...but since it's down, I'm in limbo...
so it's going to be ZnT if it's still up.

Post by dalek »

More themes for users (I and other Baka-users notice this)
Spoiler! :
RoR account:s04
XDA account:i747m
BT username:dalek
Open the spoiler, it is the box...
Spoiler! :
Watch it all and you are a box god.
...open the box, my friend...

Return to “General Help”