Can we get a update on the progress on the Volume 4 trans

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

GrimaH
Astral Realm

Post by GrimaH »

Someone could send me the Chinese novel via email or something. I got a distinction for both Chinese and English. 8)
XkaOnslaught
Astral Realm

Post by XkaOnslaught »

how we all wish we have Yuki's powers of translation :D

in anycase, i am indulging myself in Ouran High School while i wait for the novel to be translated.

long live the translators! :lol:
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

GrimaH wrote:Someone could send me the Chinese novel via email or something. I got a distinction for both Chinese and English. 8)
Then by all means, go to the general discussion forum and volunteer your services! More translators means more Haruhi to read!!
myopius
Astral Realm

Post by myopius »

Aye, you guys really win... I've been loving these recent chapters. It's like there were many sections being worked on at once, and they all finished around the same time so I read Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody, Endless Eight, the Sighs, and the start of the Disappearance all at once (and now I will just be reading increment by increment as you guys add more). hi5 :)
the_naming_game
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by the_naming_game »

Guest wrote:I have the Chinese novel :)

Unfortunately, My Chinese is terrible, to say the least. I asked my mom(the only one in the family who is any proficient in Chinese) to translate, but she refused to. :(
I just thought that was amusing for some reason :) ... trying to get your mom to translate Haruhi. One look at some of the covers/illustrations, and she'd probably be going "what the hell is my son/daughter reading?"

Seriously though, you should study Chinese and get your mom to help with that. (harder, but more rewarding later.) I'm sure she'd be happy to. Just don't tell her what you'll be using it for...
Baka-Tsuki, suki! Yuki, suki!
R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Post by R~S »

I wish I could help too, but I don't speak any asian lenguage >_> (what the use of speaking english, french & spanish?)

Anyway, thanks for updating again :D (chap 2 is up to 90%, yay!)
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

CH2 done!!
Spoiler! :
I can't believe that haruhi's back in chapter 3 >_> it's so great!
I can't wait for the next update for chapter 3...
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Well... From my (extremely) limited knowledge of Chinese, here's what happened right after the cliffhanger... You can take this with a grain of salt, though.
Spoiler! :
After the declaration, she immediately dashed out of the coffee shop. She did not even wait for the automatic door to fully open.

Still, this is just like Haruhi. Seeing her like this makes me feel relived.

Haruhi, that's just like you. You were always like this. Once you thought of doing something, all you need is two seconds before you spring into action. That's you. Every time you kick the Literary club's door open, we know that you have something you want to tell the whole world.

Nagato, on the other hand, is less exciteable...

"Oh no!"

I looked at my watch. Class is over. I completely forgot about my appointment with Nagato. I promised to go to the Literay's club room right after dismissal, but I am late. My mind is filled with images of Nagato looking worried, wondering why I had no shown up yet. Please wait a little while longer. I will go there as soon as I can.

Koizumi picked up the bill Haruhi left behind.

"Are you okay with me only footing for Suzumiya-san?"

If you actually agreed to pay for me, I would tell you.

"Wow, my wish has been fulfilled"

I will throw everything you had said to me before right back at you. In simple terms, I will tell you about how you would willingly follow and entertain your goddess Haruhi at the cost of your own freedom.

I immediately asked him a question upon seeing his thoughtful expression.

"Is Haruhi the mastermind? Or is someone else pulling the strings? What do you think?"

"If what you said about Suzumiya-san's godlike power is true, I would think she is the culprit."

I could think of no other culprits too. But if this is true, why did Haruhi only leave Koizumi on her side, and threw me, Nagato and Asahina-san away? I doubt her relationship with Koizumi is anything special. Is this another one of Haruhi's power?

"If that is true, should I feel honored?"

Koizumi, while smiling, continued...

"If I can...Yes, I like Suzumiya-san"

"Are you telling the truth?"

Please be joking.

"I think she is a very interesting preson."

Where did I hear the phrase before?
Sorry for ending it prematurely...
Astral Realm

bravo!!!

Post by guest »

thanks alot mate...
hope it didnt take too much of your time & effort...if not post more :lol: pretty please :cry:

oh well :arrow:

I hope there will be more, as of now I ate my nails to the skin and soon to the bone, damn i want more.
THANK YOU TRANSLATOR YOU ROCK

(ch3 - 50% now...)
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

no please, dont' translate the Chinese version. That will garble the author's original intent. I don't like Japanese to Chinese to English translation. Like I said before a lot of meaning can be lost when crossing translations.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Once again bro, don't bump old threads or reply to things already answered (the chinese translated part is already released). Also, the translations being done at the moment are partly from the chinese, and japanese novels. Translating from 2 different versions of the novel does indeed jarble up the words a bit. However, it speeds up the proccess of translation of the series, as well still being able to send out the message written by the author; it just uses different words.
XkaOnslaught
Astral Realm

Post by XkaOnslaught »

lol... time of posts...
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Spoiler! :
I stretched out my finger and hit the "Enter" key.
Boy, Kinny, you're really milking this one for all it's worth.
XkaOnslaught
Astral Realm

Post by XkaOnslaught »

i would have expected no less of such thing LOL.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

i'm so sorry for bumpign old threads. I'm just bored lol.

Mod Edit: Then don't bump if you have nothing to say. You have been warned.

Return to “Volume 4 - The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第四巻: 涼宮ハルヒの消失”