Can we get a update on the progress on the Volume 4 trans

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Guest lol
Astral Realm

Can we get a update on the progress on the Volume 4 trans

Post by Guest lol »

I'm really eager about what happens after 25% and I really want to see what happens >_> Can you give us a progress update? Just tell us how far you are or something... please!
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

Crosslinked here.

The other post is quite similar to this one. Please don't double post.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Hello, I have been actively following this translation and whoring the link out to all my friends.

Because the DVDs in english cannot be purchased yet, and the fansubs are hard for people to come by who are wary of bittorrent and MiRC, this was an acceptable alternative.

I also found that I enjoyed the novels more than the anime!

There's no way that I can actively contribute, I know very little to no written Japanese .... but I wanted to tell the translators working on Volume 4 that I check every day for an update.

I can't wait for Chapter 2 to be completed.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

[quote="Anonymous"]Hello, I have been actively following this translation and whoring the link out to all my friends.

Because the DVDs in english cannot be purchased yet, and the fansubs are hard for people to come by who are wary of bittorrent and MiRC, this was an acceptable alternative.

I also found that I enjoyed the novels more than the anime!

There's no way that I can actively contribute, I know very little to no written Japanese .... but I wanted to tell the translators working on Volume 4 that I check every day for an update.

That said ...

Please update quickly!!
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Yay for guest people! Yeah I also check the page every day... infact 4+ times a day >_> I really want that chapter completed. That cliff hanger is so... ... gah! Please finish! <_<
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

(;_;)

Thanks for asking us to hurry up.

It certainly makes the translators feel loved.

"tries to stop the translator from leaving"

NooooOOoooOoo!!

They didn't mean it!!!.....*sob*
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
AzureThunder
Astral Realm

Post by AzureThunder »

Don't worry, I still love the translators. I mean, where would we be without you? You just... *twitch* take as much time *twitch* as you need*twitch*.

Note: The twitches were just jokes, even though they are partly true about eagerly waiting for updates.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

I seriously am twitching in anticipation... I'd help translate but I don't know any chinese (even though I'm chinese lol), and I'm just beginning to learn Japanese >_>

I still love you translators though, I'm just geting a little impatient ._.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Well you be glad to hear, that other translators are feeling the same, so if you wait a little long hopefully things will be right back on track.

Just remember to keep showing your love to them, or they might decide to walk away.

everyone needs to know they are loved.

Even me....welll sometimes... :roll:

:P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
ButtercupSaiyan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ButtercupSaiyan »

Isn't it showing them love to say we check the page every day for their work? >D

Seriously, great job on the translation, guys. I really felt it some places, that it was very accurate. Especially compared to some (poorly) translated fan subs, the novels were a lot better in terms of grammar and sentence composition ...

Compared to Kyon's spoken monologues in the anime ...
Sirren
Astral Realm

Post by Sirren »

Well hell, I'm freakin' glad there are people out there that'll translate stuff for us less fortunate ones. I'm learning japanese, but at my rate, it'll be another year before I can successfully read through whole bodies of text...

So, thanks a lot BakaTsuki people. And I hope you finish the next update soon. Cliff hangers are evil... -_-'
ansaris Guest
Astral Realm

Post by ansaris Guest »

Edit by admin: While your effort to stand up for the translator's hard work is appreciated, there's no need to resort to harsh language to tell off those that demand more. It's possible to achieve a more desired effect with more polite language, you know.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

ButtercupSaiyan wrote:Isn't it showing them love to say we check the page every day for their work? >D
That infrequently? :)
ButtercupSaiyan
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ButtercupSaiyan »

Ahhh! Chapter One was great, I finally sat down to read it.... now I need to know what happens. o.o;;

I guess everyone else had already starting reading, but I usually wait for 100% translation ...

Who's working on Chapter 1? Kudos to them for speed ....
Sirren
Astral Realm

Post by Sirren »

X_X

This is like torture. Chapter 2 is 70% done, but it's been like that for three days straight. What's with the hold up, guys? Are you planning on somehow finishing it all together in one mass update? Or have you been running out of free time or something? In anycase, I hope you finish. Thanks for the effort, we'd be hopeless without you.

Return to “Volume 4 - The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第四巻: 涼宮ハルヒの消失”