October 11th update!

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

The_Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by The_Rectifier »

BTW I like Onslaught's sig, good ol' haruhi going out with a bang. :lol:
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

But the thing is guest, when you see something that says
Spoiler! :
Spoiler
You should automaticly know that this is a spoiler, if it's a hint, maybe I should also put a spoiler on it for people who hasn't yet completed the volume. But the thing is guest, it says <<<SPOILER>>>
bicube
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by bicube »

Nuts, I don't think you can double or triple spoiler these things, or I can't anyways... Oh well, for those who instinctively open spoilers (like me :P), try to hold back unless you truly want to be spoilerfied.
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

muahahhaha, I was a second away from clicking on the spoiler when I decided, "Naw, I'll just wait and read the book." Little did I know a page of frustration was to follow my lucky decision.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

Why cant I double or triple spoiler these things? For example

DO NOT LOOK IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET THE PLOT ALL SPILLED OUT
=<SPOILER><SPOILER><SPOILER><SPOILER><SPOILER><SPOILER>=
Spoiler! :
The data integration thing wants to delete Yuki for acting on her own, but Kyon stops him by threatening to explain all these weird occurances to Haruhi
=<SPOILER><SPOILER><SPOILER><SPOILER><SPOILER><SPOILER>=

Note: That thing is a spoiler a also big spoiler so don't look at it :)
SomeDude
Astral Realm

Post by SomeDude »

Nice.... Anyways, I don't think spoilers are a bad thing (not unless you actually give out the entire thing like details and stuff). So what if I read them and I'm not piss or mad like the others are, I'm rather glad so that I don't have like worry much about what might happen next and wait a week to read it.
XkaOnslaught
Astral Realm

Post by XkaOnslaught »

as long as Guest lol's spoilers have warnings, i dont mind, and since i pretty much forget what i read a few minutes later, i really don't care :D
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Why do you keep posting spoilers anyway? No one, except the translaters and those who own the books, have read past the translated part. It's not like you're discussing the book with anyone. You're just annoying the other readers who are paitently awaiting each installment. If you aren't going to have a real discussion about the book, then plrease stop it.

Make a thread if you want to talk about it. Put proper tags on it, so someone who does want to know the end yet doesn't click on it. (btw quoting causes the spoiler tag to be revealed)

But the thing is guest, when you see something that says
[-spoiler tag-]

You should automaticly know that this is a spoiler, if it's a hint, maybe I should also put a spoiler on it for people who hasn't yet completed the volume. But the thing is guest, it says <<<SPOILER>>>
Was answered:
No one expects a spoiler for non-translated stuff to be posted. We all thought "Hey maybe you caught a translated hint we might have missed!"

My question to you is: Are you just doing this to be rude? If so, then 4chan is that way ->
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

I'm not doing it to be rude, I'm just bored. My question to you is: why are you so compelled to click on the spoiler tag? It says spoiler on it.

I believe that as long as I have a spoiler tag, it's okay to post spoilers because you are warned before hand by the large spoiler tag.
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

No point in criticising Guest lol, he put it in spoiler tags. We were the morons unable to resist clicking.

I look upon this whole experience as a salutory lesson. We must resist spoiler tags. We must resist!

But in our defence, most times when you click on a spoiler tag you don't expect to find a one sentence summary that gives away the entire book/movie. Normally we learn things like Lorelai Gilmore will sleep with Christopher and break up with Luke. We don't expect to find out that Bruce Willis was actually a ghost, or that Kevin Spacey was Keyser Söze.

So we've learnt our lesson. We must not become complacent about spoilers.
The_Rectifier
Astral Realm

Post by The_Rectifier »

Its human nature to try the "forbidden fruit" so to speak, so just ignore your animalistic curiosity and you should be fine. :roll:
ratslayer
Astral Realm

Post by ratslayer »

yeah, that is true, as long as there is a warning is the respoonsability of the person to follow it or ignore it, of course that person has to be prepared for the consecuences if he ignore the warning
Astral Realm

Please!

Post by Guest »

Please! For the love of all that's holy, update as frequently as you can! I'm not complaining, I'm BEGGING YOU!!! Huhuhuhu! :cry:
Mr.Pringles
Astral Realm

Re: Please!

Post by Mr.Pringles »

Anonymous wrote:Please! For the love of all that's holy, update as frequently as you can! I'm not complaining, I'm BEGGING YOU!!! Huhuhuhu! :cry:
Get a hold of yourself xD. Volume 4's translation is going pretty fast! Just avoid any spoiler tags u might find and u'll be fine! :lol:

Too bad that I'm too curious to repress my instincts :oops:
xenafax
Astral Realm

Post by xenafax »

Anonymous wrote:
Guest lol wrote:Hahaha! Feel my spoilerness wrath! Rawr rawr rawr rawr! But cube, you ruined the theory that I was going around lying, lol. Now people can't believe that I was lying xD
Then don't post spoilers. You hated it when someone spoiled part of the book for you. Think of how you felt when it happened to you.

No one expects a spoiler for non-translated stuff to be posted. We all thought "Hey maybe you caught a translated hint we might have missed!"
I agree with this,you should write some extra warnings to tell people you're going to post non-translated stuff.I have read all other spoiler tags when I finish the translated parts about that thread-and guess what:no one has ever did something like that.We should be more thoughtful of each other and i don't think being bored is an excuse to spoil other peoples fun.

As short:if anybody is going to spoil non-translated parts,warn people that you're going to write them.Putting a spoiler tag is generally used within the limits of traslated parts,so people who don't expect non-translated parts could be VERY sorry(including myself) when they lose something that they care about.
Last edited by xenafax on Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Volume 4 - The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第四巻: 涼宮ハルヒの消失”