13/11 update :D

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

XkaOnslaught
Astral Realm

13/11 update :D

Post by XkaOnslaught »

woot 67%
ShApEsHiFt3r
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by ShApEsHiFt3r »

*cough* 84 % *cough*
;)

Well we can finally see the end of the tunnel xD
I feel kinda sad it's gonna end though :?
Kamera
Astral Realm

Post by Kamera »

I started reading the translations as this was being started and was instantly attracted to the ideas and possibilities. This is probably the best individual story after 'Melancholy', less funny than 'Sighs' but with far more of a gripping storyline. There were enough clues to point at Nagato as the culprit without making it totally obvious. However we still have chaper six and an Epilogue to go so Asakura may have a chance to add a further twist since the behaviour of her changed character was very enigmatic.

Since this is one of my first posts I would like to say a big thank-you to the translators who have given me so many hours of pleasure in translating this series (plus Tanigawa Naguru of course).
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

whoohoo! SO GOOD WANT MORE! But can someone explain this phrase?

"The erroneous files accumulated in my memory database will trigger an anomalous reaction."

What does erroneous mean?
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Extra, excess, superfluous.
rilian
Astral Realm

Post by rilian »

no it doesn't actually, it means something that contains error(s). I believe that is the only definition of the word, but I could be wrong, but judging by the sentence that is indeed what it means, incorrect data causing an unexpected reaction
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

Yes, erroneous means in error or mistaken.

Moving on, I certainly believe that this is the best volume so far, but there was one line in that chapter that REALLY BUGGED ME.
Kyon wrote:"I'm sorry, Nagato. I don't like the present you, I prefer the Nagato from before. Besides, I like you better without glasses"
OK, so he preferred things the way they were. Fine. He preferred the original Nagato. Fair enough. But then to go on and say that HE doesn't like HER? He doesn't like this gorgeous creature who seemed absolutely besotted with him? Who changed the entire world for him?

It seems churlish to even mention it, don't you think? What a jerk.
Tonberry50
Astral Realm

Post by Tonberry50 »

you think hes a jerk ? actually the way i think of him improved this whole vol and i tough of him to be very understanding of nagato intentions and its his taste ultimately wich made him say those things i dont think hes a jerk tough he sounds picky
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

cotton wrote:Yes, erroneous means in error or mistaken.

Moving on, I certainly believe that this is the best volume so far, but there was one line in that chapter that REALLY BUGGED ME.
Kyon wrote:"I'm sorry, Nagato. I don't like the present you, I prefer the Nagato from before. Besides, I like you better without glasses"
OK, so he preferred things the way they were. Fine. He preferred the original Nagato. Fair enough. But then to go on and say that HE doesn't like HER? He doesn't like this gorgeous creature who seemed absolutely besotted with him? Who changed the entire world for him?

It seems churlish to even mention it, don't you think? What a jerk.
Maybe I've quoted Kyon out of context, because Kyon didn't sound that mean at all in the Chinese text. I guess one can say "I don't like something/someone" in Chinese/Japanese without sounding mean at all, I'm still trying to find a similar tone phrase in English.

Return to “Volume 4 - The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第四巻: 涼宮ハルヒの消失”