Chapter 6 Discussion

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Chapter 6 Discussion

Post by onizuka-gto »

Moved from the Chapter 06 talk page.
More Cliffhangers? Um..... I know! The Girl who stopped the blade is the green haired girl, the guy talking is yet another version of Kyon, and... um.... ok I'm confused... --[[User:Zonis|Zonis]] 10:17, 14 November 2006 (PST)
:The green-haired girl? WTF? Loli-Mikuru obviously brought alien-Nagato (who stopped the blade) and future-Kyon to help... I think. [[User:72.64.45.199|72.64.45.199]] 10:45, 14 November 2006 (PST)
::Ah, that makes more sense. (The girl I was refering to was the "computer club president's girlfriend"). Still. Paradoxes within Paradoxes within Paradoxes.
:::I knew who you were referring too, just not why it would be her. [[User:72.64.45.199|72.64.45.199]] 12:44, 14 November 2006 (PST)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Right. where did you get green hair?
wedgejaeger
Astral Realm

Post by wedgejaeger »

pretty much anyone could stop this knife, its swiss army, not a machete.

why didn't nagato just give him a sniper rifle, then this wouldn't have happened
Bebop
Astral Realm

Post by Bebop »

One of my arms was placed outside the blanket. On top hung a bag with some fluid injected into it. -this doesnt make any sense.

The bag is where exactly, on top of what?
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

On top of the bed, presumably.

=Smidge=
Bebop
Astral Realm

Post by Bebop »

I should be more specific. I know what it should look like but the second sentence doesn't seem to have anything to do with the first since fluid is being injected into the bag.
How about
One of my arms was placed outside the blanket with a needle sticking in it attached to one of those (not sure what to put here).
Kinny Riddle
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kinny Riddle »

I dunno what to call those bags in English, I think the liquid's called saline-solution or something like that, but I'm not sure. Would be grateful if someone can edit it with a more appropriate term.
Smidge204
Astral Realm

Post by Smidge204 »

Considering he's been in a coma for three days, I doubt he's on saline. (Saline is usually used as an emergency treatment for blood loss, since it quickly adds fluids to the body to the heart has something to pump) It's probably what they call a "banana bag" - a multivitamin and dextrose solution to replace real food.

I think "IV drip bag" would be a sufficient description here, though.
=Smidge=
Umiman
Line Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Umiman »

That's half right and half wrong.

Saline is part of the concentration in which IV drip bags deliver the nutrient mix.
Normal saline is typically the first fluid used when dehydration is severe enough to threaten the adequacy of blood circulation and is the safest fluid to give quickly in large volumes.
Which is usually within the 2nd day, depending on medical practitioner.

Also worth noting is that most hospital staff refer to IV as saline.
...Tg...g.g........... And Kol Ravensabbey cried,
..g...B...g........@.. "In Armok's name!!!!"
T...T..B..g........... And there was bloodshed.

Return to “Volume 4 - The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第四巻: 涼宮ハルヒの消失”