And so, another excellent volume comes to a close.

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

I'm in Arizona which has its own special timezone rules for some reason. We don't do DST. :shock: When everyone else jumps back and forth an hour every year, we don't. I find it a bit odd that were the only ones who do that, or rather don't do that. :?
ellimist
Astral Realm

Post by ellimist »

haha...you've guessed right, Garstansinilliam. i'm fascinated by this story largely due to de time theories explored so far, etc. :D
thanks for de info, HolyCow...it's a real pity, though - i still can't wait! :P
but seriously, i really take my hats off to all translators out there, tirelessly translating all de mangas and bringing these stories to us :D
Garstansinilliam
Astral Realm

Post by Garstansinilliam »

ellimist wrote:haha...you've guessed right, Garstansinilliam. i'm fascinated by this story largely due to de time theories explored so far, etc. :D
thanks for de info, HolyCow...it's a real pity, though - i still can't wait! :P
but seriously, i really take my hats off to all translators out there, tirelessly translating all de mangas and bringing these stories to us :D
Seconded!
Anyway, there are much worse things to be addicted to. Like Crack, or football or something.
ellimist
Astral Realm

Post by ellimist »

Lol...not football, lah (note: this is a singaporean term) - unless you count in the betting part :P now i can't wait for chapter 4 & 5 to be completed, hopefully there'll be another DOUBLE RELEASE (hint, hint.) XD
megafan999
Astral Realm

Post by megafan999 »

I just finished reading this volume and I have to say, it was great, my favorite so far, specially because of Nagato :P
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

lol This Yuki is mine, too!

I have to agree, this was really my favorite volume. It absolutle HAS to be animated.
HAL9000
Astral Realm

Post by HAL9000 »

This one wasn't just my favorite volume, it stands out as one of the better sci-fi stories I've read. I can't imagine that it won't be animated.

To sweeten the pot, I've found that the production quality of the first Haruhi season enhanced my enjoyment of the stories, compared to their prose incarnations. To imagine Disapearance improving in quality as it transitions to motion... ah, my mind can barely process it.
quigonkenny
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by quigonkenny »

HAL9000 wrote:This one wasn't just my favorite volume, it stands out as one of the better sci-fi stories I've read. I can't imagine that it won't be animated.

To sweeten the pot, I've found that the production quality of the first Haruhi season enhanced my enjoyment of the stories, compared to their prose incarnations. To imagine Disapearance improving in quality as it transitions to motion... ah, my mind can barely process it.
And the real scary thing is, 10 could be even better. ^_^

You're definitely right about the joyous anticipation toward 4 being animated. The way Tanigawa writes Haruhi—from the setting, to the pacing, to the various literary shortcuts and plot devices—is tailor-made for export to a visual medium. The fact that it's being animated by one of the most detail-oriented and artistically talented studios in the world is icing on the cake.

We'll see it before too long. The general consensus, due both to the promotion we've seen (particularly the live action BLR) and plain old common sense, is that 4 will be animated next, either as the anchor of the next season, or sharing that responsibility with 7. My only hope is that KyoAni's been taking so long getting to it because they want to set everything up perfectly for it.
Kaisos Erranon
Astral Realm

Post by Kaisos Erranon »

quigonkenny wrote:
HAL9000 wrote:This one wasn't just my favorite volume, it stands out as one of the better sci-fi stories I've read. I can't imagine that it won't be animated.

And the real scary thing is, 10 could be even better. ^_^

You're definitely right about the joyous anticipation toward 4 being animated. The way Tanigawa writes Haruhi—from the setting, to the pacing, to the various literary shortcuts and plot devices—is tailor-made for export to a visual medium. The fact that it's being animated by one of the most detail-oriented and artistically talented studios in the world is icing on the cake.

We'll see it before too long. The general consensus, due both to the promotion we've seen (particularly the live action BLR) and plain old common sense, is that 4 will be animated next, either as the anchor of the next season, or sharing that responsibility with 7. My only hope is that KyoAni's been taking so long getting to it because they want to set everything up perfectly for it.
I, too, cannot wait to see this animated.

We have to wait until March at the least, however...

Return to “Volume 4 - The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第四巻: 涼宮ハルヒの消失”