And so, another excellent volume comes to a close.

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Guest lol
Astral Realm

And so, another excellent volume comes to a close.

Post by Guest lol »

Well, looks like that's the end of Volume 4.. I had so much fun reading this excellent volume. But, the ending kind of leaves something to be desired... Although Haruhi showed lots of emotion towards Kyon before he woke up, she still hides away everything in front of him. It also closed a bit abruptly. But all in all, excellent volume! and great job Kinny, we really appreciate your hard work!
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

I sort of like these types where it sets you up for the next volume. Makes me want the next volumes even more.

Thanks for all your work translating it, Kinny. :wink:
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Outstanding work.... but please don't forget the author's notes!
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Yes I think this was my favorite volume. Great ending. Now I can't wait for volume 6 and 5 to be complete. Uh I'm going to feel so sad when I finish reading all 7 volumes. I hope there is nothing left to be desired. I'll be pulling my hair out if that happenes.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

Haiyami wrote:Yes I think this was my favorite volume. Great ending. Now I can't wait for volume 6 and 5 to be complete. Uh I'm going to feel so sad when I finish reading all 7 volumes. I hope there is nothing left to be desired. I'll be pulling my hair out if that happenes.
I thought it was still going on? I don't think volume 7 is the end anway.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

There's 8 volumes.. and 9 is being released some time soon.
shiratoriryuuko
Astral Realm

Post by shiratoriryuuko »

I greatly enjoy Disappearance. The sections are well done by Kinny Riddle and the results are beautiful. I come out loving Suzumiya Haruhi as a character moreso than ever actually. Once again, congrats for volume 4!

Rampage only has snow mountain, which I will slave to get it done. I will steal the idea of using italic for Kyon's phrases to himself though since that is definitely worthwhile. If if's not too much trouble, I would like to somehow get on to 'where'd the cat go' right after Snow Mt., before Christmas to conclude the Winter serenade of the SOS Brigade. (don't think I can get around to LOVER rightaway, althought isn't someone stepping up to that? I know of certain someone that adores Aeon or great goddess Nagato off the bat... eh?)
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

Aeon?
foxfire79
Astral Realm

Post by foxfire79 »

Great work, you guys :)

I can't wait for the next ones now!!

:)
SubordinateFive
Astral Realm

Post by SubordinateFive »

It's been a long wait. I prefer to read each volume all at once, not in bits and pieces. So last night I read volume 4 all at once. Wai! And it looks like volume 5 is almost complete as well. I can hardly wait!
Reader
Astral Realm

Post by Reader »

I wonder how many books there will be. Ten is my guess.
ellimist
Astral Realm

just a comment..

Post by ellimist »

Hey everyone! =)

I'm very new here, been caught up with de anime series so far and only just discovered that there's so much more to the story (at last, Lol), so yeah, feeling really fortunate to find this wonderful website :D

Anyway, I can't help myself from wanting to add this: Does anyone feel that Yuki likes Kyon? I believe that this volume strongly suggests that. Anyone has any comments on this? Haha...sorry for reviving such an 'old' topic. Then again, Yuki's my fav :wink:

Oh, and many, many thanks to all de translators that's been working really hard to 'minimise loss/misintepretion of data through the appropriate channel of transmission' :D For bringing to us this little window of escape from this otherwise ordinary and mundane world...thanks a lot, guys!!! (And, not forgetting, the brilliant person who conjured up this website in the first place :) )
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

I believe that Yuki feels quite strongly towards Kyon, even though she has trouble expressing it at all. Besides, Kyon's the only person she'll ever listen to lol. In the anime, they used the Rainy Day episode (which was written by the author of the novel) to show what the SOS Dan does on a normal day. But in the end, Yuki puts her cardigan over Kyon so he doesn't get cold. I guess the purpose of that episode is to imply that Yuki and Haruhi like Kyon.
Dan
Square Mage

Post by Dan »

I definetly think she likes Kyon. She just doesn't seem to know how to express it. I don't remember any other anime right now that had a emotionless girl trying to get a guy. The closest person I can think of is Mikoto from Love Hina, and even she was really a shy girl at her core. I just don't have anyone to compare her actions to, so it's difficult for me to tell where she is protecting Kyon and where she is being kind to him.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

how do you know it was Yuki that put hte coat over him? It could have been Haruhi.

Return to “Volume 4 - The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第四巻: 涼宮ハルヒの消失”