Alternate Asakura question

Discuss topics concerning this volume

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

shaula
Astral Realm

Alternate Asakura question

Post by shaula »

The nature of this topic is a spoiler in itself, so I'm not sure how to present it (I'm a newbie) but I'll do my best:
Spoiler! :
When Asakura attacks Kyon, it is after Nagato has already turned the world into one where everyone is normal--no aliens, espers, time travelers. (Of course the bushes nearby seem to be full of time travelers at least, but they are from a different time stream so I guess they don't count.) The important thing is at that point in the story, Nagato is a normal human girl, Haruhi is normal, etc...and I presume Asakura should be normal as well. However, she acts just like the "alien" version of herself doing all sorts of non-normal things like tailing Nagato late at night (and Nagato is not even in her class at school) and enthusiastically trying to kill Kyon with a weapon.

So my question is, how can she be the alien version of herself in the "normal" world that Nagato created? Did Nagato recreate her as a psycho? Is she still an alien that slid into Nagoto's recreated world? What's going on?
Hmm. I guess the whole question is a spoiler. Sorry about that. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

PS. You translators/editors/coordinators Rock! Thanks for your efforts.
Dan
Square Mage
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Dan »

I wondered anout that myself.
Spoiler! :
I suppose since Haruhi no longer has her powers, Yuki thought Kyon would be safe with Asukura in that world. It looks like Yuki needed to be taken care of anyway, and the easiest way to do that is add Asakura back to the world.
typhonsentra
Astral Realm

Post by typhonsentra »

Asakura in that world was a guardian for Nagato.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

taht really doesn't explain much though. Alien guardian or was asakura just someone in that world who was really deviout to the new yuki (aka like one of those secret admirers or the like).

The logic is so messed up. Also that incident totally messes p the space time continum.
Spoiler! :
Since Kyon in teh world with no espers aliens or time travelers existed was stabbed and had no way to finish the job, there should be no way for the later kyon or the restored Yuki to intervine and save kyon. They shouldn't. The only possible way would be if it were a past self of kyon and Yuki before Kyon got stuck in the December 18th where Haruhi dissapeared.
Lupus
Astral Realm

Post by Lupus »

My theory when I read it, was that although Yuki wanted to leave the choice to Kyon, she still wanted the 'normal' world, so she inserted a safe-guard against any future possibility of interference in the form of Asakura, who will kill anyone who tries to change the world back to the way it was.

She picked Asakura because Asakura was originally meant to back her up anyway. And now she's finally doing her job properly.
Haiyami
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Haiyami »

yes but waht can we say about the other kyon saving the kyon who got stabbed.

The moment he got stabbed that should have kept a future version of kyon from coming to save him, this also includes the restored Yuki.

My only theory to this is that when kyon got stabbed a past version of him and yuki before the changes took place on december 18h came to save him.

Since the world was changed on december 18th the future where the alien yuki and regular did not exist. In other words. A past version of kyon had to have saved him.
Guest lol
Astral Realm

Post by Guest lol »

I think Yuki predicted that in the case that Kyon will revert the world back, a alternate version of herself will also be there to assist him. After all, if he needs help why not just travel back in time to assist him?

Return to “Volume 4 - The Disappearance of Suzumiya Haruhi / 第四巻: 涼宮ハルヒの消失”