Tag for deletion?

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Nandeyanen
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Tag for deletion?

Post by Nandeyanen »

I think we might eventually need to come up with a way for users to tag pages that need to be deleted. It'll make it a bit easier for users (and admins too) to clear away unwanted (spam or personal subpages), unneeded (merged or duplicate pages), or outdated pages. I was thinking that it might be a good idea to adapt the same type of system that Wikipedia uses (see here and here).

Basically, users tag the page, state the reason why they believe it merits deletion (if necessary), tag it accordingly, and then link it to a "deletion page" relating to the reason (ex. deletion because - user request, vandalism, or a different reason) so that admins can view the requests for deletion quickly, just by looking over what is currently linking to the deletion pages.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

That is a good idea, however as i have mentioned before, I do not have access to the wiki root directories, but if you think it is a good idea please e-mail thelastguardian and hopefully they will be noticed.

As for spammers, the only viable way at the moment is for users to tag spammers with the edit summary, as i regulary patrol the recent change page thus able to spot and block them immediately.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”