Wiki Project Reorganization

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Wiki Project Reorganization

Post by Rajikai »

Incomplete would be one that is currently translating but not caught up, Ongoing mean it's complete, and waiting for the next volume released by the author.
1,550/3,400
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Rajikai wrote:
Rajikai wrote:Wasn't there already a topic about this called sidebar? But I'll play along

New sidebar
Spoiler! :
Project Presentation
Recent changes
Alt. Languages
Project List
Teaser Projects
Pending Projects
Categories
>Network
>Original Light Novels
>Incomplete Light Novels
>Caught-Up Light Novels
>Completed Light Novels
>Dropped Light Novels
>Visual Novels
>Google AdSense
>Toolbox
Just a suggestion
Here a quote from something I already said... Hope it is good ><
I believe "Caught-Up" or a phrase similar would serve a better purpose than "Ongoing", as that is quite ambiguous, as Kadi questioned it.
The others are certainly good.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
stellarroze
Senior Project Translator

Post by stellarroze »

I'm guessing "incomplete" means the translations have caught up to the volume releases and "ongoing" means it hasn't. Or maybe it's the other way around. :)
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

stellarroze wrote:I'm guessing "incomplete" means the translations have caught up to the volume releases and "ongoing" means it hasn't. Or maybe it's the other way around. :)
Yep, it's the other way around. But incomplete could also mean that the series is not complete yet. I could go with pending, but that could also mean that it's pending approval. I could chose In progress. But it feels wrong...
Maybe someone could come up with a better one...
1,550/3,400
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Kadi wrote:In my opinion, we have too many "true projects". There are more than 50 of them. If I say that the list of light novels in the sidebar spans 2.5 screens on my laptop, you should agree that it's too much, right? So I suggest we do something about them, just like we moved the abandoned projects from the list. In particular, I'm thinking about:
  • moving actual teasers back to the teaser section. This is inspired by the recent promotion of Asura Cryin, with 3 or 4 chapters translated, but no active translator in sight, apparently. Honestly, how did it even get promoted without a translator? I believe there are similar "projects" which should all be moved back in my opinion. Maybe the rules governing the promotion should be made harsher, like "1 chapter completed, completion of 1 Volume foreseeable; if it fails, it's back to teaser".

-------------That's for BT Propanganda. Basically, it means "Hey guys, look how many projects there are, get interested and translate for us!" :lol: Also, to have 3 chapters is more a stalled project than a teaser.
  • moving the finished projects to their own section in the sidebar. Maybe throw in the "caught up" projects like Index as well.

-------------Agreed. Maybe harder to think for Index, but at least put One-shots and and Toradora in there. (BTW, I always wanted to see Index seperated from Index NT to make the project page smaller. :lol:
  • moving the inactive/dead projects / projects with no translator to their own section in the sidebar, or remove them and hide them in a category like the teaser projects. This keeps the section that's currently just called "light novels" fresh and interesting since there'll only be active projects with frequent updates left.
-------------No, since translators like me can start translating dead projects on a whimp. Or others could just decide. Oh, I wanna start translating causing Oni to change the sidebar regularily. What I'd prefer would be that translators could edit the main page to post the updates.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

We once had in the sidebar a link to the stalled projects...
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”