Internet file host crisis; Baka-Tsuki's future?

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Internet file host crisis; Baka-Tsuki's future?

Post by Mystes »

The title pretty says it all.

Should we tighten our rules in the light of recent events? In my opinion, we should be more careful. Anyone got recommandations?

Here are mine:
1. Move the PDFs directly linked in the wiki to a special thread of this in some section here. I know perfectly that there wouldn't be any difference, but still...it'd look slightly better.
2. Stop talking about RAWs, and if we do, use "Japanese version" instead when talking about the translation, in case the text is downloaded. More "politically correct".
3. Check for the alt. Languages licences. There are some content that should be removed right now.
4. Avoiding citing websites such as jCafe, which has some materials, you know...
5. Be careful.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Internet file host crisis; Baka-Tsuki's future?

Post by hobogunner »

I certainly agree with the sentiment, but we do most things through mediafire, and if need be, we could start a blog/wordpress that purely hosts our .pdfs (though it would be a pain.)

As for "original text versions", if anyone links to them here or on the FB, please delete them. (or tell me on the FB, I don't go through the FB every day, I honestly can't. I'm sure there are some things that slip by me.)

The alt lang licenses will most likely require some digging, which will take some time to get around to.

That 'Be Careful' part is 100% true, don't get caught with your pants down.

At least, if you do, don't stop, that just makes it weird. :roll:

(Should this not be in admin forum-land?)
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
carj
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by carj »

there's a "original text version" topic in ZnT forum so some1 delete it

also about the PDFs on the wiki, they already have a topic here, most of them, and well.....the idea of putting (in the wiki) a link to the forums failed.....people still asked where they could get them, to the point where teh_ping finally gave up and let me put the PDF links in TAMnI wiki xD
rock96
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by rock96 »

No blog, please. My provider for some reasons blocks blogpost, blogger and wordpress -_-
Kadi - hero we don't deserve.
Honorable mention for moderating and translating Campione, editing Gekkou and Hakomari.
O White Knight standing sadly amidst hordes of filthy plebs, return to us, please.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

carj wrote:there's a "original text version" topic in ZnT forum so some1 delete it

also about the PDFs on the wiki, they already have a topic here, most of them, and well.....the idea of putting (in the wiki) a link to the forums failed.....people still asked where they could get them, to the point where teh_ping finally gave up and let me put the PDF links in TAMnI wiki xD
I mean like, a single thread with all PDFs for all projects.

(BTW, Carj, keep a backup of these PDFs...you never know what Mediafire could think it is...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

ugh.....when i get a new hard drive ill download everything im seriously in need of space

also to do a single therad i would like to be able to put a spoiler within a spoiler but we cant
Spoiler! :
one
Spoiler! :
two
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

how big can a couple of pdfs be anyways? Just get a free (1gb) dropbox account should be big enough for a while... and then you can ask for donations to upgrade (or put referral links in your pdfs say sign up with this link to give me more space to put more pdfs)
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

take a guess on how much space the files i use for the PDFs take (and PDFs too) XD last time i checked it was 3.5GB or more

plus the new drive is for personal use (mainly anime) and im not selling my work so no i wont ask for donations
cboy123
Temporal Time Variant Entity

Post by cboy123 »

Kira0802 wrote:The title pretty says it all.

Should we tighten our rules in the light of recent events? In my opinion, we should be more careful. Anyone got recommandations?

Here are mine:
1. Move the PDFs directly linked in the wiki to a special thread of this in some section here. I know perfectly that there wouldn't be any difference, but still...it'd look slightly better.
2. Stop talking about RAWs, and if we do, use "Japanese version" instead when talking about the translation, in case the text is downloaded. More "politically correct".
3. Check for the alt. Languages licences. There are some content that should be removed right now.
4. Avoiding citing websites such as jCafe, which has some materials, you know...
5. Be careful.
You just violate rule #4 for citing THAT website.
:D Well Prevention is better than cure. Besides we don't want to let our efforts to waste don't we?
I maybe stupid... But A BRILLIANT PERSON CANNOT OUTDUMB the stupid

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”