Proposal: Page markers for works-in-progress

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Add page sections?

Poll ended at Wed May 02, 2007 7:04 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes
Other (Post suggestion below)
No votes

Total votes: 3

Smidge204
Astral Realm

Proposal: Page markers for works-in-progress

Post by Smidge204 »

This proposal is for adding "page markers" to any chapters that are actively being worked on. The idea is to make it easier to correlate the translation with the original text, which will help with proofreading and discussion.

The markles are currently implemented as such:

=={{edit separation|Page ###}}==

(### can be anything). This creates a thin black line and a small "edit" link enabling someone to edit just a particular page worth of text. In other words, it's a slightly tweaked "section" tag that does not display a title.

Here's a screenshot:

Once the project is "complete" (When Oni protects the page from anonymous editing, it's probably safe to say it's "complete") then the markers will be replaced with HTML style comments. This gets rid of the lines but keeps the page data.

I would like to add this to the Format/Style guideline as well, since it has vast potential to streamline the editing process.

Vote now!
=Smidge=
Darkoneko
Astral Realm

Post by Darkoneko »

+1 :wink:

editing a plain 180k of pure text to correct one sentence in the middle of in the page is really a pain :evil:

plus, some (old) browsers are known to have problem when editing 32k+ of text
HolyCow
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by HolyCow »

Much better than those thick black titles :wink:

Agreed!
/me claws out throat and dies

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”