Alternative Languages Wiki Revision

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: Alternative Languages

Post by onizuka-gto »

Oh.....haruhi.

Now we have to tag each project according to individual language.
:roll:

Each languages will have to have it's own index page....

Sigh.

well, the sidebar is prep, just need to make the above and link them for the Alt. Language Category to go live.

i'll.......do this later.....

If anyone can help me set up a few of the pages, that'll be appreciated.

Also I will delete:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... do_en_Wiki

Unless someone give me a bloody good reason not too.

Also goes with Darklor SnS, well i meant he has to move it. Absurdity has no place in Baka-ness.

Except in the CDZ
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Huh? Why?

Isnt that a page about how to edit/format in the wiki in Spanish?

Also isnt my SnS page not in my userspace? (As long as I havent translated enough I wouldnt add it as a Alternative Language project.)
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Huh? Why?

Isnt that a page how to edit/format in the wiki in Spanish?

Also isnt my SnS page not in my userspace? (As long as I havent translated enough I wouldnt add it as a Alternative Language project.)
Let me rephrase this.

Why isn't the Alternative SnS project not created on an individual page of it's own like all the other Alternative Language Projects, instead on being hosted on your personal wiki user page?

As for your reason for not doing that...well.... it's already classed as an Alternative Language project, since you have already put the tag on it and...well...it's active for public reading already so you might as well do it right.

I'm sure we can bend the rules a little, since t's a little too late right now just because you haven't translated "enough"....
:roll: :o
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Okay,

so this is a guideline for Wiki formatting in Spanish?

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... do_en_Wiki

Hmm.. .in that case i'll just retag it as "Spanish" and it'll show up on that page from now on.

I'll have to discard the "Alternative Language" Tag anyway, has to be done i'm afraid!

You all brought this upon yourselves! You wanted the languages on the sidebars now we got to tag every main project for each on them!

Maybe it won't be necessary of those languages that have only one project, they can be directly linked, but for the others, they'll have to be grouped onto a central index page.

I'll appreciate if all those who are working on the Alternative Languages to start tagging your pages with the English Name of your language.

Thank you!

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Also wouldnt it be enough to create a direct link to Alternative_Languages in the sidebar? Or to add at the Baka-tsuki wiki start page links to the different languages / alternate projects? (That was somehow the idea behind my added language category - so that one has only to follow a language link at the alternative language category page and gets a list of projects in the users language and not the alphabetical chaos in the alternative language category) Its called a subcategory... and its better to actualize as a page with a list since it does it itself if the categories are added.
---

I did it like that so that it wouldnt be deleted if I cant find the time to add the needed chapter in time since its in my userspace and not at a place where the real projects are.

And if you see it like that:
onizuka-gto wrote: and...well...it's active for public reading already so you might as well do it right.
than is everything in the wiki open for public reading since its a wiki...

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Also wouldnt it be enough to create a direct link to Alternative_Languages in the sidebar? Or to add at the Baka-tsuki wiki start page links to the different languages / alternate projects? (That was somehow the idea behind my added language category - so that one has only to follow a language link at the alternative language category page and gets a list of projects in the users language and not the alphabetical chaos in the alternative language category)
---

I did it like that so that it wouldnt be deleted if I cant find the time to add the needed chapter in time since its in my userspace and not at a place where the real projects are.

And if you see it like that: quote than is everything in the wiki open for public reading since its a wiki...

Well, i guess putting it on the wiki start page might be okay, i mean the sidebar is pretty crowded.

however i just can't seem to find away to be able to add columns to wiki pages so i can double stack the language links....

oh wait...maybe i can!

:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Columns

let me try....

hey, darklor in the meantime start retagging the Deutsch pages with the "German" tag!

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

omh!!

I forgotten how to internal link a category page.

driving me nuts.

:(

Coming back to the topic of your unusual publishing of the German SnS project, i think it'll be safe from being deleted Darklor!

There are other people who might want to translate it!

I think i can bend the rules to let you keep it on the wiki without the minimum requirements, i mean there has been previous special cases.

Which depends on how long you have contributed to Baka-Tsuki, which i think you more then qualify.

:]

As for your enquire about Wiki being open to the public.

this is true!

Wiki's are....bad at hiding things from the public.

We tried it before when we had that collaboration and it went....horrible. We all knew what happened to the Wiki. Wasn't nice.

The only way to truly prevent the public from reading ANYTHING on this wiki is to....well....bury it in the database and hope no one notice the page creation in the recent changes or guess the right words to put in the search box.

We can only control who edit or delete the page once something goes on the wiki. :]

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

K will do it soon (if I have at least translated the project page properly into German) but not right now at the moment I am too tired... (btw. my intention for SnS was only to get so much of it translated that the censored pics could be added at least in the German version ;))

Also can you now see how I intended to be the page of the Alternate Language Category?

Do you mean as an example [[:Category:Spanish|Spanish]] ?

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:K will do it soon (if I have at least translated the project page properly into German) but not right now at the moment I am too tired... (btw. my intention for SnS was only to get so much of it translated that the censored pics could be added at least in the German version ;))

Also can you now see how I intended to be the page of the Alternate Language Category?

Do you mean as an examplel [[:Category:Spanish|Spanish]] ?

Yep! that's the one! thanks! :lol: :roll:

Not sure i understand what you mean that you "intend to be" the Alternative Language category page :?:

But main page has been reformated....YAY! it looks less clutter now. The alternative languages look good too. :p

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Thats what I meant just add links to the subcategories at the Alternate Language page and you would have the Alternate Languages automatically sorted in a kind of list (and wouldnt have necessary the need to create a separate list)

We could even create translator categories as an example [[Category:Spanish Translator]] and this gets the [[Category:Spanish]] and you could find a list of Spanish translators...

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Thats what I meant just add links to the subcategories at the Alternate Language page and you would have the Alternate Languages automatically sorted in a kind of list (and wouldnt have necessary the need to create a separate list)

We could even create translator categories as an example [[Category:Spanish Translator]] and this gets the [[Category:Spanish]] and you could find a list of Spanish translators...

Oh, i see what you mean. Oh well, took me ages to add the template and the reformat of the front page. not going to scrap it all now!

Guess we can do all those things on the individual language page instead.

@Onizukademongto
FNX
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Alternative Languages Wiki Revision

Post by FNX »

Wow you two really work late, so the result is this:

1. The main page has been edited with a Alternative Languages section (great!!), and those links link to the projects tagged as that language I guess, so we need to tag the Spanish projects as Spanish and German as German for them to appear there? how is that done?

2. The alternative Languages page has been edited to have Español and German as tags, that page needs a little reorganization since the Introductions part takes a lot of space and the links on top only takes you too the Introduction in that language

Is that all the changes made or there were more and I didnt notice? and let's not forget a big thanks for the effort!!!
La unica manera de medir la vida es por medio de la pasion de vivirla...
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Just add at every Spanish project [[Category:Spanish]] if I assume right and Oni did it not different.
FNX wrote:2. The alternative Languages page has been edited to have Español and German as tags, that page needs a little reorganization since the Introductions part takes a lot of space and the links on top only takes you too the Introduction in that language
Because of that I have added those links. At the beginning of the page is an inedx which can get you to the links of the already added language catogories.

Darklor

Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

Maybe you guys can put the 'alternate languages' link on the sidebar as well? Where the 'teaser' is, because I'm not sure whether everyone will go to the main page first. (since I'm using firefox, I will almost always end up on the 'recent changes' page first). Especially for Haruhi, since the English project is abandoned, people may get the misconception that the entire project is abandoned, like what FNX stated in the first post of this topic.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Why FireFox?
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”