Reorganization.

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Everyone Read This. (No Joke.)

Post by Rajikai »

Since I am a newbie, I have no idea what you guys are talking about, and could only place together pieces of what I understood/gathered, so here is one option.

Complete format. Wipe everything but what is needed.
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Ideally, that would work. However, that does not erase people's stupidity nor does it keep the flow of conversation going.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Hum... I think I'm starting to get this more. It's quite similar to what we are currently doing. How about something Like a 4 page rule. Once reached 4 pages, it must be reported to mod/admin, whereas, they delete that topic, and create a new one where the summary of the topic (what has gone on) along with the last post gets transferred into a new topic. Keeps the board fresh, and easy for new members (like myself), to understand.

Any topics older than say. 2 months (inactive), get 3 warnings (1 per month) and when all three warnings have been made (5 months), that topic gets deleted.
1,550/3,400
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

hobogunner wrote:Now, I really want everyone to make serious suggestions and no off topicness, I am not going to use a poll for this, as there are simply too many options.
Guys, come on. Discuss what the rules will be elsewhere. Post how you feel it should be done here. :?
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Okay, I'll tell you why me (and maybe the others) went off topic. I did not understand the point you were trying to make. Can you please clarify for me. It might be because I'm an idiot. Thank you...
1,550/3,400
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I want everyone to post clearly what they would like the forums to become to make it more simplistic to post here.

So far we have:

A)The simplest idea I can come up with is putting every project in a subforum of the Auxiliary brigades (Such as Pui Pui and Haruhi are) this way, it's easier to access.

B)However, another solution would be to realign the main projects on top of the auxiliary brigades, in a better fashion, based on the results of the most popular project down.

C)Organization I would say to get all the projects and make a sub-forum under the Baka-tsuki forum in between news and forum wiki as 'Projects'
Make two subs-forums on that. Active, Inactive. Links on every project under that in the description and the active and inactive on the Projects subforum description.

D) Separate CDZ and Commune. CDZ for spamming, Commune for serious discussion.

Other posts have simply been rules for such things, but I'm asking for what method of organization we should have here.
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Re: Reorganization.

Post by ainsoph9 »

Well, we could implement multiple approaches that you have suggested.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I agree, in what fashion (or combination of those) would you like it done?
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

"D" is for certain. I think that "C" would work well with that. "A" and "B" look alright as well but not as good as "C."
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Yeah! For my idea! Anyways other than that, I think the bulk amount of topics should be removed or moved to another forum located at the bottom of the forums called something like "Dead Topics" or "Graveyard". Just in case if someone would like to go back for reference. You should also read what I posted amount the inactive topics in the previous posts. Cbox would also be nice for conversations similar to Facebook, but on the forums. That forces people to stay on the forums :D

That note aside, I have to be biased and pick C and D.

To be general, I think there are some sub forums located in the wrong place. Lingua Franca Lexicon could be in Special Forums. Suzumiya Haruhi Shrine should go in the club forums.

In that case there would be a drastic decrease in the length of the forum. Makes it seem more professional and organized. Maybe even add some forum if it looks small. (at first it will, but we will get used to it).
1,550/3,400
Khaleel
Project Translator

Post by Khaleel »

ainsoph9 wrote:"D" is for certain. I think that "C" would work well with that. "A" and "B" look alright as well but not as good as "C."
I was almost clicking on "Reply" to say this.

I agree with C and D, but, what you think about desactive the posts count in "spams areas"?

Certainly, Quira don't will like this.
"Unknown on the Internet, nor known for bishoujo gals. "
Light Novel Project
Spoiler! :
Current Working:
SAO: Volume 4-Volume 2. In this priority order.
Traduzindo para o Português!
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Lol. I don't know about the post count. Some people are... How do you say it... Obsessive about minor stuff like post count. If you do deactivate the post count, people would most likely feel unmotivated to post in the spam area, and be more like to spam in the more 'serious' parts of the board. Plus post count really isn't anything important. But Greed is human nature.

To make this less spamful. I would say Unpin all those pinned topic. Or at least keep them in one section of the board. It's really hard to find a certain's section topics. Maybe instead of a global pin, make it just a one forum pin. I don't know if it would be possible, But it will make the site seem... Easier?

Any important news should go on an announcement box on the top of the forums, or stay strictly in the news section.

My two... Three cents...
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Rajikai wrote:Yeah! For my idea! Anyways other than that, I think the bulk amount of topics should be removed or moved to another forum located at the bottom of the forums called something like "Dead Topics" or "Graveyard". Just in case if someone would like to go back for reference. You should also read what I posted amount the inactive topics in the previous posts. Cbox would also be nice for conversations similar to Facebook, but on the forums. That forces people to stay on the forums :D
Doing this would require a lot of administrative work, which does not exactly seem desirable. Plus, you would wind up lumping dissimilar topics together in all likelihood. Is it not best to let things die on their own without "helping" them in a sense? If you want to do something like this, we could have the admins lock inactive topics that have had no activity for x amount of time. After y amount of time, they would be deleted.
Khaleel wrote:I agree with C and D, but, what you think about desactive the posts count in "spams areas"?

Certainly, Quira don't will like this.
I do not know if this is possible. If it is, it might discourage people from posting here. Post count also can give a hierarchy to help newcomers know what and who they are dealing with at any given point.

As for kira, I say this in the kindest and nicest way possible, but to heck with him. :roll:
Rajikai wrote:Lol. I don't know about the post count. Some people are... How do you say it... Obsessive about minor stuff like post count. If you do deactivate the post count, people would most likely feel unmotivated to post in the spam area, and be more like to spam in the more 'serious' parts of the board. Plus post count really isn't anything important. But Greed is human nature.

To make this less spamful. I would say Unpin all those pinned topic. Or at least keep them in one section of the board. It's really hard to find a certain's section topics. Maybe instead of a global pin, make it just a one forum pin. I don't know if it would be possible, But it will make the site seem... Easier?

Any important news should go on an announcement box on the top of the forums, or stay strictly in the news section.

My two... Three cents...
Post count can sometimes make forums more fun, but I do not think that this will necessarily help with restructuring.

I agree that some of the pinned topics need to be unpinned. They are no longer helpful.
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

ainsoph9 wrote:"D" is for certain. I think that "C" would work well with that. "A" and "B" look alright as well but not as good as "C."
i also say this would help a lot and IMHO it should be done as soon as possible, and after that we can start again looking for things to make it better

as for taking off the post count xD you would be killing a lot of ppl here hahaha well if its for the better they might understand but still (right hocchan, kira?)

oh and for those pinned topics, i dunno why and how sometimes you access them from who knows where n you see them locked, =/ that needs to be fixed, i dunno how the forum actually works (i just have a very rough idea) so cant really help
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Okay, now I want to make sure that we are all envisioning the same thing here:

The Baka-Tsuki main forum page will contain 5-10 forums:
Listing(With subforums)
  • News
    Projects
    • Stalled
      Active
      Complete
      Hosted
    Forum / Wiki Feedback (Move unified format guidelines here)
    Translation Assistance (or just keep it Lingua...)
    Alt. Languages
    • (all the languages)
    Future Project Suggestions (Probably move higher)
  • Commune
    • Anime
      Music&Culture
      Games&Computing
      Manga&Novels
  • CDZ
  • Fan Fictions
Death Pile.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”