Baka-Tsuki Public Outreach Program!

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

b0mb3r
Taiga's Sword
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Minimizing Derailing of Threads

Post by b0mb3r »

^ Hands up for chat box.

baka baka baka
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ainsoph9 »

I can see people camping here all day if we did that. :roll:
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

tehping I think you're doing this the wrong way. Now that the anime's pretty much ended the only people who are going to look for the TWGOK LN are those that are serious fans, and even then they won't find it by themselves, it'll mostly be after someone tells them that there is one before they find it.

Contrarily, if you work on SAO which hopefully if the anime is good will be a big hit, you're anticipating the surge of people who start to watch the anime, but get to a point where they can't wait to find out what happens next. There's also a lack of manga translation, so the next stop is.. obviously.. LNs. This happened for me for index. In the middle of the 2nd season I couldn't wait for weekly releases and then found this and marathoned the books till the end lol.

So, it's obvious which one is the better one to work on!

By the way, instead of a chat box, something like what nyaatorrent has is ok too? Then people won't have to camp in fear of missing some messages or something. But the counter-argument is good too. you wouldn't want people to spend their time on the chatbox instead of translating would you?
j112
Project Translator

Post by j112 »

in an old anime/game forum i used to frequent we used ventrillo, dk if that would suite bt or not though
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

The chat box idea certainly would work, however, from what I know some people access these on their phones / i(whatevers), and the chatbox wouldn't work very well with that.

I think we should start using the IRC Channel that was made long ago, I've never used it, nor do I have any idea if anyone else uses it.

Our Facebook could certainly be more active than the forums at times, as there is nobody who's on here all 24/7. (At least, it seems that way.)

We need a way to get new members, non-contributors too. Our base community has majority contributors, and a few normal guys.
Need to up the normal guy count.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
jonathanasdf
Kyon's Imouto-Chan

Post by jonathanasdf »

Maybe get someone to make a news post on the main page? Right now it's pretty hard to find the forums unless you're trying to learn how to be an editor/translator and there's links from the specific projects on the project pages.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

That's certainly true.

I was also thinking ease of access, so could we redo the front page to represent things that we're currently doing and whatnot? Instead of having the "Auxiliary Brigades" not that it is a bad idea, but just that we need to refresh our projects lists.
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

ainsoph9 wrote:I can see people camping here all day if we did that. :roll:
:lol: *Feels concerned. :oops: :lol:

@2-3 posts above
...For that, I think we ought to talk about this in the BT Propaganda thread. I forgot how it's called though. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

Wow. I did not have to name names, and look what happens. :P :lol:
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

jonathanasdf wrote:tehping I think you're doing this the wrong way. Now that the anime's pretty much ended the only people who are going to look for the TWGOK LN are those that are serious fans, and even then they won't find it by themselves, it'll mostly be after someone tells them that there is one before they find it.

Contrarily, if you work on SAO which hopefully if the anime is good will be a big hit, you're anticipating the surge of people who start to watch the anime, but get to a point where they can't wait to find out what happens next. There's also a lack of manga translation, so the next stop is.. obviously.. LNs. This happened for me for index. In the middle of the 2nd season I couldn't wait for weekly releases and then found this and marathoned the books till the end lol.

So, it's obvious which one is the better one to work on!
Actually, I was planning to test this 'myth' (and are you thinking of making me work more on SAO? It won't work.). Your point is a rather general point though for me, in that if you are interested in the original medium you were reading, you would be interested in any other forms of media.
j112 wrote:in an old anime/game forum i used to frequent we used ventrillo, dk if that would suite bt or not though
I have no idea too.

Alright guys, I'm going to try and move the posts after my previous one, since it's an irony here.
YoakeNoHikari
Project Translator

Re: To be merged to Public Outreach thread. Someone help.

Post by YoakeNoHikari »

We don't have jurisdiction here, i.e. I can't merge this.
Even eternity can be encased in ice.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Baka-Tsuki Public Outreach Program!

Post by Mystes »

Necro-ing that thread for Round 2, and so Hocchan doesn't forget it too. :lol:

BTW, I propose a news-version Main Page. I mean that it should be updated a bit more frequently.

If we can not, how about creating a BT-members free blog? I mean, something related to LNs, but that are more "free" in terms of contents. And by "free", I mean non-related to objective reviews or like that.
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I do not feel as though that would end very well. :lol:
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Kira0802 wrote:Necro-ing that thread for Round 2, and so Hocchan doesn't forget it too. :lol:

BTW, I propose a news-version Main Page. I mean that it should be updated a bit more frequently.

If we can not, how about creating a BT-members free blog? I mean, something related to LNs, but that are more "free" in terms of contents. And by "free", I mean non-related to objective reviews or like that.
You need to tell it to Oni.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

hobogunner wrote:I do not feel as though that would end very well. :lol:
For all?
You need to tell it to Oni.
Just putting some random suggestions.
Kira0802

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”