Reviving Baka-Tsuki Blog

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Rena
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Reviving Baka-Tsuki Blog

Post by Rena »

Hello
Nurin wrote:
Hiyono wrote:No offense, but did anyone ever really read that thing anyway? I'm not sure what it'd offer over what the FB community page does now.
Anything that you post on facebook becomes drama, that's why....
Baka-Tsuki should entirely retreat from Facebook. Twitter is more then enough to give out news about new chapter etc.
Frankly speaking, I don't use any of them, but still Twitter is more usefull then Facebook.

I would write some reviews to Light Novels, but if I do this, everyone must be patience with me, my english ist wtflolstfu. I don't know any grammar and I don't even know if I build my sentences in the right way. :>
Ah, and I don't know any japanese/korean/madarin.

Another thing is, that I hope you are creating a new blog-side? Change the CMS or design, at the moment it looks like the 90s - outdated. :>

So long!
Rena
"In this high pressure situation, he was the one who didn't fall back... the only person who stood up and faught." - Farneze
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Well, let your reviews be proofread by someone. Please.

And I think it's the other way around, FB > twitter. IMHO, both suck. But hey, that's 2014!
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Rena
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Rena »

Hello

I didn't compare them. I only said what is more usefull. At least for me.
Of course I would someone let proofread it, but I first need to find someone who would do it. <3

So long!
Rena
"In this high pressure situation, he was the one who didn't fall back... the only person who stood up and faught." - Farneze
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Misogi wrote:I already did an article about how the KonoRano works, I just need to finish its English version.

Still, I need someone who can read Japanese to verify the informations that I collected.
If you finish it, PM it to Kira. <333 He's the only one who has blog access right now.
Rena wrote:Baka-Tsuki should entirely retreat from Facebook. Twitter is more then enough to give out news about new chapter etc.
Frankly speaking, I don't use any of them, but still Twitter is more usefull then Facebook.
No one has access to the Twitter account (not even Oni). It's actually not much better than a parrot bot. It repeats everything that either the Facebook Page announces or Oni tweets. xD
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

cloudii wrote:
Misogi wrote:I already did an article about how the KonoRano works, I just need to finish its English version.

Still, I need someone who can read Japanese to verify the informations that I collected.
If you finish it, PM it to Kira. <333 He's the only one who has blog access right now.
Rena wrote:Baka-Tsuki should entirely retreat from Facebook. Twitter is more then enough to give out news about new chapter etc.
No one has access to the Twitter account (not even Oni). It's actually not much better than a parrot bot. It repeats everything that either the Facebook Page announces or Oni tweets. xD
Actually a number of us have blog access, aside from the bosses, including Ping, kuroishinigami and myself. But yeah, I guess Kira is the only one active enough to do it for you. :lol:
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

larethian wrote: Actually a number of us have blog access, aside from the bosses, including Ping, kuroishinigami and myself. But yeah, I guess Kira is the only one active enough to do it for you. :lol:
Oh look at that, xD I learned something new today. But Ping's never mentioned it before (even we always talk about this in front of his face Q___Q;) and Oni lost his password. xD
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

Oh maybe I remembered wrongly. I'm not sure anymore. Those who has it requested for it in the old days. Wow, I just found out I got my password saved?? Even though I moved to a new system?? Is it the power of Chrome??
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

larethian wrote:Oh maybe I remembered wrongly. I'm not sure anymore. Those who has it requested for it in the old days. Wow, I just found out I got my password saved?? Even though I moved to a new system?? Is it the power of Chrome??
Chrome <3 You're probably right. No one bothered to mention it, that's all. :3
Rena
Vice Commander Itsuki

Post by Rena »

Hello
cloudii wrote:
Honestly, even aften thinking about this for over half a day, I still don't know how to response. I'm somehow shocked. Oo

So long!
Rena
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

larethian wrote:Oh maybe I remembered wrongly. I'm not sure anymore. Those who has it requested for it in the old days. Wow, I just found out I got my password saved?? Even though I moved to a new system?? Is it the power of Chrome??

lucky. i still can't figure out what my password is......dammit. why did the password recovery service not working? it worked before! in 2011! gah..... :(
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

(bump)

I kind of want get this moving again, however, I probably don't have the time to do much myself at the moment, so I'll just post some thoughts for anyone to agree or disagree with.

This was already proposed really, but I'd like to try opening it up for any translator; I was thinking some things translators may want to post are new light novel reviews, volume reviews or translation remarks for volumes they've completed, or comments on anime adaptations for their projects (likely at the end of the anime).

By that list, which is mostly things others have already proposed earlier, I was excluding posts about chapter or part releases because I thought it'd be too easy for the blog to become effectively a personal blog if one person was making very frequent posts, though in some sense that'd still be better than the current inactivity.

I also think the interviews were good, however, even regardless of my current time constraints, I don't think I'd be the best person to do those kind of posts.

Assuming someone else doesn't start pushing this earlier, I might try around the next time we do exec council nominations/voting, when we're trying to get people's attention anyways.
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

Hmm... Ping's recent novel review from facebook just got posted on the blog. If he keeps that up (I thought he was going to do them regularly), then that could be some momentum to try to revive the blog. So I'm going to bump this and make a more direct call for opinions/volunteers.

I guess this would still technically be in the proposal stage, but are there any BT translators who would be interested in posting on the blog? And if so, what kind of posts?

Novel reviews are already "typical posts." But as posted above, I was thinking translator remarks for volume completions and anime adaptation reviews might be other things, but I can't actually speak from a translator's perspective.
WakuKun
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Bokurano Alternative, Mondaiji-Tachi <3

Post by WakuKun »

Wow, I didn't know that BT also has a blog.
Unfortunately I'm not much of a help, because I'm not so talented in writing reviews and stuff.

Maybe it would be nice to post new light novel releases from Japan every once in a while or something.

However I like the idea of an active BT blog and hope there will be some volunteers who are willing to share their awesome reviews and ideas.
How about asking people on facebook if they like a BT blog and what kind of posts they wish to read?
Just watch, I'll do it!
Currently working on a translation for 「ぼくらの ~alternative~」

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”