Reviving Baka-Tsuki Blog

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Reviving Baka-Tsuki Blog

Post by cloudii »

Yo~

Baka-Tsuki blog is dead (old news). Kira and co really don't have time to update it. Doesn't that mean we could at least try to revive it?

Ideas:
  • Get new regular contributors. Younger members lol.
    • Put up a blog writing recruitment sign in the facebook groups. Maybe even mchan. People interested can apply.
  • Allow public submissions to BT blog
    • Make a submission box that regular readers can submit content to the Baka-Tsuki blog (reviews or whatever)
    • Advertise this submission box on facebook
    • Let the blog admins choose what they like and accept the material they like
  • Continue the interviews, 'cause they're easy and cloud finds them interesting >:D (like, cloud would love to see interviews of zzhk and js06...)
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Reviving Baka-Tsuki Blog

Post by cautr »

Have my unpopular opinion:

Just remove the blog.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
larethian
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by larethian »

I have been meaning to update it, but kept procrastinating. Anyway, only Oni and TLG have admin permissions. Anyone who wants to contribute write to Oni.
Hiyono
Shamisen Wordsmith

Post by Hiyono »

No offense, but did anyone ever really read that thing anyway? I'm not sure what it'd offer over what the FB community page does now.
"There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible and wrong." H.L. Mencken (1971)
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

Hiyono wrote:No offense, but did anyone ever really read that thing anyway? I'm not sure what it'd offer over what the FB community page does now.
Anything that you post on facebook becomes drama, that's why....
Call me Nurin!

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Hard to do. Past major contributors have been people talking about interesting novels not being translated, like Kuroi_Shinigami, Lare or SZH (RIP SZH). But these days, you type forums.animesuki.com and get pretty much the info you'd like.
Hiyono wrote:No offense, but did anyone ever really read that thing anyway? I'm not sure what it'd offer over what the FB community page does now.
Pretty sure some people used to read that, but that was in the past.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
victorrama
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: Too many to list, just ask

Post by victorrama »

Well, it was fun reading those interviews...
It might be better to make the blog specialized in trivia things like that. But prob is who will take care of it?
Just a passing by translator, editor, typesetter, writer, meeper.

Translating : The Maso's TL project
and also other series.

“The mind, at times, takes masochistic delight in suffering.” ― Saurbh Katyal, Seduced by Murder
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by krytyk »

victorrama wrote:Well, it was fun reading those interviews...
It might be better to make the blog specialized in trivia things like that. But prob is who will take care of it?
When you say it, it feels like a wrong choice could be disastrous...

ugh
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

I read almost all of the posts when I first came to B-T 8)
cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

arczyx wrote:
I read almost all of the posts when I first came to B-T 8)
Same. XD If anything, Teh Ping's interview kind of inspired me..... q___q
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

I read hobo's interview and it amused me because I had to try very hard to reconcile the hobo in that interview with the legend he has become.

The blog is interesting, but it needs to be opened up to more contributors and people *coughkiracough* need to be more committed to following through with it. Maybe we could shift the teasers there, it would remove half the clutter on the wiki.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

i think i have a few interviews i haven't yet posted.

But...i forgot my blog password....... sigh. :roll:

Once i do that, perhaps i can start sending out my Q&A to some of the newer crop of translators and editors? :P
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Nurin
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by Nurin »

onizuka-gto wrote:i think i have a few interviews i haven't yet posted.

But...i forgot my blog password....... sigh. :roll:

Once i do that, perhaps i can start sending out my Q&A to some of the newer crop of translators and editors? :P
lol, you should do that it would be fun to read it
Call me Nurin!

cloudii
Project Translator

Post by cloudii »

Blog will be reviving soon. Kira's obtained interviews that will be going up in the next few months. ;D Hopefully Simon will eventually get admin blog access....... soon(?)

In the mean time, I thought it'd be nice to accompany them with a few articles. Hence, if you're interested in writing an article, please respond on this thread.

Here's some article ideas I generally have. I know there's animesuki, but it'd be nice if we could express Baka-Tsuki's opinion on things:
  • Kono Light Novel Award (2014) - The awards for this year, and what's good on the list. What do we think? And then there's Tenkyō no Alderamin.
  • Upcoming light novels in anime - Amagami Brilliant Park, for example. Should we keep our eyes open for it?
  • Commentary/Reviews on LN Anime Adaptions - Were they good? Bad? Did the adaptations follow the original LN much?
  • Light Novel Sales Ranks (Japan) - I'm sure people would be interested.
  • Baka-Tsuki Insider - Inside peak at the administrative workings of BT. Public service announcements (don't worry, I have plenty. xD). Maybe even like an Editorial section on random things like newspapers have.
  • Random Baka-Tsuki Review - Random review for a Baka-Tsuki project/translation. Preferably a less popular or older project (or teaser project) that doesn't get as much attention.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I already did an article about how the KonoRano works, I just need to finish its English version.

Still, I need someone who can read Japanese to verify the informations that I collected.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”