Suggestions

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

AnimeFan9001
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Suggestions

Post by AnimeFan9001 »

I think it would be nice if all Light Novels that are currently projects, but have less than 1 full volume translated(on this site or another), should be changed back into teaser projects. Also I feel like it would be nice to have Completed Projects(Projects that the author has finished writing and is fully translated) and Stalled Project sections on the sidebar to make it easier to find projects that are currently being worked on or are finished. Also, looking through the projects on the sidebar, there are many that seem like they should be marked as stalled. Also I feel like the criteria for stalled projects should be updated so that projects that haven't had any updates in the time it takes for 2 new volumes to be released should be marked.

Leave Feedback/Opinions
(Also sorry if I posted this in wrong place. First post so yea)
cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Suggestions

Post by cloudii »

AnimeFan9001 wrote:I think it would be nice if all Light Novels that are currently projects, but have less than 1 full volume translated(on this site or another), should be changed back into teaser projects. Also I feel like it would be nice to have Completed Projects(Projects that the author has finished writing and is fully translated) and Stalled Project sections on the sidebar to make it easier to find projects that are currently being worked on or are finished. Also, looking through the projects on the sidebar, there are many that seem like they should be marked as stalled. Also I feel like the criteria for stalled projects should be updated so that projects that haven't had any updates in the time it takes for 2 new volumes to be released should be marked.

Leave Feedback/Opinions
(Also sorry if I posted this in wrong place. First post so yea)
Thanks for your feedback. A lot of these changes are being worked out right now (you caught us at a time when we've been in the middle of a lot of cosmetic changes).

We'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind as we continue forward.

One thing you suggested that we haven't considered very much (but I think is worthwhile) is the criteria for stalled projects. Honestly, due to the sheer number of projects that we have, the only feasible way to monitor activity is to score activity based on time since the last update.

Since I have been monitoring updates daily for the past two months, I'd be glad to team up with someone who has a bot willing to parse data and retag stalled projects. I'd propose something like this:
  • Any project that has not released a chapter once in three months will be tagged as stalled.
    However, if you (the translator) are still legitimately working on the translation, just remove the stalled tag by hand. Just don't be offended by the stalled tag... we'd basically be running off a bot.
I'm hoping that if I work together with Simon or DarkoNeko, we can run a script once every month using the updates data that I collect.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Since I didn't find a general suggestion/question thread, I'll just post this here: Is there a reason why newly registered users need so many posts to be upgraded to normal users, except for producing additional work for mods/translators/editors? Unless there is one, I'd suggest setting the number of required posts to "1" -- that should be enough to decide whether or not it's a spam bot.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I do agree, but the bigger problem and cause of this mess would be the registration process, which is still weak against spambots (and we need TLG for that).
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”