[Proposal] Removing the system of linked projects

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Should BT remove the concept of linked project.

Yes
20%
No
60%
Maybe with some changes
20%

Total votes: 40

Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: [Proposal] Removing the system of linked projects

Post by Darklor »

I voted yes, at least for projects that consist only of links. Projects were the links fill the holes in the BT translations could remain as links as long as there is no own BT translation.

But I would also approve if pure linked projects would have at least a own category and couldnt be placed under full projects.
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
AnimeFan9001
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by AnimeFan9001 »

I feel the linked projects don't really do much good. I used to go to baka tsuki to read LN's, now its just a hub of links. There are other sites for that. A new section would be fine with me, as would be outright removing linked projects.
veritatis cupitor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Mahouka, date a live

Post by veritatis cupitor »

Earlier I wrote in support of linked projects. But seeing the number of linked projects and having not so good experience with some links, I edited my post and voted for changes (3rd option). Now I think the projects must be hosted on Baka-tsuki. The translators can link to their site like the translators of Highschool DxD have done. Sorry for the edits in 2 posts above.
ARIGATOU GOZAIMASU TRANSLATOR SAN.
zxzxzx
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: High School DxD
Campione!
Date A Live
Oda Nobuna no Yabou
many more...

Post by zxzxzx »

This is rather late, but I do prefer to have content hosted on B-T itself, even if it may be mirrored elsewhere such as on a translator's blog before appearing here. Especially because I'm a user of the BakaReader EX app, and links mean that I have to have internet access. One problem, however, is that some projects have multiple translators or groups, and some are hosted, whilst some are not, so this is where I feel that links should remain.
please notice me, senpai!
R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Post by R~S »

While I do prefer internal/hosted projects, I don't mind linked ones... though frequently these projects are not maintained by the translator but by fans/readers and might not always be up to date.
Baka-Tsuki discord server

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”