Help and guidelines revisions (2016)

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Help and guidelines revisions (2016)

Post by Cthaeh »

In the town hall a few months ago, the topic of revising the guideline pages was brought up. For the moment I'm opening the thread for a single new page, but I've titled the thread for use generally discussing any guidelines revisions. However, if others want to open more focused threads for other revisions, go ahead.

-------

At the moment I'm looking for feedback on this new help page. It's designed to answer the most basic questions for new users; much of it is very basic stuff that most people can pick up themselves, but every once in a while people ask questions on those topics.

In addition to feedback on the helpfulness of the page, I list some guidelines on page naming and best practices. Those guidelines are things that I'd say are mostly accepted already, but it's possible some people might disagree, so let me know here.
R~S
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel: Index!

Re: Help and guidelines revisions (2016)

Post by R~S »

The page seems pretty complete. The only thing that comes to mind: maybe include a link to the format guideline page, as for further reading?
Baka-Tsuki discord server
Lunar Vitae
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel: Maria-sama ga Miteru

Post by Lunar Vitae »

I like it, along with the suggested inclusion of a link to the general format guideline. I will admit that the editor in me started to dissect a few paragraphs, but I put a stop to that. :wink: Smoothness and punctuation isn't the topic at hand.

If anything, I'd recommend clarifying the page creation. If the English name is available, is the creator supposed to use it? Or is it optional?
Feel free to contact me here, on Discord (#5703), or on the wiki (Leviticus)!

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Project Manager, Editor)
Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

R~S wrote:The page seems pretty complete. The only thing that comes to mind: maybe include a link to the format guideline page, as for further reading?
I'll probably do that; there are probably a few more links (help forum and guidelines) that I could add as well. Though I might update that page, since the file naming is described differently than is commonly done these days and is described in the new draft page.
Lunar Vitae wrote:I will admit that the editor in me started to dissect a few paragraphs, but I put a stop to that....

If anything, I'd recommend clarifying the page creation. If the English name is available, is the creator supposed to use it? Or is it optional?
If you see a way to make a particular sentence paragraph clearer, you're welcome to edit the page.

Page name (English or Romaji) is up to the translator or page creator, so I can clarify that bit.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”