Data on B-T?

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Data on B-T?

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

http://www.quantcast.com/baka-tsuki.net

Some statistics i found on the net... Is this true? @@ Even though it is unimportant, I guess it is not bad to note?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Nerevarine
Astral Realm

Re: Data on B-T?

Post by Nerevarine »

i wonder how they would check all that?
ShadowZeroHeart

I wonder WHY? I mean, is B-T being spied upon? and why would they conduct searches on some random site if not? interesting question dont you think? Unless they really track down every single webby? which seems almost impossible as well
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
duncan
Astral Realm

Post by duncan »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:I wonder WHY? I mean, is B-T being spied upon? and why would they conduct searches on some random site if not? interesting question dont you think? Unless they really track down every single webby? which seems almost impossible as well
Actually, if B-T is rated by quantcast I would assume that B-T has voluntarily asked to be so rated. As far as I know you have to put a bit of their code in your pages for them to track visitors (though they might have added an Alexa-like measurement tool since I last looked at them). The measurements are inherently inaccurate, but I wouldn't worry much about being spied upon, unless you are really paranoid.
ShadowZeroHeart

I was just surfing the web and suddenly this data popped up LOLz! but i was wondering... is there really so many people visiting? I was rather surprised(at both the numbers and the existance of this site)!
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
duncan
Astral Realm

Post by duncan »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:I was just surfing the web and suddenly this data popped up LOLz! but i was wondering... is there really so many people visiting? I was rather surprised(at both the numbers and the existance of this site)!
Measuring visitors to a site is always an inherently dodgy proposition (though it tends to become a precise science if you are planning on selling a site). If you really want stats on visitors you ought to ask whoever has access to B-T's logs, but even then it's a hard thing to get a handle on because of various caching schemes. At any rate, I wouldn't be surprised if B-T got a lot of visitors just because it is thick with Haruhi search terms. I'd certainly be interested to see the referer (sic) logs though (that's where the good info is). I put very little faith in things like quant and alexa, and I'd advise you to take their numbers with a salt lick.
Mies
Astral Realm

Post by Mies »

I love how we're 41% teens aged 12-17, and 55% have children aged 6-17.
So... 14% of our viewing audance had children as early as 1, and as late as 11.

God I love demographic bots :3

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”