Proposal: Main Page Update

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Proposal: Main Page Update

Post by Mystes »

lp113 wrote:Well, one of the major things is having a link from the series to the corresponding forum of that series. Can you imagine going through mangafox's forum then searching for the series to talk about it? No, there's a link on the series page that links to the forum of that series so people can discuss about it. This promotes the use of the forum and helps answer questions that people had when reading the novel that they didn't get by having a link where they can easily discuss it. Why can't every series have their own subforum if BT uses this type of navigation?
We actually already put it...it's like, around "registration", there should be a link to the forums.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

Just posting from what I know from SAO page. Doesn't have one.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Rajikai »

lp113 wrote:The link is one line..
I thought that you meant in the way were the most recent topics are shown from that forum. Not just a link to that forums
1,550/3,400
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

lp113 wrote:Just posting from what I know from SAO page. Doesn't have one.
The newly approved projects normally all have this, or something alike:
[edit] Feedback

If you enjoyed the series, why don't you tell us in the forum
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

Well that solves everything of that then but
B-T still needs a new main page! It's bad to new users!! That includes this page (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/). This actually took a minute to figure out that you need to click "Baka-Tsuki Translation Project" to actually ENTER the website. Doesn't even say "click here to enter site" The IMG logo doesn't even redirect you to the site! it's an unclickable waste of 75% of the page. The Ad placement is horrible! makes the "Baka-Tsuki Translation Project" text look like a part of the Ad and makes people that are untrustful not click on this to enter the site. I really can't believe B-T doesn't have a more appealing real homepage. Fix this ASAP I beg of you. Here i'll detail it out for you in a picture, typed this in 2 mins so disregard spelling errors. (right click->open in new tab)
[edit: I do not mean to remove the Ad, just make sure this page actually redirects 100% of the people to the actual wiki by redesigning the layout.]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by lp113 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 5 times in total.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Eh, I think the Wiki's fine, and it's not hard to bookmark the main page as opposed to the welcome page....I actually prefer the wiki the way it is, you just have to bookmark this: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... =Main_Page instead of just baka-tsuki.org. That way you never have to see it again.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

hobogunner wrote:Eh, I think the Wiki's fine, and it's not hard to bookmark the main page as opposed to the welcome page....I actually prefer the wiki the way it is, you just have to bookmark this: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... =Main_Page instead of just baka-tsuki.org. That way you never have to see it again.
We are talking about "New" users. Not current users that for sure have bookmarked it. I edited my post with a picture to show you what I mean.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I still feel like that picture has defined B-T.......

I'll send TLG a p.m. about making the whole picture a redirect, but that picture is good to me.

Also, when you google B-T, from the people I know of, they always click on one of the links below to whatever title they want.....

However, you are correct that the image should redirect, not just the strip of text below it....

As for the ads, think about how little ads this site has and just appreciate that. :lol:
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

hobogunner wrote:I still feel like that picture has defined B-T.......

I'll send TLG a p.m. about making the whole picture a redirect, but that picture is good to me.

Also, when you google B-T, from the people I know of, they always click on one of the links below to whatever title they want.....

However, you are correct that the image should redirect, not just the strip of text below it....

As for the ads, think about how little ads this site has and just appreciate that. :lol:
You might want to include a "click here to view our projects". Or a translation to the IMG. And I edited my text right before you said that, sorry mate; doing this as I go.
[edit: I do not mean to remove the Ad, just make sure this page actually redirects 100% of the people to the actual wiki by redesigning the layout.]
What would even be better is if you take that picture and replace it with the one on the top left. Or even taking that IMG and putting it on the main page.Thus making the main landing page (http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... =Main_Page). with the img in the middle if you must.
Last edited by lp113 on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

That image is translated....it's right underneath it as to what it says.... :?

"Two Dimensions : 10 CM"

I P.M.ed TLG, nothing can be done until he gets back to us.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Maybe the image which should be clickable to enter should be divided into two sections, where on side leads to the homepage, while the other leads to the forums...
1,550/3,400
lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by lp113 »

hobogunner wrote:That image is translated....it's right underneath it as to what it says.... :?

"Two Dimensions : 10 CM"

I P.M.ed TLG, nothing can be done until he gets back to us.
HOLY FCK thats what it means?!! how embarrassing, I thought "Two Dimensions : 10 CM" was something else entirely.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

If anything most people notice a blue line of text as a link...
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

But you gotta think about the computer novice ;) Maybe a new logo (quira can create it), where have is one for the main site, and the other half is for the forums. Click left to go to Homepage, Right to go to forums. Makes it more convieniate for visitors. Also, I did what hocc did and bookmarked it.
1,550/3,400
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

I think most computer "novices" would still notice the blue text and see it as a link

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”