Proposal: Main Page Update

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Proposal: Main Page Update

Post by cloudii »

You can make your own userskin you know. xD

Make a page on the Wiki at: YourUserName/common.css

The css that you put there will be applied to everything you see. It might be convenient for you to test things there. Furthermore, if you come up with something dramatic and cool, feel free the share it with others for a more exciting experience.

There's also user scripts, but as far as I know they're disabled. :c

@cautr
I most likely won't be maintaining any sort of recent updates thing. I think it's a whole lot easier to install a twitter extension and just work off of that... no reason for me to track updates in two places unless I'm feeling exceptionally masochistic. Furthermore, it's more reliable to depend on something that transcends the existence of myself. After all... if I vanish one day... there better be someone still managing whatever update monitoring system we come up with?

I remember there was a conversation about having a "Translation Project of the Day" on IRC with Darkoneko. That's also possible.

I do think it would be nice to put completed projects somewhere visible on the front page. IIRC, DarkoNeko's removing everything from the sidebar, so even a small list of completed projects would be nice. I could function as a hall of fame or something.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”