Project Locking Policy

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Krikit
Mikuru Bunny
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Project Locking Policy

Post by Krikit »

So I was just wondering if I could interject a statement about our published locking policy?

Pretty much this comes in after Hatchett books hatcheted Spice and Wolf.

Short and sweet is pretty much: after the english book is released, why not totally delete the fan translation of that corresponding book? It may be a tough measure, but in the end, may keep the project alive longer. Just my thought, but if Volume 1 had been removed the day it was released, maybe the rest of the volumes could have survived until their release dates? If not then this thread is moot, and you don't have to focus too hard on it.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Re: Project Locking Policy

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Krikit wrote:So I was just wondering if I could interject a statement about our published locking policy?

Pretty much this comes in after Hatchett books hatcheted Spice and Wolf.

Short and sweet is pretty much: after the english book is released, why not totally delete the fan translation of that corresponding book? It may be a tough measure, but in the end, may keep the project alive longer. Just my thought, but if Volume 1 had been removed the day it was released, maybe the rest of the volumes could have survived until their release dates? If not then this thread is moot, and you don't have to focus too hard on it.
the letter is for the licensed copies, which means if they licensed the later copies, we cant host them either.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

Unfortunately the C&D did not list which S&W volumes we needed to remove (unlike Haruhi where each volume was listed individually), so it is assumed that we need to remove them all. If anyone can come up with more details on which ones they have officially licensed then we could salvage some of the project.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

TheGiftedMonkey wrote:Unfortunately the C&D did not list which S&W volumes we needed to remove (unlike Haruhi where each volume was listed individually), so it is assumed that we need to remove them all. If anyone can come up with more details on which ones they have officially licensed then we could salvage some of the project.
If that is the case, the only way to find out is from emails with them, there is no other way for us to salvage the project.
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”