Tracking Projects & Point of Responsibility.

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Tracking Projects & Point of Responsibility.

Post by onizuka-gto »

Recently I've been swamped with things to do here, partly some completely out of my control others...well....*cough*.

well, one of those rare comment from the Big Boss in another thread sort of reminded me of sort of responsibilities that have gone awry and dropped off the cliff, swept off in the rest of things that have been preoccupying my duties here.

The premise of this, is to review ALL the projects currently Active, to review all assigned Project Admins & Supervisors.

You might ask, what is the point of Admins & Supervisors? How does it affect use lowly readers/Translators/Editors?

Well, let me describe what they are responsible for and why they are a GOOD thing for a project.

1) Both position act as two points of contact for any readers or contributors who are interested in the project.

2) Supervisors; Primary Point of Contact.

They are usually a member of the Projects Signed or Registered Editorial or Translator team.

(Signed, meaning those who have identified themselves on the Wiki; Registered as B-T forum members of designated groups.)

They have a vested and active interest in keeping the project going forward and keeping close contact with the rest of the team.
This involves keeping track of translation progress and the status of the Translators.

3) Administrator; Secondary Point of Contact.

The names is pretty much self-descriptive, they are those with Administrative Privilege on the wiki.

They may or may not be instrumental in the translating process of the project, but are vital as your first point of call that requires moving, reformatting, deleting pages or other functions that require Admin level access.
They are also important for any grievances or disputes relating to the project, such as vandalism or Registration conflicts.
They also keep track of Supervisor activity. In the case of an inactive Supervisor, they will temporary assume Supervisor responsibility until a new Supervisor is assigned.

As you can see, both position is required, without an Admin. the project will not be approved or maintained, on the Other hand without a Supervisor, Admins will be overwhelmed and will lack efficiency to keep track of a project or contact with the immediate team.

so no that we are clear of the roles of those two positions, lets get down to business.

Default Admin:

May of the English Projects do not have a clear assigned Admin, when that happens this usually default to me, which place a incredible load on myself.

This has got to a point that many projects here have more or less have outdated Supervisors, this in turn means progress of those projects are outdated, M.I.A Translators have not been chased up or cleared from the registration pages.

There are plenty of project that needs to reassessed, so for this part I need to first track down all projects that are registered under my name, followed by all default ones.

I will then need to track all projects registered under the other Admins, from there I will have to assess which Admins are inactive or are over burden themselves.

Once I've established all projects that can tackled by the current line-up of Admins and have a clear list of how many needs one.

I can assess how many new Admins. we require.

Yes, it's obvious but hey, you gotta follow the 5 year Plan. :roll:
:)

So, while I can name a few that I am currently Administrating, I'll appreciate if anyone else can list other projects i've Registered or Assumed by default! :roll:

Thank you. :)

Registered Project:

Bakamongatari (supervisor) <- Admin will be reassessed due to Velocity7 inactivity
Zero no Tsukaima
Haruhi (dropped. but listed because I MISS IT)

Well that's all I can remember so far, please add any I've missed... :roll:
The sooner I can sort this out, the better I can clean up the forum and wiki, such as clearing out the "Active" Side bar, when some aren't active at all.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Tracking Projects & Point of Responsibility.

Post by Vaelis »

onizuka-gto wrote:Registered Project:

Bakamongatari (supervisor) <- Admin will be reassessed due to Velocity7 inactivity
Zero no Tsukaima
Haruhi (dropped. but listed because I MISS IT)
7 Nights
PuiPui
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

cheers Vaelis...

I absolutely forgot about 7 nights and puipui... :roll:

Bakemongatari <- Supervisor/Admin
Puipui <- Supervisor/Admin
7 Night <- Supervisor/Admin
Zero no Tsukaima <- Admin

Defaults:
Baka to Tesuto to Syokanju
Chrome Shelled Regios
CubexCursedxCurious
Dantalian no Shoka
Durarara!!
Fate/Zero
Ginban Kaleidoscope
Hidan no Aria
Kara no Kyoukai
Kino no Tabi
Maria-sama ga Miteru
Read or Die
Seikai no Senki
Slayers
Strike Witches
To Aru Majutsu no Index
Toradora!

B^&%DY ............ :roll:

Right, I think that's it.

I've noticed that Shadowzeroheart is listed as an Admin on Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu.

Need to give him bump him up to Super Access...

Anyway, need to list out the rest that has been registered to other Admins.... :roll:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

What is with default supervisors?
Please don't mind my bad english since I'm german.

Darklor

Out of the dark, into the dark.
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

For some reason... I dont think I see Kaze no Stigma anywhere....? Is my main project forgotten completely...?
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Vaelis
Yuki Elf

Post by Vaelis »

ShadowZeroHeart wrote:For some reason... I dont think I see Kaze no Stigma anywhere....? Is my main project forgotten completely...?
He is doing the list of the projects where he is the supervisor/administrator and of the projects without supervisor/administrator (and he is the one by default).

Kaze no Stigma has an administrator, The naming game, and a supervisor, you :D
ShadowZeroHeart
Senior Project Translator

Post by ShadowZeroHeart »

Which reminds me, seems to have been a long while since i last spotted the naming game around...
God!!
You need not forgive me.
For those I love,
The violence brought about by sinful men
Shall now be used once more.
If you were created to save this world,
If there is a single shred of hope left for the future of mankind,
I am very sorry, but, please begone!
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Mushi to Medama has no supervisor...

btw what is with alternate language projects?

(last edited feb 07)

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Mushi to Medama has no supervisor...

btw what is with alternate language projects?

(last edited feb 07)

nice catch!

As for Alternative projects they are pretty much FUBAR as well, but they go into whole 'nother level due to the mirage of Languages.

In that respect, Vaelis has the same problem as I do, due to the number of French projects and no to mention Spanish too.

I think after we sort out the English project, I need to talk to Vaelis to see if he needs some minions too.

Now I got my own list, I need to sort them out into stalled and active projects.

From there i'll prioritise the stalled ones and get an status update.

Once that's done, it'll be assessing the active ones and who'll be assigned.

for that I'll need a list of all the other projects that are the responsibility under everyone else, i'll appreciate if you list it here too.

Vaelis, I know you got French ones too, so if you can just list the English ones for now, thanks.

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Hm, in the inactive project category arent that much projects, since the stalled tag is applied only after 12 month of inactivity (at least by me ;))

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:Hm, in the inactive project category arent that much projects, since the stalled tag is applied only after 12 month of inactivity (at least by me ;))
Thanks for that Darklor, however the point being, I'll have to contact the Translators for a status and then clean up the registration page.

Also I think it's best I find the status of all the translators on projects that have more or less have no activity within the last six months. ##

Start afresh so to say, will probably start on that tomorrow, on Monday.

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

And while we at it, so new projects now will get the aproval only if they have also an administrator and a supervisor? Then you should add that rule to the All Project Start-Up Guidelines. (Would at the moment affect Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria and Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (?)) (also the Baccano! thread is still in the future project section and not in the hosted and or Auxiliary Brigades section...)

Darklor

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Darklor wrote:And while we at it, so new projects now will get the aproval only if they have also an administrator and a supervisor? Then you should add that rule to the All Project Start-Up Guidelines. (Would at the moment affect Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria and Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (?)) (also the Baccano! thread is still in the future project section and not in the hosted and or Auxiliary Brigades section...)
ah, when you put it that way, it seems more or a hindrance then a benefit.

That wasn't really my intention, it was more of a way that every project will have a measure of support from Staff and contributors.

Already, I'm behind on getting this done, but the idea I was thinking was putting all projects on a rotation, in that every six months or so a staff member or at leased someone who is active should check up on a project and make sure its progressing and that project staff are contacted.

Personally if there was a way to automate email notification to registered translators and editors of a batch of projects on a regular interval in which the response can be processed by current overseeing staff (which is based on a rotation of active staff) then we will be able to update the status of our projects more efficiently and respond to concerns faster, but at the same time not require so much organisation or give the impression of annoying our contributors and translators.

But that's pretty much impossible, so I guess i have to do the best I can right not.

However it's close to Chinese New Year and i will have to delay this the next time i'm free, which I hope is..mmm... Wednesday, or at leased Early Thursday (If i can make myself get up!).

@Onizukademongto
Darklor
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Darklor »

Still not sorted out?
Already, I'm behind on getting this done, but the idea I was thinking was putting all projects on a rotation, in that every six months or so a staff member or at leased someone who is active should check up on a project and make sure its progressing and that project staff are contacted.
Btw. for that I think you'll have also to update the stalled project tag from 12 to 6 month...

Also I am thinking...

Btw. whats needed to do that job?
Spoiler! :
(I was thinking, as long as I am active here I could maybe try to do it at least for "Read or Die" and or for some of the few German projects if needed ;))
(last edited July 6)

Darklor

Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Im the supervisor for Shakugan no Shana and possibly de facto supervisor for Seitokai no Ichizon.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”