Baka-Tsuki Public Outreach Program!

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

lp113
Elite Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Baka-Tsuki Public Outreach Program!

Post by lp113 »

thelastguardian wrote:PDF watermark is not hard to remove. Heck, you can print out each page and programatically remove the mark, especially with text only marking.

It's always been a policy of B-T that, every copy of the translated text (chapter or bigger, I don't care about people copying a few paragraphs) should contain a reference to Baka-Tsuki, the text's translators' names, and a notice that basically amount to 'Do not sell or claim as your own'.
You don't have to include the agreement, but the names of Baka-Tsuki and the translator(s) must be present regardless if it is a pdf, html, chm, or whatever file.

Obviously we have no way to enforce this, but I think this is fair enough. Thoughts?
Sent you a pm about it. But that's what I had in mind.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Rajikai »

thelastguardian wrote:PDF watermark is not hard to remove. Heck, you can print out each page and programatically remove the mark, especially with text only marking.

It's always been a policy of B-T that, every copy of the translated text (chapter or bigger, I don't care about people copying a few paragraphs) should contain a reference to Baka-Tsuki, the text's translators' names, and a notice that basically amount to 'Do not sell or claim as your own'.
You don't have to include the agreement, but the names of Baka-Tsuki and the translator(s) must be present regardless if it is a pdf, html, chm, or whatever file.

Obviously we have no way to enforce this, but I think this is fair enough. Thoughts?
of course nothing is hard to remove, and people could easy create their own pdf files or what not. Do I care if watermark is placed or not? No I don't care, but if the community needs help, I try to do what I can.
1,550/3,400
hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I certainly agree with you on that, however, I keep saying that illegal spreadings of our stuff can only be deterred, never completely stop....we should try to make it that one extra step to completely remove our brand as opposed to it not having it at all. (Reason I support the B-T on the bottom corner, if not carj's idea.)

Also, to have it formatted like an actual L.N., we should have a Title page wherein we could list the Title / author / illustrator / translator / our image and us hosting it.

I'll P.M. you the format that I asked carj and Simon to do it in.
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

I think the hidden Watermark might be a plus... But whatever you guys want.
1,550/3,400
carj
Yuki-Nagator

Post by carj »

well i got this idea a while back but due to recent issues never got into do it

im starting to put links to old post of the blog so more people go there, ill be putting 1 per day so it'll take me.....around 50 days to get to the newest one xD
altux
Project Translator

Post by altux »

Just remember

whatever we do
don't make it to hard for newbies to join or enjoy what we are doing now.

Because these days, may and many more communities seem a lot harder the when they were first created
I remember a forum when I could get in easily, post easily, talk about anything, download easily, now becomes more and more restricted

Just keep it simple ok?
If there are cheaters or criminals, then chase and punish them
not the whole community must bear the consequences, right?

If there are someone selling, why don't we just report them, post their face and identities?
altux
Project Translator

Post by altux »

Also, is there any who knows the laws?
somewhere, there should've be a punishment for those who sell free things
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

O.o That's one way to see it... But it might be... Difficult I guess you'd say. In a way..
1,550/3,400
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

What is the place of Facebook in our BT community?

Post by Mystes »

^This is the question.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

OK, BTW, guys, could we make a BT sub-group in FB for the general chat? I mean, it's about manga/LN/anime talks without being directly posted in the official BT Facebook page.
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

There are no such things as sub-groups. I thought about making a B-T anime through manga section for groups on Facebook, but it really is just not practical.

Unless we made a B-T 'unofficial' and just let it go crazy, but that's just more things to look after when we have the forums.
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

No sub-groups, but you can make another group and proclaim it "under the jurisdiction of BT", right?

Basically, it's just another group like BT, aside the fact that the posts will be more like discussing about manga, anime and such; the kind of posts deleted in the official BT-page. We can then make more restrictions on the more official one, such as stop discussing everything that doesn't concern BT and such, then make the other group the "discussion group".
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

I sort of see your point with that, but aren't we spreading ourselves too thin? I mean, we have the forums, twitter for announcements, everyone's talk page, and the FB page, in which I'll let a post go until it is answered if it asks a question, until someone answers it. (Derp. It's 5:45 a.m. :roll: )

Like the idea, but starting to build up too many things to look after. I understand that the 'discussion group' wouldn't have to be looked after too much, however, if it is declared as under B-T's thumb, it will still have to be moderated and such. (for certain things we don't want with our name.)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

How about changing it to Baka-Hoshi? :lol:

Obviously, there will be some rules. You know how I am now with RAWs sharing :D .. However, I believe that, considering the fact that in the past few weeks it worked fine.

Also, yes, we are spreading ourselves more and more. However, the community also grows larger and larger. It'd be unthinkable at the time, in 2006, to have many detachments here and there, because the fan-base was small. Today, many people are reading our books, and we'll have a new generation of translators, a new generation of readers and such.

Anyways, we could make it a secret group too. Only those on BT could he invited, and all other who haven't joined BT yet won't be able to, which will keep us from the trolls and such.
Kira0802

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by hobogunner »

Dunno if we could make the system really work like that, unless we make a post telling them to P.M. you or me for the link such that we know they are actual users, but then we fall under the problem of them using that as the base, not the forums. :?

The community is getting larger and larger, which is awesome, but the ratio of mods to the number of others is pretty low now. So, we'd especially put ourselves in a weirder situation.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”