Baka-Tsuki Public Outreach Program!

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Poke2201
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Baka-Tsuki Public Outreach Program!

Post by Poke2201 »

Hey everyone, so inside a Zero No Tsukaima thread an intriguing post came up:
larethian wrote:
Synchro wrote:Unfortunately it's not that easy to find. I think the main page needs some way to make it easier to find on google, or somewhere along those lines, also it wouldn't help to ask some translators that are free or some that have extra time to help, already asked a few myself, awaiting replies at the moment.
what we need is more notable sites linking to us to increase the page rank. more + notable

Its great that BT is known mainly through word of mouth, but maybe we should step up our efforts to be a little bit more well known. Since Haruhi/Spice and Wolf were abandoned, the forum has become basically quiet and Im guessing not as many people have been coming in. So the big question here is, how are we going to make ourself known out there in the wild wild internet?
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Synchro
Astral Realm

Re: Baka-Tsuki Public Outreach Program!

Post by Synchro »

Just going to copy & paste what I put in the other thread.

I think the best way to do it would be advertising Animes/mangas that never stayed to the original plot of said Anime/Manga or Never got an ending (ZnT, Shakugan no Shana, ToAru Majutsu no Index come to mind) to people who are big fans of said Anime/Manga. This is probably where the majority of people viewing the Light novels on BT come from. I don't think trying to appeal to non Manga/Anime audiences would be applicable, they wouldn't understand the rules of the Manga/Anime universe, some that come to mind are Tsundere, Powers, type of comedy etc.

*EDIT*

A facebook group/page that advertises the website, and also advertises on said Anime/Manga fanpages would also help boost popularity. Advertising to friends and creating groups or asking for assistance from Manga/Anime forums like Kira said would probably help boost popularity, and may even allow some collaborations for help on translating, above that looking for people who are willing to translate and are free would also be helpful, although I don't know where to start on that one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That being said, I hope the community comes together to give some good advice/suggestions or even takes part to help themselves!
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Well there is a group, but it hasn't been updated in a while.
onizuka-gto wrote:Big Boss was playing with the cosmic forces and forgot to switch the blog database back on.
Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

The admin of the page should ask for help from other pages for advertisements or, post in said pages to reach out to people who are interested in that Anime/Manga.

*EDIT*

I would only do this on pages that have Light Novels translated on BT though like;

SnS,
ZnT,
To Aru Majutsu no Index
& More.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Guest hasn't been on Facebook for like half a year and he won't give me admin rights no matter how much I stalk him at his work

So you either make a new group on Facebook or you can come over here and we can stalk Guest together
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

ben1234 wrote:Guest hasn't been on Facebook for like half a year and he won't give me admin rights no matter how much I stalk him at his work

So you either make a new group on Facebook or you can come over here and we can stalk Guest together

Its best if an admin does that XD.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Still, don't forget that this site is basically handling illegal stuff. Recently, I've googled for Japanese opinions about B-T, and about 80% were like "They've got some nerve! Do they have no morals?"
We needn't care about what they think, but it's true that we're very deep in the gray zone. Oh well, that goes for the whole anime industry, so just my two cents.

[edit]
Upon further thought, this really goes for the entire fansub industry, too. Oh well. :D
Synchro
Astral Realm

Post by Synchro »

To be fair, BT has quite good morales though, they are trying to help awareness to Unlicensed series, and once they become Licensed, they remove them.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

Also, its not like were not important either... How else did people get their Haruhi light novel fix before Yen Press licensed it? We have some pull there.
TheGiftedMonkey
Supreme Lord Temporal

Post by TheGiftedMonkey »

ben1234 wrote:Guest hasn't been on Facebook for like half a year and he won't give me admin rights no matter how much I stalk him at his work

I do believe I sent him some messages on FB about passing along the Admin rights, but I can't remember. Either way tell him to fork them over to me. 8)
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Help me stalk him or you can spam his Facebook with more messages?

He has been logging on, he just hasn't been answering anything from me
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

EusthEnoptEron wrote:Upon further thought, this really goes for the entire fansub industry, too. Oh well. :D
Well, I bet that in the near future, some subbing website will be sponsered. Wouldn't be surprised.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

I would think thats crunchyroll...
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Poke2201 wrote:I would think thats crunchyroll...
Mind you, Crunchy is official.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Poke2201
Project Translator

Post by Poke2201 »

So what does that mean then?

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”