Reorganization.

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

hobogunner
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel:

Reorganization.

Post by hobogunner »

In order to help with organization, amongst other things, I really want to ask everyone's opinion as to a new look for the forum.

In my opinion, the Facebook has too much going on, and moving that out of the facebook would be really simple if people posted w/e in the respective forum they are discussing.

However, some of what is discussed lies in the uncharted Auxiliary Brigades, so I want to know everyone's ideas as to make ease of access much more simple.

The simplest idea I can come up with is putting every project in a subforum of the Auxiliary brigades (Such as Pui Pui and Haruhi are) this way, it's easier to access.

However, another solution would be to realign the main projects on top of the auxiliary brigades, in a better fashion, based on the results of the most popular project down.

Now, I really want everyone to make serious suggestions and no off topicness, I am not going to use a poll for this, as there are simply too many options.

(I'll be taking notes and then asking in the end to verify that everyone [at least a 2/3 majority] agrees on it.)
Maybe this is just too fast, too real -Stay Close, Parabelle
Snails see the benefits, the beauty in every inch -Snails, The Format
You thought you could find happiness just over that green hill; you thought you would be satisfied, but you never will learn to be still
-Learn To Be Still, The Eagles
HexOmega
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Everyone Read This. (No Joke.)

Post by HexOmega »

I'd agree with just about all of that. The FB page is friggin full of people just spamming the translators to hurry up, or being passive aggressive about the time it takes for something; No work can get done with a FB page. Setting up the projects in that outline format might make things easier on errbody.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Though the fact with FB is that it's easy to post. Just one sentence is enough, and you can just look below to discuss anothe rnovel. That is wat makes it attracting. IMO.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

I don't know about this facebook thing since I'm a newbie, but I say baka-tsuki should only focus on the forum, twitter (maybe not even this), mangaupdates, and the main site. Just those are a handful. Make life simpler. Also force people to be here, rather than other stuff like facebook and whatnot.

Organization I would say to get all the projects and make a sub-forum under the Baka-tsuki forum in between news and forum wiki as 'Projects'
Make two subs-forums on that. Active, Inactive. Links on every project under that in the description and the active and inactive on the Projects subforum description.

The forum seems a bit bulky. But what do I know...

That's my two cents.
1,550/3,400
lexomaniac
Mikuru's Master

Post by lexomaniac »

That's a good point. I for one agree in more ways than one...

I'm a member of our facebook page and seriously... It doesn't really give justice to our forum(update wise). Because some of us rather post in our "FB" accounts rather than the forum itself. Which in fact takes out the essence of our community which is the forum, and divert itself to facebook.

I for one have been a long time supporter of this site and just recently registered for some out-dated reason(just about time I want to contribute), but nevertheless... I just want our forum site to be more lively and active. (It's thanks to our top posters that this forum is alive... seriously =/)

That's my rant, and if by some instance that I insult any of you, I'd publicly apologize... :)
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I am sure the top posters (read "spammers") appreciate your comments. I know I do. :lol:

Seriously now, I say that we need to see oni, TLG, and some of the old timers from my generation and older back here. Our current situation is greatly owned to the fact that they are not here any longer. :cry: Seeing our community shifted so much while leaving huge gaping holes in the areas of responsibility and participation has completely changed the dynamic here.

Even if we cannot convince people to come back, that means that we need to reorganize things through categorization at least. Topics need to go to their proper places and stay OT. If you do not have something to contribute to the topic while being OT, either do not post, or reference your tangent to the original break-off point in a link and start a new topic in the appropriate forum. While this may create more shorter topics, it will make sure that people's interest in the forum stays there.

This does not mean that we cannot be silly or have fun. It only means that we should and need to be constructive here.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Again, I'm the Pro-CDZ who thinks that the commune and the CDZ should be seperated. That will make the commune more serious. (And CDZ less.)
Kira0802

Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

So what is this CDZ?
1,550/3,400
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Basically a place where nonsense is posted. :lol:

It got shut down, and the posting moved to the commune.
Kira0802

Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

I see your point, but that's why they made seperate forums where nonsense could go. Example: Ban the user above you.
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

We have tried to ban kira numerous times. :lol:

More seriously though, reopening the CDZ depends on whether people can have certain measure of self-control. Maybe the three strikes policy would work for those who cannot. The punishment would be decided by the admins and mods. I would rather not be too strict, but a certain dose of fear can be healthy.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

I thought that there was something like "no under-4 posts", "no necro-ing" (which I oppose to, BTW, since topics might seem interesting at a point and not at another), no "milestone thread", which doesn't really matter. Or we can just make CDZ-1, CDZ-2, CDZ-3, etc., which are similar to chat zones.
Kira0802

ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

"Under-4 posts?" :?
Rajikai
Sailor Tsuki

Post by Rajikai »

Maybe he means you got to wait for 4 people to post ahead of your previous post before you re-post. That way it won't be something like this.
Me
Soph (1)
me
kira (1)
me

Maybe a cbox would be a better option. If there are no topics that you want to post at, just go to the cbox. kinda like IRC, but on the forums....
1,550/3,400
ainsoph9
Osaka-ben Gaijin-Sama

Post by ainsoph9 »

I do not think that rule will necessarily help our case here...

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”