In light of the recent spam

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Re: In light of the recent spam

Post by onizuka-gto »

With tears in my eyes, i greeted the Dear Leader as he emerge from the northern red gates of Bakatsukigrad.

I bowed my head when he approached and held my hand out, as he extended his hands, he shook me firmly before pulling me into a brotherly hug.

"Dear Leader!" I cried.

He let go and looked into my eyes and said:

"Dear Comrade brother, i have returned. You will not fight alone. Let us together, drive those capitalist dogs from our lands and free the people, to be baka anytime and anywhere."

And with a wave of his hand, he gave back the power to the people, unicorns descended from the sky and the people rejoiced!

As i stood and witness the miracle of wikicommunist unicorns in uniform, i slowly notice the red gates of Bakatsukigrad, i suddenly cried in panic, "Big Boss!"

He stopped walking to the gates, pausing before turning round, the glare of seven golden Bakatama emerging from the gate, before settling into orbiting the Dear Leader, forced me to shield my eyes.

"Do not fear Comrade Brother, for my life's breath is all but spent. There shall come a time far from now when our wiki itself is dying, even as I am now dying, and our foes shall gather to destroy us. Then my brothers, I shall listen for your call in whatever realm of death holds me, and come I shall, no matter what the laws of life and death forbid. At the end I will be there. For the final battle. For the Baka-time."

I slowly raised my arms and waved, crying for the gift he has given us, and with a final shudder the red gates shut behind him.
Until the time comes again when we need him, he will walk amongst us mortals again. He will always be watching us.
:cry: :cry:

*Sends bestnumber?8721 to re-education centre for moral and political readjustment*
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Teh_ping »

Good lord, has Big Boss become Guthix or something?
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Teh_ping wrote:Good lord, has Big Boss become Guthix or something?
I like that. :lol:
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

Post by bestnumber?8721 »

onizuka-gto wrote:*Sends bestnumber?8721 to re-education centre for moral and political readjustment*

IM INNOCENT!!! I CONTEST EVERY ACCUSATION AGAINST ME!!!

IM INNOCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENT!!!

*Jail cell closes*
Technically I'm an evil spirit.

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Nice role-play, I liked it. ^^

By the way, could we talk about that :
KuroiHikari wrote:Actually, could the pink limit be changed to 5 post, 10 post seems quite demanding considering how dead this forum is.
What do you think?
I find it would be a good thing for a lot of our translators, who aren't interested into posting on the forum, but more about translating stuff... So a lot of them are very slow reaching the current limit and it's kind of annoying regarding their inability to send PM. :wink:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I'm siding with Lery on this matter, after I thought a bit about it.

Not that it'll greatly change the current system, but new users will appreciate this.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

Actually, now tat I think about it, it seems fine... And this is not the reeducation talking... Ugh!!

My record... My precious... My record...

Can edit stuff if need be, I've just been bored and busy... for the past 2 years
Ocu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ocu »

I agree with Lery that it's a bit annoying, specially the inability to send PM. (Misogi sends me and I can't answer him :? )
If lowering the numbers of messages until you get unpinked and don't need approval is too problematic what about :
0->5 = Can't send PM and need approval
5->10 = Can send PM (maybe with a system to be sure its not a spam? Like 1PM/Day?) but still need approval.
Sorry if it sounds stupid (or if there's some grammar mistakes)
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Well, actually you're the perfect example, Ocu ^^''
Ocu wrote:If lowering the numbers of messages until you get unpinked and don't need approval is too problematic what about :
0->5 = Can't send PM and need approval
5->10 = Can send PM (maybe with a system to be sure its not a spam? Like 1PM/Day?) but still need approval.
Mhhh, that would be even more complicated to do it that way. It's still easier to decrease the limit to 5 than to do something like that, because it would involve two rank changes. :wink:
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Ocu
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Ocu »

Ah right I didnt think about this.
I'm having quite a few [useless] ideas but it look like reducing down the limit to 5 is the simpler way.
And it may be a stupid question but what's the problem ('recent spam')?
I find it quite hard to spam with the registering and the pink-pseudo thing.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

This is an old thread. the pink thing is the result of the not-so 'recent' spam.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

Since spam is less of an issue now, i have no objection to reducing the pink posting from 10 to 5.
The policy will be effective today and has no effect on new account created before this date.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

So... It's sort of like a grandfather clause?

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Thanks, Oni. As long as it doesn't cause a spam wave, I think it's better that way.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
bestnumber?8721
Taiga's Sword

Misogi- since I jst powered up... Wat do I hv to do as a blue? N define spam...

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”