About links and files on this forum

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

About links and files on this forum

Post by Simon »

So, what do people here think about a central place for managing of links that can be found here ?

Should be done or not ?
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: About links and files on this forum

Post by arczyx »

What links are you talking about? The PDF, ePUB, Mobi? Or maybe the links to outside translations? (In both case, we have a list for it)
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

To the files lke ePUB, MOBI, PDF and so on.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

May be useful... But it would be a huge library of links, maybe it would be better to do it on the wiki, no? :?
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Lery wrote:May be useful... But it would be a huge library of links, maybe it would be better to do it on the wiki, no? :?
It will, to be more prcise it's the same site as where the ePUBs are generated. (Look at the footer)

It's already written and only awaits the links and uploader.

There are 3 groups: Admins, Translators, User/uploader

Uploader can add Series/Books/Links.
Translator inherits Uploader + they have the power to lock links. Don't remember if they can lock users... too lazy to look at it.
Admnin inherits Transaltor + They can manage users and their link only in terms of closing no edit. Also every link must be approved before it will appear on the site.

And last thing is the Admins can give out OTP(One Time Passwords), I use OTP for group managmante. Meaining: an unique key will be generated and the admin gives the key to a user. If the admin generated a TL OTP then the user who uses it to register will get direct TL acces.

Something like that. Oh and about design, I suck at it and I made everything pretty simple so don't expect any fancy things.

You can see that 13man18 added his links already... I think it was... HS DxD, Baka to Test and Zero no Tsukaima.

Also I'm adding RSS Feed at the moment... so it would be a good thing for those who always ask for links and such. Because if it's available, they will see it in their feed.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

Nice work!

Amazing. If you need some help, I'm willing to help ;)
I may upload some things if you want.
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”