Organization of the Alternative Language Forum

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Aska
Shamisen Wordsmith
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Organization of the Alternative Language Forum

Post by Aska »

Azyrion wrote:had a hard time passing the captcha as the question were surprisingly difficult or more like took me quite aback?
I totally agree. Around 42/46 tries here... I can't remember how I passed it.-
Searching for
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Well, you just had to look at the forum, at the mentionned category.

It'll be impossible to change the question, it's a good way to avoid spammers.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]

Post by Lery »

Azyrion wrote: You can speak in English or in German/ Ihr könnt euch auf Deutsch oder English unterhalten.
Perfekt, ich hätte auch "unterhalten" gebraucht. ^^

About the Spanish section, wouldn't "Silimir" be a good choice too? Or is he dead since December??

About the "planned" french projects, you may add one or two to your list, I have a huge list of beloved projects I would like to translate... :lol: If only I had time to finish my current one...
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

I'll add the German sentence then.

Silimir has disappeared, afaik.

I only put the planned and confirmed projects, and I also have some projects to start, but not the time for them.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
Xehannos
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by Xehannos »

LiTTleDRAgo wrote:"You can speak in English or in Indonesian." -> "Anda dapat berbicara dengan bahasa Inggris atau dengan bahasa Indonesia"

by the way, for Indonesian supervisors, what about SATRIA?
(although he is currently away until may or june because of national exams)
Eh? The national exams are already finished right?
Let's us wait for his return XD
Misogi wrote:It seems that he doesn't have a forum account. I'm not against it, but well, his recent changes are quite old.

I think that I won't put him for now, but it can be reconsidered if he comes back.

Anyway, seems like I have 2 different sentences:

Anda dapat menggunakan bahasa Inggris maupun Indonesia.
Anda dapat berbicara dengan bahasa Inggris atau dengan bahasa Indonesia.
Yours and LiTTleDRAgo's version are good, my version is:
'Anda bisa berbahasa inggris atau indonesia.'

For the captcha thing, I agree with Azyrion and Aska that the question is somewhat confusing lol(some of my friends can't register his/her forum ID because of that thing), but if we search the answer slowly... we can find it.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Xehannos wrote:
Misogi wrote:Anyway, seems like I have 2 different sentences:

Anda dapat menggunakan bahasa Inggris maupun Indonesia.
Anda dapat berbicara dengan bahasa Inggris atau dengan bahasa Indonesia.
Yours and LiTTleDRAgo's version are good, my version is:

For the captcha thing, I agree with Azyrion and Aska that the question is somewhat confusing lol(some of my friends can't register his/her forum ID because of that thing), but if we search the answer slowly... we can find it.
That was arczyx's suggestion, not mine.

Anyway, I can't check if your sentence is right, so I'll wait confirmation from another Indonesian member.

I'll send the list tomorrow.

For the captcha, seems like I'll have to add some lines in my introduction tutorial.
----
Lery

Post by Lery »

Mhhh, I missed the captcha discussion, but I agreed with that : certain questions are just too hard or maybe the correct answers are too restrictive... (I don't know if it's case sensitive for example...)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Just by curiosity, what's the meaning of "EYD" ??? I never saw this acronym and google can't help me. :?:

Sysadmin, sometimes.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Lery wrote:Just by curiosity, what's the meaning of "EYD" ??? I never saw this acronym and google can't help me. :?:
EYD = "ejaan yang disempurnakan". It is some sort of grammar rules I suppose.
LiTTleDRAgo wrote:your version didn't follow our country's EYD so I don't think we should use that
also the meaning of the sentence is different

"Anda bisa berbahasa inggris atau indonesia." = "You can speak English or Indonesian" != "You can speak in English or in Indonesian."
I agree with this. Anyway, whichever version is fine, it's not like this is a gravely important matter that needs some kind of deep discussion. Although I still prefer my version over LittleDrago's since we're technically not "speaking" here :wink:
thelastguardian
Editor-in-Assistance
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by thelastguardian »

Okay, I've read thru the request. They are reasonable and I have no objection.

However, it might be better to have a person(or more) responsible for maintaining alternative language forum. Thoughts?
唯「もし・・・今後他の女の子に一切ハレンチな事しないって約束するなら・・・わ・・・私・・・私なら・・・」
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

thelastguardian wrote:However, it might be better to have a person(or more) responsible for maintaining alternative language forum. Thoughts?
Agree. And if possible, can you make that person have the authority to create a new language subforum? (so that we don't have to "bother" you or oni in case a new request appeared, since both of you is not exactly very responsive and all...)
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

thelastguardian wrote:However, it might be better to have a person(or more) responsible for maintaining alternative language forum. Thoughts?
One person for languages he/she understands might be better though. Having some kind of moderator is a good idea, but it would be better if the person in question can be in constant contact with the languages he/she is responsible for.

IMO, the right to create language subforums might not be so important right now. Rather, locking/moving/merging threads/posts is what would be preferable.
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
arczyx
Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by arczyx »

Kira0802 wrote:IMO, the right to create language subforums might not be so important right now. Rather, locking/moving/merging threads/posts is what would be preferable.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
Xehannos
Edit-Translator [101-AETB]

Post by Xehannos »

LiTTleDRAgo wrote:
Xehannos wrote: Eh? The national exams are already finished right?
Let's us wait for his return XD
in his page, he stated that he would return at may or june
Xehannos wrote: Yours and LiTTleDRAgo's version are good, my version is:
your version didn't follow our country's EYD so I don't think we should use that
also the meaning of the sentence is different

"Anda bisa berbahasa inggris atau indonesia." = "You can speak English or Indonesian" != "You can speak in English or in Indonesian."
Time will flow quickly~ let's wait for his return
Hmmm ic, I'm still waiting to take on bahasa class again in a year... but I'd prefer a less normative sentence.(I think I'll go with LiTTleDRAgo's version, because 'menggunakan''s like treating our language as a physical tool IMO.)
Yeah I agree with arcyz, it's still not a gravely important matter that needs a deep discussion lol.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

thelastguardian wrote:Okay, I've read thru the request. They are reasonable and I have no objection.

However, it might be better to have a person(or more) responsible for maintaining alternative language forum. Thoughts?
Glad to see that our requests were heard.

I put a list of available supervisors for each language (and I'll send it later in the afternoon). For the whole sub-forum, it'll be quite difficult for a single person to mamage all the existing languages.
arczyx wrote:And if possible, can you make that person have the authority to create a new language subforum? (so that we don't have to "bother" you or oni in case a new request appeared, since both of you is not exactly very responsive and all...)
Why not, I never considered that idea, but yeah, it can improve the situation in the ALF. One isn't enough, though.

What Kira said sums up my opinion.
Kira0802 wrote:One person for languages he/she understands might be better though. Having some kind of moderator is a good idea, but it would be better if the person in question can be in constant contact with the languages he/she is responsible for.

IMO, the right to create language subforums might not be so important right now. Rather, locking/moving/merging threads/posts is what would be preferable.
I asked for them too, as it also concerns the ALF.

Anyway, I'll prepare the mail, so that I can send it and have the changes effective.
----

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”