Multifile upload?

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Multifile upload?

Post by denormative »

I've got about four volumes of images needing to be uploaded (the new IS v1-3 and the HnA side-story volume), but I've an aversion to uploading 80+ images up one-by-one, is there a way of bulk uploading files somewhere about?
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Multifile upload?

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Personally, I'd say just don't upload them until they're used -- but that's my way of handling this.

Regarding bulk uploads, there are two possible approaches I can think of:
  1. There are extensions that will let you do just that, but none of those are installed on B-T AFAIK (see here). You may want to request one, but it may be vulnerable to spam bots.
  2. Use an external script like this or this (untested -- found them linked over at StackOverflow)
denormative
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Multifile upload?

Post by denormative »

EusthEnoptEron wrote:Personally, I'd say just don't upload them until they're used -- but that's my way of handling this.
That's more-or-less why they've built up like this, if I were uploading as I found them it wouldn't result in a problem. :) One chapter of the HnA volume has already been translated, and the IS volumes look to be just the original v1-3's text, but with the new CHOCO images inserted in new places. So I (or someone) just need to go through doing the "translate a couple of lines; find where that is in the wiki translation; insert image there" thing. A bit tedious, but at least it's intellectually stimulating tedious, rather then tracking down typos in wiki markup that break my code tedious. :P
EusthEnoptEron wrote:Regarding bulk uploads, there are two possible approaches I can think of:
  1. There are extensions that will let you do just that, but none of those are installed on B-T AFAIK (see here). You may want to request one, but it may be vulnerable to spam bots.
  2. Use an external script like this or this (untested -- found them linked over at StackOverflow)
Yeah, I should have done the "code now; ask never" thing. Turns out it only took 6 lines of python to allow me to do something like `./uploadfiles.py *.jpeg`. >.>
Assorted PDFs: viewtopic.php?p=159960

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”