Improving BT Quality Discussion

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Azyrion
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Improving BT Quality Discussion

Post by Azyrion »

krytyk wrote:
nikomaru wrote:in the future, is the any posibilities to remove content images from the top of fulltext page?
well, to put it bluntly those image is spoiler hence reducing the surprise effect :(
Possibly, however it might impact Simon's epub generator and baka-tsuki mobile app, I'll try it and talk it over with folks later.

Edit: Currently testing on one of my own series:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 2:Volume_1

I'll ask around and if it isn't conflicting with any of the 3rd party apps (already know from Simon it doesn't break BTE-GEN) so all that's left to confirm if it's fine with baka-reader. Anyone?
Well the app only loads the chapters one by one and doesn't have a full text page so it's clear from this side. Itested it on my phone just now and I didn't get any change notification even after forcing update.
krytyk

Post by krytyk »

In that case I'm going to apply the spoiler thingy to both my series later, however. I don't have any magical influence powers over other translators and projects managers. So whether they follow suit is not up to me~
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
EusthEnoptEron
Project Translator

Post by EusthEnoptEron »

Is there a reason (other than a historical one) why we include B/W in the gallery, anyway? I have always put only the color illustrations into the illustration pages of my projects, using the B/W ones only in the chapters themselves, and never heard someone complain. (Because that's how it's also handled in the actual novels. And I'm allergic to spoilers. :D)
krytyk

Post by krytyk »

EusthEnoptEron wrote:Is there a reason (other than a historical one) why we include B/W in the gallery, anyway? I have always put only the color illustrations into the illustration pages of my projects, using the B/W ones only in the chapters themselves, and never heard someone complain. (Because that's how it's also handled in the actual novels. And I'm allergic to spoilers. :D)
Actually there's a good reason why the colour illustrations are not included in the middle of the novels (where the scenes depicted are), but rather on the very beginning. I'd have to explain printing process and stuff though... so yeah, that.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
nikomaru
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Tasogare-iro no Uta Tsukai (Full Text)

Post by nikomaru »

krytyk wrote:
nikomaru wrote:in the future, is the any posibilities to remove content images from the top of fulltext page?
well, to put it bluntly those image is spoiler hence reducing the surprise effect :(
Possibly, however it might impact Simon's epub generator and baka-tsuki mobile app, I'll try it and talk it over with folks later.

Edit: Currently testing on one of my own series:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 2:Volume_1

I'll ask around and if it isn't conflicting with any of the 3rd party apps (already know from Simon it doesn't break BTE-GEN) so all that's left to confirm if it's fine with baka-reader. Anyone?
in my opinon,
Kino no Tabi volume 2 Full Text
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... bi:Volume2
or
Mari-mite fulltext
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ru:Volume1
format is the Best,
there is only front & back cover on the top of fulltext page
(read using operamini 4 mobile view)
:/xO rre qejyu m.t.y.y. anw daedu/.

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”