Project page (2014 edition)

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Project page (2014 edition)

Post by cloudii »

larethian (2012) wrote:http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... d_Projects

this page looks good, can we have it linked from the main page?
Hello there~!

I actually never new that Series List page existed. xD I really like it.

Anyhow, because I didn't know it existed, I went ahead and made this some time ago: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... ii_Sandbox

Here's the premise:
  • I have a MySQL database that will keep project information and track updates. If we'd like to go with a system like this, I'd gladly make an interface to make it publicly accessible.
  • I have code that read's Mangaupdates RSS feed (recent updates released). It add's all of Baka-Tsuki's entries to the database
    • Note: It's not running right now... because Cronjobs isn't working very well on 000webhost... I'll need to ask Simon later again if he's interested in hosting some of my php code on his server. But I know it works... I just have to ping the URL manually. @____@;
  • In the near future: I plan to make code that will read Baka-Tsuki's Recent Updates page (which I can apparently also get from RSS/atom), to figure out which contributor made the translation corresponding the Mangaupdates entry, since Mangaupdates doesn't track users.
  • In the near future: Use Baka-Tsuki's API to write code that will print the information on the database directly onto the Wiki.
    • Note: Got this to work!
I'm thinking we could probably combine some things here.

The nice thing about using an external MySQL database is that it can sort everything automatically. You wouldn't need to manually track which projects have fallen into the stalled range, or worry about a list becoming out-of-date. Basically, it'd be self-maintaining.

Just a thought/idea.
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”