Babel Extension

Do you have a fully fleshed idea that you think Baka-Tsuki should adopt? Post it here.

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

cloudii
Project Translator
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Babel Extension

Post by cloudii »

cloud wrote:If it's categories, TLG actually installed the Babel extension. It's kind of pretty. I'll show off my userpage: here.

Basically, a really really short piece of code automatically adds a ton of categories, and puts a little pretty box on your userpage. Here's what I put for mine:

Code: Select all

{{#babel: en | zh-2 | fr-1 }}

Long story short, TLG installed this Babel Extension. It goes very well on user pages, and is probably a better replacement for the existing Translator/Editor categories on the Wiki.

It's pretty, but it adds a lot of categories. Cautr said it was messing up the categories because just that little piece of babel code adds 6-7 additional categories automatically, so I ended up removing it from my page ^^;

If we're not going to use it, can we get it uninstalled?
Twitter: @cloudiirain | BT Userpage | OreShura Translator | Biblia Editor (@HereticLNT) | Clockwork Editor (@HereticLNT)
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Babel Extension

Post by cautr »

It's not really an issue of it being better or not. People will just not use it, rendering it useless categories. I also deem the TL/Editor categories useless, to be honest. Who cares?
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare

Return to “Proposals and Suggestions”