B-T Youtube - LN Audio Recordings

Discuss audio books for light novels.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: B-T Youtube - LN Audio Recordings

Post by defan752 »

I feel like this isn't getting enough attention, so I propose that the admins set up a special temporary page dedicated to the announcement and promotions of the audiobook project. After we get some more takers, they can remove that page and set up individual audiobook discussion talk pages for each LN that people are interested in, for negotiation, selection, quality check, collaborations and so on. Just my two cents.

Also, richbonner93, I can't figure out how to send a PM, but do you have a Skype account? I'm interested in collaborating with you on DxD.
pudding321
Haruhi Bunny Commando
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by pudding321 »

Is it possible to integrate the audio recordings into the ebooks? (I know mobi does, but epub?)
LoveLive! and Book Girl Extras: http://schoolidoldiary.wordpress.com/
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

oh, i knew i forgot something.... putting up an audiobook registration page.

I'll do it later, if someone does make a page first (been dreadfully busy this week), please post the like here so we can all get working on it. :)
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

onizuka-gto wrote:oh, i knew i forgot something.... putting up an audiobook registration page.

I'll do it later, if someone does make a page first (been dreadfully busy this week), please post the like here so we can all get working on it. :)
Do you have to be an admin to create or edit that page? I would like to contribute to it.
dragsvart
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dragsvart »

great idea, I'm planning on trying to do an audio version of No Game No Life or Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo when finals are over and my life calms down a little bit.
Last edited by dragsvart on Sat May 17, 2014 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiro Hayase
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hiro Hayase »

If you guys are interested in doing the audio recordings, I would recommend that you only do the first volume of any light novel series for now. Or if you really want to challenge yourself, try out the comedic or darker light novels out there. It might be amusing to see you ladies and gentlemen say those embarrassing lines. :lol:

Why the first volume only?
-The first volume usually encourages a reader to read more or stop altogether. If you do a good job with the audio version, then you might encourage the listener to read the novels as well. The audio recordings are in a way advertising for Baka-Tsuki.

I do advise against doing the audio recordings for series with 20+ volumes. Do the first volume, see how it turns outs. Get constructive criticisms from one another and respects each others audio work. Not everyone is gifted with an angels voice and etc.

Any user (preferably a registered user on the wiki) can edit or sign up at the audiobook registration page.

P.S. Has the registration page been made already?
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Hiro Hayase wrote: P.S. Has the registration page been made already?
No, but if you could, that would be great. I'll help with the editing and stuff if you'd like.
Hiro Hayase
Senior Project Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Hiro Hayase »

I'll see what I could do.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

For the wiki page, perhaps we could do a mix of registration and updates, as I doubt that putting restrictions on a same volume would be efficient. Not to mention that it'd be shorter.

It may follow this plan (but if you have better ideas, go ahead).
== Updates ==

*18/05/14, Series - Volume 01 Chapter 4, by User2.

== Series ==

Volume 01 by User1 [Prologue, Chapter 1]
Volume 01 by User2 [5/6]
Here is the registration page, I cannot complete it since I'm quite busy.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

To have better control over the project, I was thinking we should use some kind of system to assign a superivisor to each series, and set up contributors for each series if possible, and even implement collaborations. This has already been mentioned ITT.

1. If we have a set contributor for each project, it helps as people like to listen to familiar voices.
2. We can't have anarchy for each project.
3. People should audition for the part (or maybe I'm overthinking this) by submitting readouts and having a supervisor decide.
4. Whether a contributor decides to read out all parts by him/herself or have different people for different roles is up to the supervisor and contributors.

Just putting this out there, I don't want to say too much before we get a consensus.
dragsvart
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by dragsvart »

I agree that there should be a supervisor and set contributors for each project but the whole audition thing might put some people off. As long as the reading is understandable there shouldn't be a problem, the supervisor could check it to make sure everything is understandable.
Blueblade11
Devoted Haruhiist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Blueblade11 »

dragsvart wrote:I agree that there should be a supervisor and set contributors for each project but the whole audition thing might put some people off. As long as the reading is understandable there shouldn't be a problem, the supervisor could check it to make sure everything is understandable.
I agree with this. Just the thought of this is putting me off. :P

On another note, I would be willing to lend my voice to this, except I have no idea how to do anything except for create mp3 files.

EDIT: mp3, not mp4.

EDIT 2: I recorded a kind of non-serious-serious attempt. https://mega.co.nz/#!uhAi3ABC!v0ors8oPb ... NyW2XMDob0

I'll probably re-record, if people think it's good enough.
<Insert Comment Here>
<Hello. Wandering Reader here, des.>
<Someday, I'll learn Japanese and translate stuff. Someday.>
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Supervisor added.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Okay, now I see that auditioning is not going to work. However, how do we decide who reads which projects, and how many people to each series?
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

If we follow BT's way of working, people should be free to contribute for the audio recordings, without excessive restrictions.
Still, they should organize and restrain themselves from doing pointless actions, like recording a project which was already proposed, unless there are valid reasons.

The existence of multiple versions is less a problem here, in the condition that whole volumes are done, preferably in order.

As this isn't a domain that I master, you may give suggestions on how the registration should work.
----

Return to “Audio Recordings”