B-T Youtube - LN Audio Recordings

Discuss audio books for light novels.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: B-T Youtube - LN Audio Recordings

Post by krytyk »

no1atall wrote:Well, if that is the case, then I guess it is time to start contacting the translators isn't it? The translator for the series I am doing is Js06. Anybody know the best way to get in touch with him?

~no1atall
Write on his talk page, that's the best way to contact him. Also you can use the method 'Lack of answer will be considered as acceptance after (x weeks time)'. That's an efficient way to deal with translators who are no longer around, as not to block any potential progress on series as well.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Misogi wrote:Unless he disappeared, of course.
Even then, no reply isn't a "yes". If a translator is unreachable, it's tough luck for the guy wanting to do this. Nothing else.
Translator at guhehe.TRANSLATIONS

"Life's a tale, told by an idiot." -Shakespeare
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Sure, but since it'd go against BT's spirit, that would explain why such an exception would be allowed.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Misogi wrote:Sure, but since it'd go against BT's spirit [...]
How?

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

Refusing legit contributions. Anyway, Oni may give his stance about it.
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
hayashi_s
Senior Project Translator

Post by hayashi_s »

unless a translator clearly puts his foot down and says "No, no, I'm not having any of this.", I think it's safe to say you can probably go ahead and do this... I don't know what to call this. In any case it boils down to whether the translator is active. If he is, he can give his own opinion, but if he's been dead for a year or more it's probably safe to say he's not coming back and you can proceed to mah hole car cold cold everything else.
Alice is my waifu

wiki page
krytyk
Kyonite - The Haruhi Pacifier

Post by krytyk »

My thought about it is: If he disappears and doesn't take any interest in continuing to take care of his translations, that more or less means he leaves the judgement and management of his translation to others. Basically that, however if translator is easily reachable, then a permission should be sought considering a reachable translator can respond within days, if not hours. Of course permission should be sought every time, but if translator cannot be reached - what I said earlier.
- JAP to ENG translator for AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon"; ELYSION virtual region; Omae wo Onii-chan ni Shite Yarouka!?; Only Sense Online -
- Retired Manga Redrawer/Typesetter. @Manga-Heaven; @Kono-Basho; @wangan-scans; &anonymous releases.
no1atall
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by no1atall »

Yup, that sounds about right. Get permission when possible, go ahead until told otherwise in case the translator is MIA. My translator seems to be fairly active though, so I will make sure to get in touch with him somehow. Somebody mentioned his talk page? Sorry, since I am still fairly new to these forums, I am not sure hot to find those. Would somebody mind giving me directions or dropping me a link? Tyvm in advance.

~no1atall
no1atall
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by no1atall »

O, one thing I forgot to bring up in my last post. I had a couple of suggestions for extra info to add to the video descriptions as a standard. First suggestion is to add in a time stamp, for where the actual story starts. (where to skip to in order to skip over the main baka-tsuki disclaimer and any other intro info such as book chapter, etc.)

Also, it would be worth considering to add in a few sentences in the description asking listeners for feedback to help us improve. Let us know what they liked, and what they didn't like. This will help us get feedback and hopefully get the audiences more involved with the work which could lead to more interest being generated.

Finally, I have been doing some extra research to improve my voice and reading techniques, and have found that there is a lot more involved in doing a good read than I first expected. I am not suggesting everyone do this, but it can be a good thing to put a bit of time into if you are serious about this project. I could type up a quick list of helpful tips and practices for doing a good read if people are interested.

~no1atall
cautr
Tsuruya Gigglenator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cautr »

Then I suggest making a list with translators who are always in favour and a list of such who are always against it. That way for certain projects/volumes/chapters there's no asking necessary. Just make a thread in the suggested sub-forum in case it's being created.

Cthaeh
Yuki-Nagator
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Cthaeh »

no1atall wrote: Somebody mentioned his talk page? Sorry, since I am still fairly new to these forums, I am not sure hot to find those. Would somebody mind giving me directions or dropping me a link? Tyvm in advance.
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/inde ... _talk:Js06
no1atall
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by no1atall »

Thanks for the link Cthaeh. Really appreciate it.

~no1atall
SilentNumber
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by SilentNumber »

Whose permission should be asked for chapters with multiple translators? Mahouka Volume 1 Chapter 2 for example is registered to have been done by Hazue, larethian and Seitsuki.
Doing what I can, when I can, while I can.
Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

In this case, contact either larethian or Seitsuki.
----
cloudairship
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cloudairship »

Is there a way to figure out who translated which volumes? Baccano! has had a bunch of different translators, and since volume one was translated 2009 and it doesn't appear any of the translators on Baka-Tsuki for the series are active, I'm not sure who I should be contacting.

Return to “Audio Recordings”