B-T Youtube - LN Audio Recordings

Discuss audio books for light novels.

Moderators: Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: B-T Youtube - LN Audio Recordings

Post by Misogi »

For volume 1, contact HloyCow and Elkin on the wiki. For the others, either it's quite complicated, or there's a link to an external project.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
no1atall
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by no1atall »

I posted on JS06's talk page, and he was a baws and gave me the green light to go ahead with the audio book. Thank you JS!

~no1atall
cloudairship
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cloudairship »

I contacted Elkin and he approved an audiobook of Baccano!, so I guess it's full steam ahead.
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

krytyk wrote: TLG Translation Common Agreement v.0.4.1

Section B Under no circumstances would you(b2) 1. submit works(a) that are licenced(d) in the country the server and/or the submitter is located in. 2. submit translated works(a) copied directly from an unauthorized source such as, but not limited to, online, written sources etc. . If you(b2) submit works(a) that have been authorized by their rights holder, permission, in the form of written/electronic/printed must be available upon request. All translated works(a) rights are properties of their respective translators. By submitting translated works(a) to this wiki(0) you(b2) agree that All works(a) will be deleted without warning upon request by the copyright holders..
Thank you for bringing this to my notice.

In which case i have to look back on precedent cases which i have found three, specifically BakaReader & BakaEX android reader app, teaser and preview script protocol and hosting of external projects (all hosting before 2014).

BakaReader and its successor BakaEX application brings Translators work to a different viewing medium, that is not hosted on a wiki and is stored and displayed on any android capable devices, including but not limited to: TV, mobile phones, tablets, Watches, In Car entertainment systems, fridges and etc etc.

It is not a far stretch to suggest that by publishing on Baka-Tsuki, official Baka-Tsuki associated mediums and applications is covered by the Baka-Tsuki contributors agreement when Baka-Tsuki assumed the hosting and promoting intentions in the interest of the translators.

Arguably the transition of reading to listening is thin, but the intention to host the work outside of the Baka-Tsuki domain, is a little bit different, therefore i refer to supporting precedent:
Internal protocol has assumed the above, to teaser and preview machine translated scripts within our domain, when translators who do not reply over a set period of time, have agreed by absence of reply, to either move and/or delete the script.
On a more stronger supporting precedent case:
Operational un-codified protocol of hosted linked works (all hosted projects before 2014), has been that for all interest projects, in the past have been approached with a written request to the translators with the intent to host their works as backup, with full intention of crediting and clear linking back to the intended source.
In the absence of confirmed reply over a period of 2-4 weeks the assumption that the work is for public viewing and the translator therefore has either A) abandoned the work. B) Does not mind C) Does not Care. (Hosted works were removed when translators reply when against the action, even if the hosted project has been published for an indefinite period of time.)

In legal terms the above can be considered: Ex Parte

So, as misogi so eloquently provided: Yes. written notification should be sent to all accredited registered translators, with a period of say 1 to 2 weeks to reply, before project will commence. If however the translators does reply after the set period or even with the audio file hosted or an indefinite time period, we will be complied to remove it.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

Been off the forum for a while, but now I'm up to speed. I contacted the translator for Hakomari (nice guy) and he gave me the green light to go full steam.

I'm sure you've all noticed my slow progress, and that's because I haven't had much time. I expect to have more time in the coming weeks, sorry about that hiatus.
BitterSugar
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BitterSugar »

Would it actually be possible to organise some sort of a 'voice acting' group of Bakatsuki which would be composed of narrator and character voice actors? Although thisone was very good in virtue of the usage of different accents & pitch for the dialogues, I think some other works were quite confusing to listen to because the voice of the narration and dialogues were identical. If there was a voice acting team assigned to chapters, we can have different voices for the narrator and the characters? I think the quality of the audio recordings would be much better if they were done like this.

With that said, I may be able to contribute to the production of audio recordings when I get a new headset in a few weeks.
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

Misogi
Supreme Lord Temporal
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Misogi »

It'd be quite hard to do this, with people scatteredall around the world.
Twitter : @MisogID
----
Sans plume, ni sanité (Without feathers nor sanity), a blog reeking of sickness. Wipe your minds before entering.
BitterSugar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BitterSugar »

Misogi wrote:It'd be quite hard to do this, with people scatteredall around the world.
People don't have to work at the same time. You get a script of what you have to read, record it, then send it to the person who would put it all together. Maybe it would be too much work, but I think it is worth it.
Want something edited? Feel free to private message me and I'll see what I can do.

cloudairship
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by cloudairship »

It could be hard to do, but I'd be willing to work on something like this, either as a "voice actor" or editing it together. Although, this kind of editing can become time consuming, it would be pretty cool.
SilentZephyr
Kyonist
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by SilentZephyr »

I think I have come up with a system for multiple voice actors and an editor.

First we have a script with lines and page numbers, I've found that Microsoft word can display these. The editor can tell the voice actors to read say page 3 line 1 to 3 and page 4 line 2 (or just read all of that guys lines), this way if they screw up its easier to edit out and redo.

This system makes it so that only one person needs a big video editing software.

Also if your looking a free sound editing/recording program, Audacity is easily the best. Lots of production companies use it.
defan752
Vice Commander Itsuki
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by defan752 »

I like this idea but I'm not quite sure how it would work. Would we have a team of voice actors and editors, with one person leading each project? For example, if I led Hakomari (like I am now), could I assign voice actors and editors? Sounds hard to coordinate our actions together as we're scattered around the world, as mentioned.

Cool concept but I'm not sure I understand.
SilentZephyr
Kyonist

Post by SilentZephyr »

Ok let me give you an example with Madan no Ou to Vandis:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... 1_Chapter1

Copy this into word text only, change the font to calibri size 11. Also make sure 'Dont add spaces between paragraphs of the same style' is ticked so you save some space on the page. You should have 42 lines on a page.

Now i can tell VA1 to read Page 1 Line 1,11,15,21 VA2 to read Page 1 line 9,13,29 and VA3 to read anything thats not in quotation marks or speech etc.

Then the VAs just save their sound clip P1L1 P1L11 etc and the editor can easily string them together

Btw i only just noticed that when you copy and paste into word the name of the picture is copied so just dont read that.

Edit: of course this is alot of work for the editor but i guess we have to think about the translators that do 100 time more work
Last edited by SilentZephyr on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
BitterSugar
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by BitterSugar »

defan752 wrote:I like this idea but I'm not quite sure how it would work. Would we have a team of voice actors and editors, with one person leading each project? For example, if I led Hakomari (like I am now), could I assign voice actors and editors? Sounds hard to coordinate our actions together as we're scattered around the world, as mentioned.

Cool concept but I'm not sure I understand.
Yes, that's what I was thinking of. Whether or not the voice actors would like to do it or not is their choice (like any other projects in baka-tsuki). Also, I don't see how it'd be a problem since it's not supposed to be happening live. Like I mentioned previously, the voice actors would get a script of what they have to say, record it, and when they are done, they would send it to the editor. Once the editor collects all the recordings, (s)he can put it together and finally upload it to Youtube.

SilentZephyr
Kyonist

Post by SilentZephyr »

Tbf this system is only if we want multiple voices in a reading, we could still do it like how we are currently.

We should see if anyone would like to do it like this. I for one wouldn't mind being an editor or a VA and could work with both systems.
Maybe we should do a poll
rafa94
Reader

Post by rafa94 »

SilentZephyr wrote:Tbf this system is only if we want multiple voices in a reading, we could still do it like how we are currently.

We should see if anyone would like to do it like this. I for one wouldn't mind being an editor or a VA and could work with both systems.
Maybe we should do a poll
I think it's a great idea, more dynamic and enjoyable than the current one. An audio with different voice actors and one narrative voice if necessary sounds awesome. It's a bit complex but I reckon it's worthy.
'Words hide truth, words hide lie... trust or not, but read them all'

English-Spanish Translator and Editor | Traductor y Editor de Inglés-Español
Twitter: @rafa94pa
DeviantArt: AkiLawliet

Return to “Audio Recordings”