New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Lunar Vitae
Administrator
Favourite Light Novel: Maria-sama ga Miteru

Re: New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Post by Lunar Vitae »

mariareese wrote:I think I am having the issue with the android version .. and it no more update for my phone .. :(

Do you have more information you can share? Android version? App version? Trouble updating over 3G/4G or Wi-Fi? Any error or system messages?
Last edited by Lunar Vitae on Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: New page, having a quote helps
Feel free to contact me here, on Discord (#5703), or on the wiki (Leviticus)!

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Maria-sama ga Miteru (Project Manager, Editor)
LiarLiar
Astral Realm

Post by LiarLiar »

hi so I just downloaded the app. and I dunno if its just like that it is showing me the main novels. but not doujinshi or any short short stories when I open the app but in the website its there.
Lunar Vitae
Administrator

Post by Lunar Vitae »

This would depend on if the project page is formatted for use with the app, if I recall correctly. Sadly, this is the extent of my knowledge of how the app works with the wiki. You could also try adding the project manually.

Unless, or course, it's this specific project that isn't working while others are displayed happily, all the while it already has the correct formatting. Could you provide a little more detail?
LiarLiar
Astral Realm

Post by LiarLiar »

Lunar Vitae wrote:This would depend on if the project page is formatted for use with the app, if I recall correctly. Sadly, this is the extent of my knowledge of how the app works with the wiki. You could also try adding the project manually.

Unless, or course, it's this specific project that isn't working while others are displayed happily, all the while it already has the correct formatting. Could you provide a little more detail?

can you teach me how to do it ? i tried redownloading the whole thing but it's only the main novels are working.
and to be more specific the novel name is Maruma,
and also I notice when I'm on the web I can see some titles that's not in the app list.
and also thank you for answering and I tried do some tinkering with setting button on the app but nothing happens.

off the topic and also can you please help me with the answering the questions for preventing automated submissions ? that part Hahaha it's making me crazy
thank you so much
Lunar Vitae
Administrator

Post by Lunar Vitae »

It seems like the project has been formatted as it is intentionally. The main series, as you said, shows up just fine in the app; the extras are not. That project has had a lot of work done on it, so I would recommend talking to RedGlassesGirl about possibly adding those extras to the app (through formatting).

I don't understand your last question, though. Are you having trouble creating an account on the forums?

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
moh
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by moh »

It's been a while since I was using the app but I don't remember the little bar at the bottom (or side in landscape view)
I'm using Google play version (1.1.46) on Sony Xperia M2 (android 4.4.4).
Is this the placeholder for ads or just a bug?
Lunar Vitae
Administrator

Post by Lunar Vitae »

That is very much a bug. As far as I know, the app doesn't have ads, so it isn't a placeholder (which is a great guess).

I've never seen this myself, nor has anyone else reported it that I know of. I would try reinstalling the app and see if that helps. If I had to guess, I'd say it was an error in how the phone, with that Android version, was rendering the page. That said, I'd like to test it for science. Do you have any other Android devices? Which LN was this, and which chapter?

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
moh
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by moh »

I made detailed report after your debugging suggestions. However if you still want to test exactly same chapter as on previous post then it's
High School DxD / Volume 16 - Daywalker of the Extracurricular Lesson / New Life.
on a side note I thought that phpbb now ships with phone support theme by default, no? :(
Lunar Vitae
Administrator

Post by Lunar Vitae »

Yep, looks like it's your phone. The page renders properly on my Galaxy S6 (Android 7) and my tablet (Android 5.0.1).

EDIT: ah! I totally forgot about hidden system navigation buttons. That was going to be my next question . . . except now that It think about it, my tablet has that feature. I wonder if it's a bug with older versions of Android.
moh wrote:on a side note I thought that phpbb now ships with phone support theme by default, no? :(
No idea. That would be part of the technical bits that are beyond me. :P
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

Bakareaderex is not loading books on my Samsung galaxy tab s3 android 7.0 tablet
Ravage
Astral Realm

Post by Ravage »

Ever since the site maintenance (around 19.11.17 or so) i've been getting a "Trust anchor for certification path not found" on most of the chapters and novel main pages in the app. I'm guessing links have expired, since server has been moved.
Therius
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Therius »

Ultimately i'm receiving an error that says textually

class javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException
: Thrust anchor for certification path not found
Lunar Vitae
Administrator

Post by Lunar Vitae »

I would like all three of you to try this and report back, if you would be so kind.
  • Navigate to: Settings -> Update and Notification, and under Network, uncheck the box that says Load App Keystore.
  • Close and reopen the app.
  • Refresh the main page, and open any random novel. Let it load everything.
  • Navigate once again to Settings -> Update and Notification, under Network, and reenable (recheck) the box for Load App Keystore
  • Close and reopen the app.
  • Check any novel of choice
Everything should be working at this point. I've personally tested and use the app on my S8 (Android 7.0) and Lenovo tablet (Android 5.0.1), and it works perfectly.

P.S.: closing the app means closing it. When you tap the view button, swipe BakaReader EX off the screen.

Join our Discord!

Current Projects:
Therius
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Therius »

I have tried it and when i disable the "load app keystore" it works as intended, but as soon as i reenable it the same error pops up and doesn't load the novel info.
I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo plus with Android 4.4.4
Astral Realm

Post by Guest »

The first part where I uncheck the box worked. When I rechecked the box it did the same thing as before. With it unchecked it downloaded the chapters properly.

Return to “Developers and Code”