ePUB Generator

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Shiranui
Astral Realm

Re: ePUB Generator

Post by Shiranui »

@Simon:
I think I pinpointed the problem somewhat. In regards to High School DxD 12.5, the cover image ONLY appears in the Original version. I downloaded the Acer, Kindle Fire, HTC, and the Kobo Touch versions and tested it on my computer and they are all missing that cover page.

On a side note, the Original versions of Zero no Tsukaima 8 and 12.5 are now showing up properly on my Kobo, but again, all the other versions appear to be dark and distorted...

Could it be possible that the script is only updating the images for the Original version?

Sorry if I'm being a bother... It's not too big of a deal, I just like to nitpick...
Lery
I.D.S.E Humanoid Interface [LSB]
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by Lery »

You're like a beta-tester ^^
I guess it's fine : you actually help by pointing possible bugs ;)
Wiki user : Lery (talk)

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Kirito92
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Kirito92 »

Hi, first my thanks for this page, really handy.

Only one thing, and heavy object vol 5 appear at the end the list of all vol of the wiki with links, no know is normal. And the vol of date a live appear the box of next vol main page of the wiki.
Lery

Post by Lery »

I'm not sure to be able to understand what you mean.

Could you provide more information?
Maybe URLs involved, or screenshot?

I really didn't understand your sentence. But if you found a bug, I guess it's something worth to know for Simon, so if you could explain it better, it would be good. :wink:

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

He means the navigation templates at the end of every Book/Chapter(in the wiki).

Honestly... it's a pain to backtrack them and then remove them. So... they'll stay there.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Ahhh, okay. I see what you mean.

By the way, Simon : you talked about some link library project in your other thread...
I had a question : do you intend to host pdf, etc. or just to collect the link to the download location of each files?

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

The other one ? Ah... it only hosts links. And will only host links.
ePUB Generator <<Productive>> : BTE-GEN | Yay, I'm free. Let's see how long it takes for this place to go down.
Lery

Post by Lery »

Okay, thanks for the info. :D

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Al3xx~
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Al3xx~ »

Hi, ePub generator its so good, but, i got a question, the ePub es created compressing the "full text"s from the web? Cause I'd like to change the language when creating an ePub, changing cause i want some novelas in spanish that are only in baka tsuki, and creat automatic ePub, its there any way to make this? Or epubs are created and hosted only in english? Thanx I read SO MUCH epubs in english created using the ePub gen. Greetings from Mexico
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Lery

Post by Lery »

Okay, since it's not obious if you don't know how works a wiki, I made you a small tutorial :
Spoiler! :
Firstly go to the page you're interested in, here I just took the english page of SAO, but it works with any project and any language.

Then scroll a little to the volume you're interesting in.
You have to be sure that the "Full Text" version is available for this project.
And click it.

Make sure that it's not just one chapter but the compilation of all the chapters (You don't want to make 25 epub files to read your book, do you?)

Then just copy the link of the page, but not the whole!
Only what comes between the "?title=" (and the "&" if there is one, there usually should be any)

Then go to the link Simon gave in his post.
You should end up there :

Now, paste what you just copied in the "Title" text area, this isn't really the title of the book, but the Wiki-URL.
Complete the rest as you wish, (this isn't really required, excepted the file name) ;)

And click Get and you're done with it : you have your epub file with the book inside.
You don't have to choice the format or the reader you're going to use, since there won't be any image in it.
There won't be any cover neither, if you want one, add it using Calibre ;)

If you want to check your epub file, without using your reader, you may use the Sumatra PDF reader or this Firefox extension to read it on your computer. :wink:

So... Not really a useful tutorial, but may help someone once...
I hope that now everybody will be able to make its epub file in its language :D

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Simon
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Simon »

Lery wrote:(this isn't really required, excepted the file name)

It would be better if you fill them out, at least the translator field.
Al3xx~
Reader
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Al3xx~ »

Lery wrote:Okay, since it's not obious if you don't know how works a wiki, I made you a small tutorial :
Spoiler! :
Firstly go to the page you're interested in, here I just took the english page of SAO, but it works with any project and any language.

Then scroll a little to the volume you're interesting in.
You have to be sure that the "Full Text" version is available for this project.
And click it.

Make sure that it's not just one chapter but the compilation of all the chapters (You don't want to make 25 epub files to read your book, do you?)

Then just copy the link of the page, but not the whole!
Only what comes between the "?title=" (and the "&" if there is one, there usually should be any)

Then go to the link Simon gave in his post.
You should end up there :

Now, paste what you just copied in the "Title" text area, this isn't really the title of the book, but the Wiki-URL.
Complete the rest as you wish, (this isn't really required, excepted the file name) ;)

And click Get and you're done with it : you have your epub file with the book inside.
You don't have to choice the format or the reader you're going to use, since there won't be any image in it.
There won't be any cover neither, if you want one, add it using Calibre ;)

If you want to check your epub file, without using your reader, you may use the Sumatra PDF reader or this Firefox extension to read it on your computer. :wink:

So... Not really a useful tutorial, but may help someone once...
I hope that now everybody will be able to make its epub file in its language :D
Thanx ^^ Tutorial its good enough, very good
Lery

Post by Lery »

Simon wrote:It would be better if you fill them out, at least the translator field.
Yeah, this is obvious, but the ISBN for example isn't really relevant since the Japanese one isn't like our, and the illustrator field isn't recognized by Calibre either, so...

But you should put "Baka-Tsuki" as translator and the name of the author as the author, for honesty sake.

Sysadmin, sometimes.
Rasen
Astral Realm

Post by Rasen »

I saw the update in the epub generator, and as happy as I am to see the Sword Art Online Material Editions and Progressive vol. 1, but I don't think they're finished yet.

Also, I checked the previous LNs that I was having trouble with before, and they're all now working fine, with the exception of Highschool DxD 12, which I formatted for ipad 2, and iBooks refuses to open because it isn't formatted correctly.
Last edited by hobogunner on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merging 2 posts into 1 (by same author).

Return to “Developers and Code”