Project: offline wiki

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]
Favourite Light Novel: 変態王子と笑わない猫。 (Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko.)

Project: offline wiki

Post by vallor »

Hi there! I'm here, introducing you my new project: an offline wiki for BT. If it isn't the best place to do it, I'm sorry.

My internet connexion has always been pretty bad, so some months ago, I made an application (that looks like the BT's wiki) that works offline. Since it seemed to interest some French people, I decided a few days ago to make a real one, that I would share with everyone.

I made this application because I want everyone to be able to work on a wiki-like application, whoever, whenever and wherever. By the way, if it could be utterer than the wiki, it would even be better.

It is quite ugly (for now at least), but please use it even though if the project interests you!

You can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5nduQ ... 4tSVU/view (v2.0b)

All the important statements are in the README.txt file, but (since I know no one will read it although I said it was important), you need to activate Javascript if you want it to work.

Otherwise, I'd like to know which browser you use, its version, and if everything works fine or not.
For now, I'm only sure that everything works fine with Firefox 31 and Internet Explorer 11.

See you!
French Editor and Translator

What I'm doing very very slowly
----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
rafa94
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Project: offline wiki

Post by rafa94 »

hi!! it's spectacular what you've done! I'm amazed... I hope your app will improve and be popular :)

I've just tried with Internet Explorer 11 and it works fine (I'm about doing the "if you have a lot of time to waste" section xD). Nevertheless, it doesn't work with Google Chrome v36 (it seems to be the lastest version, because I checked and Google Chrome is fully updated). The problem is the following: it runs correctly and then, when I close the message "Read README...", the app stops. It's a pity because I always use Chrome and, in my opinion, the app looks better with Chrome comparing to Internet Explorer (but this is insignificant).

Anyway, I'll help you whatever you need. For instance, I can translate it to Spanish if you wish!:D

I'll write soon!

EDIT: ok, I'm not doing the "if you have a lot of time to waste" section hahaha I thought it was a check-list, instead I'll be checking if all works fine

EDIT2: well, with Internet Explorer 11 the app works perfectly!!

EDIT3: news!! I tried removing "/* Optional */ alert('You should take a look at that README.txt file.\nNo kidding, it is short so you really should.\n\nI trust you.');" from the script file, and now the app runs as it should do with Google Chrome. I have no idea why the app stopped, but advicing this problem in the README file might be a good idea :)
'Words hide truth, words hide lie... trust or not, but read them all'

English-Spanish Translator and Editor | Traductor y Editor de Inglés-Español
Twitter: @rafa94pa
DeviantArt: AkiLawliet
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by vallor »

Thank you so much!
The problem is the following: it runs correctly and then, when I close the message "Read README...", the app stops. It's a pity because I always use Chrome and, in my opinion, the app looks better with Chrome comparing to Internet Explorer (but this is insignificant).
It's a problem I noticed too. Before I get Firefox, I used Chrome as well, but I noticed that sometimes it works, sometimes it crashes without doing anything. I asked why on social networks and KasugayaHaruto told me 'Chrome has some issues at the moment. It seems to be because of a 32/64bits compatibility' or something. What you said is right, I'll put it in the README.txt.
Anyway, I'll help you whatever you need. For instance, I can translate it to Spanish if you wish!:D
I don't know if many Spanish people will use it, but it would help (probably) if you do so.
EDIT: ok, I'm not doing the "if you have a lot of time to waste" section hahaha I thought it was a check-list, instead I'll be checking if all works fine
No, it's quite more complicate than that. :lol:
EDIT2: well, with Internet Explorer 11 the app works perfectly!!
Thank you!
EDIT3: news!! I tried removing "/* Optional */ alert('You should take a look at that README.txt file.\nNo kidding, it is short so you really should.\n\nI trust you.');" from the script file, and now the app runs as it should do with Google Chrome. I have no idea why the app stopped, but advicing this problem in the README file might be a good idea :)
That's surprising... Anyway, thank you for telling me!

Edit: So much 'thank you'... I hope it's not kinda boring. ^^'

Edit 2: v1.3 is out. A French patch has been added.

----------
Yevgeny Yevtushenko wrote:Translation is like a woman. If it is beautiful, it is not faithful. If it is faithful, it is most certainly not beautiful.
rafa94
Reader
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by rafa94 »

You're welcome!:D
'Words hide truth, words hide lie... trust or not, but read them all'

English-Spanish Translator and Editor | Traductor y Editor de Inglés-Español
Twitter: @rafa94pa
DeviantArt: AkiLawliet
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by vallor »

Application updated.
The 1.4 version brings two new buttons:
- A "Save" one, to save your work in a .txt file on your computer, an USB key, or wherever you want.
- A "Load" one, that allows you to resume your work where you stopped it.

You can find the download link in the first post. Have fun.

---
The 1.4.1 version is out. It is mostly for the French patch, but some bugs have been fixed as well.

----------
vallor
馬鹿月の衛星保障機構 [F.S.B]

Post by vallor »

Hi there!

For those who are using this application, I have great news: the new version is out!
Even though it still is a beta version (due to the several bugs that aren't fixed yet), it brings a lot of new features such as dual screen, preview, search, etc.

I hope you'll appreciate it.

See ya for next news.

----------

Return to “Developers and Code”