[Old] Baka-Tsuki Android App: BakaReader

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Vaelis
Yuki Elf
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Re: Official Baka-Tsuki Android App: BakaReader Available no

Post by Vaelis »

It's the Android App that needs to be modified and not the Baka-Tsuki wiki.
Xplorer30
Temporal Time Variant Entity
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

Is andyrobo123 still around?

I don't use the ap but let someguy changed my Accel World full text linking back to the standard version since he said it broke the ap if I link it with the volume name. Programs tend to want similar input I think, so guess something might break if you give it different inputs.

ZnT does use a bit of different format for volume 1 though. But looks like it's supervisor want the ap changed instead of the wiki.
Mystes
Heaven's Blade Successor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Mystes »

Xplorer30 wrote:Is andyrobo123 still around?
My messages don't reach him...
Kira0802

#campione at rizon for some #campione discussions~~ And other stuffs.
tinluigi
Astral Realm

Post by tinluigi »

um.. srry to trouble you guys even more but now my app has lost all the novels above dai densetsu no yuusha no densetsu in the novel list. I can't see them on the list. I've tried to re-install the app, twice, but nothing is working. I miss reading baka test on my phone...., any help and srry again
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

It works fine for me O_o
timluigi
Astral Realm

Post by timluigi »

Yeah i dont know whats up with mine :(
anonymous123
Astral Realm

Post by anonymous123 »

Using an asus tf300 on ics. Noticed that menu button goes missing on reading mode as it goes full screen. On my phone there was a dedicated button but on tablet the action overflow icon only works in main screen and chapter list. The menu button was important for toggle toggle color

For night reading i had set white on black option. It does not carry over to reading mode unless you pick toggle colors

On andriid 2.3 phone. When using action bar notification the app hangs trying to download chapter.

Hope that helped
kuroneko
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by kuroneko »

Hello!

I was just wondering about the option "Save text on SD Card" where in SD is it save the text files?

I think it's only natural to clear the cache if you can't find certain chapter or the chapter is outdated.

It worked perfectly in my Samsung Galaxy Y and S2 and Note. Keep up the good work!

tinluigi wrote:um.. srry to trouble you guys even more but now my app has lost all the novels above dai densetsu no yuusha no densetsu in the novel list. I can't see them on the list. I've tried to re-install the app, twice, but nothing is working. I miss reading baka test on my phone...., any help and srry again
In the novel section, bring up the menu to filter then choose all novels.
Visit my site for the highest-quality ePubs. Each are meticulously crafted by hand, not automated, not converted.

Polyaness.com
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke

Post by ben1234 »

Code: Select all

sdcard/android/data/com.andytank.bakareader/files
But apparently those files aren't enough if you're planning on doing a backup. I'm not really sure since I use Titanium backup :D
tinluigi
Astral Realm

Post by tinluigi »

In the novel section, bring up the menu to filter then choose all novels.
it doesn't work, all it shows in the teasers and other books. I even tried titanium backup, but all it does is show it for a few seconds, then disapper. Im really lost right now, and srry again
kuroneko
Devoted Haruhiist

Post by kuroneko »

ben1234 wrote:

Code: Select all

sdcard/android/data/com.andytank.bakareader/files
But apparently those files aren't enough if you're planning on doing a backup. I'm not really sure since I use Titanium backup :D
Thank you, I found it files are there. I was just wondering since I hard reseted my phone and forgot to enable the save to sd feature so whenever I clear cache using app2sd I think all my downloaded and finished chapters are deleted. It's nice to have this feature.

@tinluigi I think you have to ask andyrobo123 but I don't see him/her around in this thread..
Visit my site for the highest-quality ePubs. Each are meticulously crafted by hand, not automated, not converted.

Polyaness.com
gabgrave1
Astral Realm

Post by gabgrave1 »

Just to note, Zero no Tsukaima is not showing any Volumes or Chapters in the reader, only Series Overview. Is there any fix for this?
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

gabgrave1 wrote:Just to note, Zero no Tsukaima is not showing any Volumes or Chapters in the reader, only Series Overview. Is there any fix for this?
You should read back one page at least. This is sort of becoming a FAQ. Maybe someone put a note in the ZnT page itself.

1. Fix the app. The creator of the app seem to have disappeared so no luck on that front. And for anyone reporting bugs, all will be useless till he comes back.

2. Change the wiki page layout itself, which the ZnT supervisor rejected. So not possible on this side.

Final answer, you are out of luck for now.
Teh_ping
Editor-in-Assistance

Post by Teh_ping »

Well, we're stuck. I PMed Andyrobo123 already and asked Oni if we can contact him. There hasn't been any problems with ZnT when this app was created, so it's probably some bug.
Xplorer30
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Xplorer30 »

Well, does anyone remember EXACTLY the date that ZnT broke on the app? Maybe we can check the ZnT main page around then and see what changed.

Return to “Developers and Code”