Adding a RSS or XML feed?

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
Favourite Light Novel: Suzumiya Haruhi
Mahouka koukou no Rettousei
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Adding a RSS or XML feed?

Post by onizuka-gto »

Moved from the main talk page here
~begin transmission~

I suggest adding a RSS or XML feed. Not that I mind visiting daily (this IS my current homepage... well one of them), but when I'm online during my lunch break at work, I usually use the RSS reader embedded in the Vista Sidebar to get info and visit sites. Not to mention that opening a page from "Feed Headlines" bypasses my homepage.
Just a thought.

~end transmission~

/kaoSFell

P.S. There is no editing help.
Last edited by onizuka-gto on Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

mmm...I'm unfamiliar to the workings of RSS, but that's not to say i haven't heard of it, or seen the little icon on some pages.

if someone can tell me what it is, and how hard will it be to impliment it into the wiki?

:?:
"Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck."

@Onizukademongto
cotton
Astral Realm

Post by cotton »

As far as I understand it there is no inbuilt method for generating RSS feeds in MediaWiki. There are however add-ins available.

A quick google found Magpierss, which is in use in a few places, although I'm not sure how easy it will be to implement.

http://magpierss.sourceforge.net./

Some notes on how Mozilla use Magpierss, might be of help.

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/MD ... _Extension
onizuka-gto
Editor-in-Chief
No Game No Life
Mushoku Tensei
Mother of Learning

Post by onizuka-gto »

mmm..actually jusrt spoken to the boss and he told me, our wiki actually does have RSS inbuilt, he just has to figure out have to turn it on...hmmm...interesting....he said he'll get back to me. but thats interesting :)

@Onizukademongto

Return to “Developers and Code”