New Baka-Tsuki Android App: Development

Forum for volunteer developers working on Baka-Tsuki related applications (Baka-Reader, BTprince, etc).

Moderators: thelastguardian, Fringe Security Bureau, Senior Editors, Senior Translators, Alt. Language Translator/Editor, Executive Council, Project Translators, Project Editors

Erakk
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Re: Official Baka-Tsuki Android App: BakaReader Available no

Post by Erakk »

ben1234 wrote:It's a known bug that we can't do anything about without the dev. Just read from the wiki if you don't mind the inability to toggle the really white background
Question, you you prefer to only toggle the text color/background? (i mean, from standard to black background+white font)
Or would you prefer to set the color of them yourself (like brown text green background - Fking ugly but just an example).
I can do both, just dont know if the second is worth it.
In theory, practice and theory are the same.
but, practically, they arent.
ben1234
Lord Temporal Duke
Favourite Light Novel: Ahouka!

Post by ben1234 »

I prefer having a black background with white text but I think some people would prefer the option to choose whatever they want
Erakk
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erakk »

Added colorInvert option to most screens (to let the user pick a color, ill leave this to later)
added the soo awaited checkbox (select it to watch/favorite/download the novel)

bugs - chaper screen disabled.

EDIT: ExpandableListView for chapters implemented. it sould be working perfectly but im having a nightmare making it run.
Its giving an error on when t begins iterating the bookModel. can you check?

After the expandable list, the rest goes smooth.
God Ginrai
Haruhiist Disciple
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by God Ginrai »

ben1234 wrote:I prefer having a black background with white text but I think some people would prefer the option to choose whatever they want
I prefer black background w/ silver text in lower lighting, (the contrast between white text and the black background was not as nice on the eyes, for me) and just toggle the colors off for white background w/ black text out in the sun.
Erakk wrote:
anon wrote:um, for some reason, on my galaxy sii, kokoro connect isnt loading? it keeps on saying 'error; cant connect', but my internet is fine and all the other light novels work great...
Just tested on my Galaxy SII, i also can't connect to Kokoro Connect (no pun intended), but on the new app, i can... hmmm...
That's probably because your parser is more flexible than the one BakaReader used.

Seriously Tho', we should really push for some way of getting an XML feed for Novel Information set up. It would not be hard, and would make it so that you didn't have to rely on parser rules. (Which is good, because it doesn't cause problems like we currently have because the original dev is not around to add a fix to the parser)

-God Ginrai
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

What do you suggest? The whole platform is wiki-based, and each project pages' styling are up to the supervisors of the projects, which doesn't give it much pattern.
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

KuroiHikari wrote:What do you suggest? The whole platform is wiki-based, and each project pages' styling are up to the supervisors of the projects, which doesn't give it much pattern.
update and enforce the common format guidelines : http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _guideline. Maybe add a rule for formatting the list of the books and the chapters.

Currently used rules in the parser, using 'Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" page:
- The start of books and chapters list section is detected by h2 tag containing ' by ' string, e.g.: ==The ''Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai'' series by Hirasaka Yomi==.
- The end of books and chapters list section is detected by the next h2 tag, in this case ==Project Staff==
- for each h3, this will considered as a book, e.g.: ===Volume 1 ([[Boku_Wa_Tomodachi_Ga_Sukunai:Volume1|Full Text]] - [http://www.mediafire.com/?11qxb3h1hawjd9n PDF])===
- for each li element inside dl tag will be considered as a chapter for the preceding h3, e.g.: :* [[Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:Color_Illustrations|Color Illustrations]]

maybe like this?
Visit my blog for other applications.
Erakk
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erakk »

Nandaka wrote:
KuroiHikari wrote:What do you suggest? The whole platform is wiki-based, and each project pages' styling are up to the supervisors of the projects, which doesn't give it much pattern.
update and enforce the common format guidelines : http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index ... _guideline. Maybe add a rule for formatting the list of the books and the chapters.

Currently used rules in the parser, using 'Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" page:
- The start of books and chapters list section is detected by h2 tag containing ' by ' string, e.g.: ==The ''Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai'' series by Hirasaka Yomi==.
- The end of books and chapters list section is detected by the next h2 tag, in this case ==Project Staff==
- for each h3, this will considered as a book, e.g.: ===Volume 1 ([[Boku_Wa_Tomodachi_Ga_Sukunai:Volume1|Full Text]] - [http://www.mediafire.com/?11qxb3h1hawjd9n PDF])===
- for each li element inside dl tag will be considered as a chapter for the preceding h3, e.g.: :* [[Boku_wa_Tomodachi_ga_Sukunai:Color_Illustrations|Color Illustrations]]

maybe like this?
Yeah, ZnT doesnt have a synopsys (its actually "languages") and some doesnt appear the image (very few)

BTW Nandaka, sometimes the AsyncTask is giving crashing the app (on both activites implemented) =)
I dont have the error log here (im at work)
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

Erakk wrote:BTW Nandaka, sometimes the AsyncTask is giving crashing the app (on both activites implemented) =)
I'll check it in weekends. I'm currently doing IT Support for this month so prob. I can only check the project in the weekends. I can't bring my personal laptop to the workplace.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

Last edited by KuroiHikari on Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added &format=xml
Erakk
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erakk »

Nandaka wrote:
Erakk wrote:BTW Nandaka, sometimes the AsyncTask is giving crashing the app (on both activites implemented) =)
I'll check it in weekends. I'm currently doing IT Support for this month so prob. I can only check the project in the weekends. I can't bring my personal laptop to the workplace.
np, we have our priorities.
I'm going to see the ExpandList problem and maybe implement the watchlist layout so you can have a base to work on after.
KuroiHikari wrote:I did some messing about, but what do you think these:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/api.p ... lade_Dance
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/api.p ... &section=7
Our layout/novel data presentation is fairly simple...
im not that familiar in parsing in java but while the first seems good, the second... well, wow.
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

The second one is supposed to be the HTML codes for that section, I think the browser's XML rendering is resulting in HTML code for all the <> and etc characters.

Edit: my bad, it'll look like proper html code once I add &format=xml into the url
Erakk
Digitalizer Editor
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by Erakk »

Ok.
I finished the ExpandableListView setup...
BUT i couldnt manage to show it properly due to it being unable to relate/become child of a ScrollView...
So im think of putting a button in the synopsys where it will take you to the chaptersActivity (screen) where you can click the chapter to read...
The only problem i see with this, is that its too much screens untill you get to the reading, and, i personally think its kinda bad.
Or we could ditch the synopsys temporaly, and put the ExpandableList on its place, and have the option to see the synopsys with a long click on the Novel lists...

Any ideas?
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

What's the original plan again?
Nandaka
Digitalizer Editor

Post by Nandaka »

@erakk:
- set the parent layout as scroll view
- Add a linear layout (vertical)
- Add the Cover, Synopsis, and Expandable list inside the linear layout?

@KuroiHikari:
The problem is the toc structure is not always the same. I can use the API though as alternative method to scan the book list.
maybe something like this:
1. parse for <s toclevel="1" level="2" line="..."/> with line containing " by " string
2. parse all <s toclevel="2" level="3" /> as books.
3. stop until it encounter another <s toclevel="1" level="2" />
4. then call action=parse to get that section and parse the chapter list ==> not much change on the parser.
This create 2 request to the page ==> more timeout exception.

I will use the API action=parse to get the contents though :) e.g: http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/api.p ... ustrations
KuroiHikari
Fish Miner
Favourite Light Novel:

Post by KuroiHikari »

I see 2 calls would give more trouble

Return to “Developers and Code”